PDA

View Full Version : Tri in Gilroy, California

rory
7th March 2006, 03:32 PM
From Craiglist:

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - 2+ yrs. old NEUTERED - Needs new home
Reply to: sale-139363687@craigslist.org
Date: 2006-03-05, 10:47PM

**DO NOT FLAG** I AM NOT A BREEDER OR SELLER OR PUPPY MILL OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT ** PLEASE!

Here is a fully trained, neutered 2 year old male Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Here's what I can tell you about him:

*He was imported from England when he was about 4 months old. I paid $2,000 for him.

*Very well bred and papered.

*He is on the LARGE side, a little over 30 pounds.

*CRATE TRAINED!

*On the quiet end of the spectrum - not energetic, but lives with and plays with kids, other dogs & cats

*Sleeps a lot

*Will, on command, do the following: "sit", "down", "wait", "OK" (release), "go around" (in a circle), "leave it", "roll over"", "outside", and "get in your basket". He will not run out front door if left open. He is leash trained.

*Super sweet temperament. He loves to sit with anyone and allows you to adore him. Great eyes!

*In addition to his food, will eat paper out of wastebaskets and the kids homework, so you have to watch him in that department

*He can be out front off leash (property trained) but I don't recommend this unless you live on an extremely quiet street with no cars. A cat across the street would still be too much temptation.

*Loves to ride in the car - is a good, quiet passenger - does not chew up car at all, but will investigate groceries if left alone long enough with a bag something yummy.

*Has been kenneled without problems or issues.

*Is up to date on vaccinations.

*Would prefer to sleep on my bed, but currently sleeps in crate or on floor.

*Goes potty outside on the grass when I let him outside. He asks to go out by sitting at the sliding glass door. Never barks to go out.

*Sometimes barks at his reflection in the glass if he thinks it's a strange dog (maybe twice a month).

*He NEVER barks when someone comes to the door, knocks or rings bell, does not bark at strangers. He is NOT a watch dog. He likes everybody - very loveable that way.

What else can I tell you?

I have plenty of photos, feel free to email me.

If you are seriously interested in him, you may come to meet him and we can take things from there.

Original URL: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/for/139363687.html

I emailed the current owner and asked why she was looking to rehome him and she said because she was moving to the country where there are tons of insidious foxtails and the first time they went he got several right up his ear. Very painful and very difficult to deal with. I understand because my parents have foxtails and the first time we went to visit them Rory snifffed 2 straight up his nose! An overnight trip to the ER and $500 later, he was relegated to the indoors for the rest of the trip. The owner feels that the dog would be happier in a home where he could go outside without fear of ending up in the ER. She is patiently looking for the perfect home for him and asking a moderate adoption fee. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll give you more details or you can just contact her directly.

Follow the link for a cute pic. ;)

GudrunTheRed
7th March 2006, 04:07 PM
What a sweet little man he is! I feel so bad that they have to give him up, but it sounds like they are thinking of his health and happiness and it must be terribly hard for them. If it was me I just wouldn't move to a place where I couldn't have my Chester with me...but that's just me.

Too bad I'm on the opposite side of the country or I would seriously consider taking him in to be Chester's partner-in-crime!

judy
20th March 2006, 06:17 PM
After spending the weekend with my daughter and her cavalier here at my place, and seeing how happily the dogs played all weekend, and how much less lonely it is for them when in the pen/open door crate at night, or when we go out and leave them, and going for walks together, I see that I MUST get a second dog--the difference in quality of life is so much that there's no question.

I followed the link for the dog but it was removed so i guess the owner found a home for him. :-( He sounded perfect. I want to get an older socialized house trained dog who is quiet, as this dog was described.

I will follow this forum. I emailed the person in case she still needs a home for the dog, but if not, i will keep looking.

rory
20th March 2006, 06:18 PM
someone on the CC board got him. Sorry! :( He seems quite happy. You can check him out here in his new home:

http://www.ckcsboard.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4594&highlight=

judy
20th March 2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks for letting me know, no ambiguity. What a sweet looking boy! Im so happy for him and his families. thanks for posting the link. :o

jennapea
20th March 2006, 07:59 PM
I too checked out the CC board. So glad he got a loving home!! :D