• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

harry has to go to the vet

Harry & Heidi's mom

:cry: , when i got up this morning harry had done his buisness in the kitchen
now this is totally out of character of him.

put the light on and icon_yikes icon_yikes blood on the floor.

my heart just stopped, got to take him down to the vets for 9am, he's just as normal, running around and stuff any ideas what it could be??

have kept a "sample" for the vet, arn't i lovely giving him a present :lol:

he was wormed 3 weeks ago.

been to the vet, and harry has colitis, and is on antibiotics and a special diet.
he had an injection to settle the excess acid in his tummy, and he is now just sleeping, he's not normally this quiet!
icon_crying

I had to bring Daisy Boo to the vet for something similar last week. She was straining to poo and it got to the stage where she was screeching. Turns out it was swelling around the anus and not constipation as I originally thought. The vet gave her a painkiller that put her into a very deep sleep and liquid paraffin to ease passage! She's fine now though and I'm sure Harry will be back to himself in a day or two. (BTW, if anyone is wondering - the swelling was a side effect of her heat)
Joanna

So glad your Harry is ok. I said a prayer for him. When I read it this morning it was after 9 so I didnt reply then as figured you would be at the vet. I am sure he will be fine in a couple of days.

good luck!!
Gillian

wow, that reminds me of what me and zack have been going through. hopefully harry's colitis will resolve with the diet and medicine. when i first got zack when he was a week shy of 4 months, he had bloody diarrhea, the vet gave him flagyl for it, but didn't put him on a special diet and didn't give him a shot for his stomach. she said the flagyl would work really fast probably and it did. the diarrhea stopped a few hours after starting the medication. but it came back a few days after he finished the medication.

How old is harry? I sympathize with your pain, it's been hard to watch my wiggle worm puppy be all still and quiet because he's some kind of sick. my daughter's cavalier, Belle, suddenly had diarrhea in her crate which was really out of character, and then she vomited. their vet guessed that she had eaten something harmful, who knows what, she tries to eat lots of things. but their vet gave her some kind of medication and put her on a special diet. And she got all better after that. i hope harry will be completely fine very soon.

Back