PDA

View Full Version : Linda's pup.......

jennapea
29th March 2006, 05:14 PM
Just an FYI, Linda's breeder is delivering the pups as we speak. Hoping she posts when her (hopefully ruby) boy or girl is born today!!! icon_banana

Can't wait Linda!!!!!!!!!! Know you've been waiting forever!!!!!!!

Julie
29th March 2006, 05:48 PM
OMG how exciting is that. Please let there be a ruby in the litter for her!

Karlin
29th March 2006, 06:12 PM
LIIIINDA!!! Come let us know!

rory
29th March 2006, 06:26 PM
Ok - let's all chant!!!

Ruby! Ruby! Ruby! Ruby! Ruby! Ruby! Ruby!

Linda
29th March 2006, 07:14 PM
I LOVE YOU GUY'S DID YOU KNOW THAT!!!

I AM A COMPLETE MESS, I AM ACTUALLY CRYING.

I CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT LET ALONE TRY TO TYPE.

I TRULY APPRECIATE ALL THE POSITIVE ENERGY BEING SENT OUT
TO ME.
SORRY I AM A REAL SOFTIE.

I don't know how I ever had 3 kids, and got through it.

Please don't get me wrong I love all the colours but I have always
longed for a RUBY my hubby said if it is meant to be then one will be
in the litter. How can he stay so calm.

Kendall: You crack me up icon_yikes icon_yikes
Karlin: Believe me as soon as I know you will al know.
Gosh I have been yapping about it for long enough.

Karlin: The puppies are whelping at another home who Lady lives
with, all I know is I could not take it any longer and called
to see if anything was happening this morning and hubby said
my breeder had gone down to deliver the pups.

jennapea
29th March 2006, 07:51 PM
Do your daycare kids think you belong in the nuthouse today? I can just see it. Little Janie asks Linda if she can break little Johnny's arm because he spit at her and Linda says "do whatever you need to do. I am waiting on an email" :lol:
Of course I'm just kidding, I just know your mind is on one thing and one thing only today. :D

Linda
29th March 2006, 09:03 PM
Do your daycare kids think you belong in the nuthouse today? I can just see it. Little Janie asks Linda if she can break little Johnny's arm because he spit at her and Linda says "do whatever you need to do. I am waiting on an email" :lol:
Of course I'm just kidding, I just know your mind is on one thing and one thing only today. :D

Kat: It is so funny, I was logging on to post on the thread.
I saw your post, originally I was crying again. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I just burst into laughter, all my little darlin kiddies call me Auntie
Linda.
Thanks Kat :D :D :D
We'll I just called, but nobody is home.
I will try again a little later.

Linda
29th March 2006, 10:44 PM
Well I still have had no word, I have called numerous times but
I guess they are still with the puppies.
Not much I can do but wait, I will call again a little later.

In the meantime, my breeder did give me permission a while back to
share the mom's picture so here she is.

Although this picture is a year old.
Isn't she pretty.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Lady_20_Feb1.jpg

Will post a picture of Dad when I get one that is not blurry.

Jen
29th March 2006, 10:55 PM
She's gorgeous Linda! I bet this day has been a long one for you! I hope you hear something soon! :)

jennapea
30th March 2006, 01:26 AM
Oh Linda, she is a beauty! Would love to see the father as well. Even more so, would love to see a picture of the new babies! What a longgggg wait. :cry:

Linda
30th March 2006, 01:49 AM
Okay are you all ready, I just got the call.

Lady the mom had to have a c-section, I knew something was wrong.

She is okay

Here we go, please pray for me.

She delivered

4 Puppies

2 Black & Tan Males
1 Black & Tan Female
1 Ruby MALE

OKAY I AM SHAKING LIKE A LEAF.

Now as you all know Lady does not live with my breeder, so therefore the
lady whom she resides with has pick of the litter.

I was balling my eyes out on the phone, my breeder is exhausted but
God Bless her she took the time to call me. She knows how excited and
anxious I am.
She cannot guarantee me that RUBY BOY until the lady decides.

Originally she wanted a Black and Tan Female

Now I asked my breeder if she was going to take him from me and she said no so please God do not let her friend take my baby.

This is going to kill me, the waiting my breeder will be in contact with me
once she has had some rest.

Oh God Bless Her for calling me.
I am balling my eyes out as I type this post.

Will I get my baby ??????????????
He was the only Ruby born

judy
30th March 2006, 09:13 AM
Although this picture is a year old.
Isn't she pretty.

oh my gosh, she is so stunning. She is just glowing, shimmering with light.
Nice photo.

i hope you get your baby.

Gillian
30th March 2006, 09:16 AM
I always thought it was the owner of the male who got pick of the litter?
Good Luck! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Regards,
Gillian :D

Claire
30th March 2006, 09:37 AM
Fingers crossed and three lots of paws crossed that you have got the ruby Linda.... let us know as soon as possible.....

Karlin
30th March 2006, 10:57 AM
Oh the waiting will be so hard, but I am glad mom and pups are safe. I'd take one of those B&Ts... :) The mother is really a beuatiful dog. We'll all have fingers crossed for you, Linda. icon_crssedfingers

Julie
30th March 2006, 11:32 AM
icon_crssedfingers icon_crssedfingers icon_crssedfingers icon_crssedfingers icon_crssedfingers icon_crssedfingers

I'm glad the mother is ok and I really hope you get your little ruby boy.

Linda
30th March 2006, 01:40 PM
Regards,

Gillian:

My breeder owns both of the Mom and Dad, and she does not want one,
Lady lives with a very close friend of hers and has raised her.
She originally wanted a female B/T as she wants to show and breed.
My breeder said she will wait for the next litter, so I just have to wait
to see what her Guardian is going to do.

Linda
30th March 2006, 01:43 PM
Oh the waiting will be so hard, but I am glad mom and pups are safe. I'd take one of those B&Ts... :) The mother is really a beuatiful dog. We'll all have fingers crossed for you, Linda. icon_crssedfingers

Karlin:

In your very knowledgeable background, can you please answer a
question for me.

Would it be at all risky to keep a male from the litter of your children in the same house.
Just thinking that that may cause a accident, although I am positive that
good breeders seperate them when the time comes.

What a day yesterday, and now I still don't know, I know when we go
to see them I will melt anyway.

Karlin
30th March 2006, 04:12 PM
No, no issues aside from the usual precautions; remember Bruce is keeping a male from his current litter. Bruce can answer better than me!

WoodHaven
30th March 2006, 04:34 PM
Regards,

Never!! :lol: I would never give up pick of litter for a stud fee. Especially in this breed. Sandy

Gillian
30th March 2006, 05:22 PM
In fact when we got Kayla our breeder , who owned the male, Gave us pick of the litter. As it was his due and he wanted to sell it anyway. So we got to choose. I thought that was nice.
She turned out beautiful and has the most wonderful nature. the breeder did help us choose.

Bruce H
30th March 2006, 07:16 PM

Karlin:

question for me.

Would it be at all risky to keep a male from the litter of your children in the same house.

We wouldn't think twice about keeping a male with offspring in the house, but then we are used to dealing with keeping the boys and girls separated. In fact, even when we are breeding a pair in our house, we keep them separated, except when the actual "deed" is being done. Breeding is a very structured thing.

Linda
30th March 2006, 07:28 PM

Karlin:

question for me.

We wouldn't think twice about keeping a male with offspring in the house, but then we are used to dealing with keeping the boys and girls separated. In fact, even when we are breeding a pair in our house, we keep them separated, except when the actual "deed" is being done. Breeding is a very structured thing.

Bruce:

If you were just starting out would you feel the same way, and also
if you are just starting out and actually don't own your own female,
would you keep the only female regardless of the things breeders look for.
Sorry I am just trying to weigh out my chances of getting that little
Ruby Boy.
Like I said, Lady is owned by my breeder but resides with someone else
who was looking to start showing and breeding. So with only one female being born what would you do. ????

Bruce I truly appreciate your opinion on this, I do not want to bother my
breeder for a while as I am sure she is very tired after the trauma
yesterday even although all is well now.

WoodHaven
30th March 2006, 07:35 PM
Yes, I agree with Bruce. Breedings aren't only carefully planned, they are carefully orchestrated. There is a lot more too it than leaving a dog and a bitch together. Sandy

Karlin
31st March 2006, 01:43 AM
Linda, if she is looking to breed/show she will base her decision on the best prospect in the litter. The choice will likely come down to how each stacks up as a show potential. I doubt she will go by colour or sex alone unless she has a particular sex in mind and even then the one with the most potential will probably top her list regardless of sex, if she is just starting out.

Linda
31st March 2006, 05:13 AM
Well I was lucky and my breeder emailed me this picture of the puppies
tonight. I just wanted to share.
Hopefully that little Ruby boy to the right will come home with me, if not
I will be most likely taking one of the Black and Tans.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Puppies.jpg

judy
31st March 2006, 06:35 AM
thanks for the great photo. She doesn't look too bad for having a C section (ouch). she does look kind of wiped out though. The puppies already have nice looking coats. I hope you get your ruby boy. If not, you'll no doubt have a black and tan you adore, and you and your husband will both be saying it was meant to be. :)

Forest
31st March 2006, 09:34 AM
Oh Linda, they all look beautiful. Such little chubby bubbies and so shiny. I think that the breeder has put "your" little boy aside so you can see him better :D Thanks for sharing and how nice of your breeder to send them too.
Julie and the girls

Julie
31st March 2006, 10:06 AM
oh that is a lovely picture of mum and her babies. Mum does look understandably wiped out bless her. paws and everything crossed you get that sweet little ruby. :D

Bruce H
31st March 2006, 01:10 PM
Linda, that is a beautiful looking litter. Regardless of what happens, I'd say you are going to get a beautiful puppy.

When Kris and I were starting out, our third dog was a male. We were nervous about it, but we had a great mentor and she really helped us through dealing with the first few seasons and our boys "antics". Based on everything you have said on this and the other board, and if I were a betting man, I would put my money on you getting the ruby. BUT, who knows what the other person has in mind.

Just try to relax a bit and try not to try to guess what another person might do (easy to say, I know!); we don't want to hear about you giving yourself a nervous breakdown :lol: Just know that whatever happens, you are going to get a very beautiful puppy.

Linda
31st March 2006, 01:29 PM
Linda, that is a beautiful looking litter. Regardless of what happens, I'd say you are going to get a beautiful puppy.

When Kris and I were starting out, our third dog was a male. We were nervous about it, but we had a great mentor and she really helped us through dealing with the first few seasons and our boys "antics". Based on everything you have said on this and the other board, and if I were a betting man, I would put my money on you getting the ruby. BUT, who knows what the other person has in mind.

Just try to relax a bit and try not to try to guess what another person might do (easy to say, I know!); we don't want to hear about you giving yourself a nervous breakdown :lol: Just know that whatever happens, you are going to get a very beautiful puppy.

Thank you Bruce

But you know, I am a big softie, and pretty emotional as you can tell by my posts. I feel like I have waited over 2 years for this puppy and
I will be very sad if I don't get him. Although the Black and Tans are
just as beautiful, my husband is standing his ground and is saying if
we don't get the Ruby then we will wait. :cry: :cry:
I know I should not be tearing myself up like this, but I cannot think of
anything else, deep inside I do feel I will get him but you just never know.
I value you opinion so much, and truly appreciate your support.
Believe me it is very hard to sleep, I am tossing and turning although
last night I did manage to get a few hours sleep.

Taking deep breaths.

Bruce when do you usually decide on whether a puppy is show quality
I thought it wasn't until they were around 6 to 8 wks. Can you tell
earlier than that. I hate to ask all these questions to my breeder, as
she knows how long I have waited but on the other hand she has to
give the Guardian I guess we can call her the pup of her choice.

Roxanne
31st March 2006, 02:31 PM
Awwww you are a softie !

I dont blame your dh one bit ! ALL colors are beautiful, but everyone has their preferences and I think you should get what you want . Its not like this is the only and last Ruby on earth ! I DO think that he will be yours !!! BUT , if not , get what you want ! You deserve it ;)

judy
31st March 2006, 04:58 PM
Although the Black and Tans are

Oh--I misunderstood your first post where you said your husband said "if it's meant to be...." I thought he meant if you're meant to get a ruby you will, if not, you'll get whatever. So, that's different--oh i so hope you get your ruby boy. Two years waiting!!!!

I have heard people say you choose a breeder rather than choosing a dog. It sounds like that is your situation, since theoretically you could get a ruby cavalier elsewhere. I was told when i was looking for Zack that i might have to wait a long time to find a puppy from the right breeder, but that it was worth it and that was what i was strongly advised to do by one person in particular. Being new to purebred dogs, having only had mutt dogs before, and not having had a dog in 26 years, i ended up not heeding that advice. It wouldn't have been realistic for me to wait two years, and that was what was being suggested, if needed. And having contacted quite a few reputable breeders without success, i could see that it could easily take that long. But people who already have cavaliers and especially who already have a relationship with a breeder are in a different position. I can really see how you would wait if you have to.

I hope the other person comes to a quick decision, and that it's the right one!!

Linda
31st March 2006, 05:12 PM
Although the Black and Tans are

Oh--I misunderstood your first post where you said your husband said "if it's meant to be...." I thought he meant if you're meant to get a ruby you will, if not, you'll get whatever. So, that's different--oh i so hope you get your ruby boy. Two years waiting!!!!

I have heard people say you choose a breeder rather than choosing a dog. It sounds like that is your situation, since theoretically you could get a ruby cavalier elsewhere. I was told when i was looking for Zack that i might have to wait a long time to find a puppy from the right breeder, but that it was worth it and that was what i was strongly advised to do by one person in particular. Being new to purebred dogs, having only had mutt dogs before, and not having had a dog in 26 years, i ended up not heeding that advice. It wouldn't have been realistic for me to wait two years, and that was what was being suggested, if needed. And having contacted quite a few reputable breeders without success, i could see that it could easily take that long. But people who already have cavaliers and especially who already have a relationship with a breeder are in a different position. I can really see how you would wait if you have to.

I hope the other person comes to a quick decision, and that it's the right one!!

Hi Judy

Nope, no quick decisons coming at all.
I called her this morning, and she told me I will just have to wait and see and that will not be until 6 weeks of age at least.
As they usually take the best puppy regardless of the sex.
Let's hope he is not that puppy, I will not even be able to go and see him
until the middle of May.
But if she is taking him then I will not be going at all, she did say that
Lady's sister just delivered a female Ruby but her owner wants to keep
her also but if she changes her mind she will let me know she is already 3 weeks old. If not she will check to see if anybody else has a Ruby.
So I have a very very looooooooooooong 6 WEEKS ahead of me.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nicki
31st March 2006, 05:40 PM
Just PM'd you sweetie.

I'm so sorry there is all this sadness and confusion at what should be such a happy time. :( :cry:

Generally people new to showing and breeding do start with bitches, but you can't 2nd guess what she will do.

It's very hard, but if he's meant to be yours, he will be...I know you have a long wait, but we're all with you, sending you lots of positive thoughts and big ((((hugs)))).

The boys will put their paws together at bedtime for prayers for you too.

The Mom is just beautiful, and I love the photo of the puppies, they look a super litter.

Everything crossed here xxxx

Forest
1st April 2006, 01:46 AM
Oh Linda, my heart goes out to you... waiting is so painful especially if you are not sure of a favourable outcome. I am with your dh and would not settle for one of the b&ts, as beautiful as they are as your heart longs for a little ruby. I hope and pray that this will all work out for you. Keep us posted on any updates.
Julie and the girls

Linda
1st April 2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks Nikki & Julie

I am not feeling as excited as I was, I guess if it was meant to be it will
happen. My boys would love a black and tan, I think my husband may
give as he see's how upset I am but I think his next preference would
be a Tri.
Please keep all paws and fingers crossed for me, I will update with
photo's when I receive them.
I know that if I don't get a ruby now I will one day.
Maybe when I retire, I will have one of each.

Claire
3rd April 2006, 03:39 PM
Linda, I can't believe that they can do this to you - is there no way you can speak to the woman that is going to pick........ I am thinking of you.
(((((hugs))))))) from me and my boys.

Linda
3rd April 2006, 03:46 PM
Linda, I can't believe that they can do this to you - is there no way you can speak to the woman that is going to pick........ I am thinking of you.
(((((hugs))))))) from me and my boys.

Claire:

I surely wish I could, I tried on Friday talking to my breeder she will
not give me any sort of idea at all.
I hate this torture, although I am going to start checking out other
breeders just in case. I would prefer to stay with my breeder, but this not knowing is not good for me.
I don't even know the lady who is going to pick, Lady's Guardian and I
cannot even go see them until the middle of May.
My hubby truly believes if it were meant to be it will happen.
I really appreciate everyone's caring and understanding, I often wonder
if I am a mush ball and I should not be getting this upset over this.

jennapea
4th April 2006, 04:26 AM
Linda!!!! The pics of the pups and mum are beautiful! Can't wait to see more! I just know you'll get the ruby. Sorry it's taken me until now to see them. I had a terrible weekend. Side swiped my car on a pole Saturday, daughter has been sick since yesterday afternoon, plus other things. I am so glad I jumped on before going to bed to see the precious babies! Still keeping my fingers crossed for you. Only 5 more weeks til hopefully you get the good news!!!! icon_crssedfingers

Linda
5th April 2006, 04:15 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Oh I am so Happy, my breeder just called me this morning to inform me
that my boy is mine all mine.
I am so happy, she did not want to take any chances having a son
living in the same house as the mother.
She spoke in great length with the guardian last night and they came to
the decision.
I was about to go see another Ruby this wkd who's breeder was also
undecided he was keeping the female but also wants to keep a male
which would of been either a b/t or the ruby.

Now I don't have to go, Oh how can I thank all you who have had
nothing but good thoughts for me and prayers.

I am so happy, I am shaking.
She will send some pictures when she gets some. icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Karlin
5th April 2006, 04:46 PM
icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Today is officially RUBY LINDA DAY!!!

Oh I am SO delighted for you -- hope you and hubby go out and celebrate!! Can;t wait for the pictures!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Claire
5th April 2006, 04:47 PM
Yipppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee, that's great news I am so very happy for you..... come on the rubies (and the tri's and the blenhiems and the black and tans)............... icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Nicki
5th April 2006, 05:50 PM
We're all so excited we're shaking too :lol:

Just so thrilled for you Lulu, the positive thoughts worked - THAT RUBY BOY IS MINE!!!!

And you're NOT a mush ball, just a caring loving person, who deserves the best puppy in the universe, and will be getting him in a few weeks time icon_banana

Now you can have a great celebration for Derrick's birthday tomorrow, as you will all be on a high anyway.

BIG, HAPPY ((((HUGS)))) from us all, and a special one from TedBear who's promised not to try to be too jealous that a certain wee ruby might take his place in your heart :lol: :lol:

Linda
5th April 2006, 08:08 PM
We're all so excited we're shaking too :lol:

Just so thrilled for you Lulu, the positive thoughts worked - THAT RUBY BOY IS MINE!!!!

And you're NOT a mush ball, just a caring loving person, who deserves the best puppy in the universe, and will be getting him in a few weeks time icon_banana

Now you can have a great celebration for Derrick's birthday tomorrow, as you will all be on a high anyway.

BIG, HAPPY ((((HUGS)))) from us all, and a special one from TedBear who's promised not to try to be too jealous that a certain wee ruby might take his place in your heart :lol: :lol:

Oh Nikki
I am so happy, and Thank Everyone who had Happy thoughts for me
Tell Tedbear he will always have a special place in my heart I am getting
him and my boy matching harnesses from Roxanne.
I need you to measure him so it will be the right size.
Tedbear was my inspiration and he should have the same Harness as his
wee cousin.
Of course Dudley is going to have to get one too.
Check out her website www.tiabellas.com look under Harness and
tell me what size you want he is of course getting YELLOW like his
wee cousin and I think Dudley will be getting YlW or Lime Green.
Let me know
I will Pm you later icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Linda
5th April 2006, 08:10 PM
icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Today is officially RUBY LINDA DAY!!!

Oh I am SO delighted for you -- hope you and hubby go out and celebrate!! Can;t wait for the pictures!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Karlin & Claire

Thank you so much, I am so happy.
My agony is over, I hope to one day own one of each but for now we
all have our preferences.
Karlin: I can't wait for pictures either, but unaware to me my breeder
is dealing with 3 litters right now.
So it isn't any wonder she is so tired.
We will definetely be celebrating.

rory
5th April 2006, 09:51 PM
Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful news! :D :D :D

Roxanne
6th April 2006, 04:04 AM
Whooooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooooooo !!!!! OH HAPPY HAPPY DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am just so thrilled for you Linda !! You deserve every bit of the happiness you have had today !

Grow Ruby puppy Grow icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

Forest
6th April 2006, 08:35 AM
WOW!!!! :shock: :o :o What a great day for you and your family to finally know that you will be getting your baby ruby boy!. Isn't it great when things work out. I had stopped getting excited as I didn't want to feel the disappointment if it hadn't worked out but now can get excited all over again for you. Oh it is just so wonderful for you! I told you she put him on the side there so you could see your baby better!!! :D Enjoy this wait ...it will have a wonderful outcome!
btw I like the names Darcy and Declan :)

judy
7th April 2006, 05:55 AM
What wonderful news! I'm so glad the decision was made and that it was made sooner rather than later--he is a much wanted puppy. looking forward to hearing about his life!

Angela
7th April 2006, 09:46 AM
I have just been reading through this whole post and from what i can see no one deserved their little Ruby more than you. I am thrilled for you to say the least. His mum is an absolute stunner. Good luck with him and i cant wait to see some pictures. :D

Linda
9th April 2006, 01:31 PM
[b]Here is a picture I just received this morning from my breeder puppy was 1 week old.
I love his colouring, he looks like he is going to have the same gorgeous rich red colouring as his mommy.
Hopefully next time I will get to see his face.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/LadyPuppies1week.jpg

Forest
9th April 2006, 01:35 PM
Ohhh he is so cute. What a lovely litter! :)
Julie and the girls

Nicki
9th April 2006, 03:50 PM
They really do look super Lulu - can't wait to see the faces too!!

Should be opening their eyes soon - that's always magical :D

And I think Mom is just beautiful!!

judy
9th April 2006, 05:27 PM
look how he got first place in line at the feed table. that boy's going to go far. great picture, thanks. i'm sure you're in store for one gorgeous dog and an adorable puppy. i'm so happy for you.

Bruce H
9th April 2006, 06:04 PM
I love the way puppies tails stand up when they nurse. Seems like the more vigorously they nurse, the higher the tails go. And yours is elevated the highest! To me that's a sign of a very healthy puppy.

Push hard, push very hard, for pictures of the face, especially when the eyes open.

Linda
9th April 2006, 07:01 PM
I love the way puppies tails stand up when they nurse. Seems like the more vigorously they nurse, the higher the tails go. And yours is elevated the highest! To me that's a sign of a very healthy puppy.

Push hard, push very hard, for pictures of the face, especially when the eyes open.

Thanks Bruce, Roxanne scared the living day lights out of me she emailed me and asked me where his tail was.
I almost fainted I thought oh my God he doesn't have a tail.

I am already pushing for pics, but Nikki said the eyes should be opening
soon. Then I will be all over her before she leaves for her holidays
I want a picture of his face.
I said I love his bottom but I would love to see his face too.

Roxanne
9th April 2006, 08:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didnt mean to scare you !!! I knew it had to be there !! I just couldnt see it at all ! i thought it was UNDER him .......now that Bruce pointed that out its sticking up like a antenae !!! lol lol :lol: :lol:

Karlin
9th April 2006, 11:11 PM
It is llike an antenna!! :lol: I also love his fat puppy belly; he is full of milk, the little guzzler.

Linda
9th April 2006, 11:40 PM
It is llike an antenna!! :lol: I also love his fat puppy belly; he is full of milk, the little guzzler.

Thank Goodness he has a tail. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After all the agony I have endured emotionally for this little boy I think
I would of died. icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes

Karlin, he is quite the little guzzler isn't he.
He had best leave some of that milk for that little black and tan
2nd from the right that one looks kind of small.

Claire
10th April 2006, 11:53 AM
What a lovely litter, what a little fatty... :lol:

Linda
10th April 2006, 03:14 PM
What a lovely litter, what a little fatty... :lol:

I know Claire, he must love that milk.
That is a good sign, Dudley is such a fussy eater so maybe this
little guy will not be so fussy.
We'll I defintely have learned from Dudley let me tell you and I will
not give in this time around as much as I did with Sir Dudley.

Oh I can't wait.
I already made the appointment with the Vet. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Claire
10th April 2006, 03:34 PM
I get more excited about the stuff my dogs do then my nieces and nephews...... what a wicked Aunty I am.... ha ha. Busta is still a fussy eater but luckily Ozzy can eat just as fast as Woody.

joanna
10th April 2006, 04:53 PM
Oooh he's gorgeous. I love puppy milky bellies. Our Daisy Boo is really fussy too. Twinkle is a hoover. Her new trick is to run into the living room to hoover a mouthful of Daisy Boo's dinner before she is inevitably caught and put back in the kitchen where her own dinner is waiting for her. I swear she breaks the sound barrier when she runs :lol:

Karlin
10th April 2006, 04:59 PM

I will make you a bet right now that all that fussiness Mr Dudley may have shown up til now is about to disappear right out the window. Nothing ends a spate of food fussiness faster than competition. It is amazing how the prospect of another cavalier just waiting in the wings to eat what you apparently don't want turns those Mr (and Ms) Fussies right into champion eaters... :roll:

Jen
10th April 2006, 05:48 PM
What a fatty is right! :lol: He looks like he'd pop if you'd touch him :lol:

Linda
10th April 2006, 07:05 PM
What a fatty is right! :lol: He looks like he'd pop if you'd touch him :lol:

I know, he is really into it.
Best not touch him after all this waiting I would die if anything happened to him. icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes

He might burst. :o :o :o :o :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D

Linda
10th April 2006, 07:09 PM

I will make you a bet right now that all that fussiness Mr Dudley may have shown up til now is about to disappear right out the window. Nothing ends a spate of food fussiness faster than competition. It is amazing how the prospect of another cavalier just waiting in the wings to eat what you apparently don't want turns those Mr (and Ms) Fussies right into champion eaters... :roll:

Karlin: I sure hope you are right, as this little bugger is still giving me
problems. He is always holding out for those chicken necks.

Stubborn boy, he had best not teach his brother those tricks.
Like you said maybe his brother well not literally his brother but
you know what I mean will teach him a thing or too.
They will be eating different food for a little while until I can
transition the pup over.
Have to find out more about that as he grows.
So do you think I am nuts making a Vet appointment already. icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes

Nicki
10th April 2006, 10:41 PM
What do you mean "think" you're nuts, we KNOW you are :lol: :lol: :lol: icon_banana icon_banana but we love you anyway icon_heartthrob icon_heartthrob

I always think it's best to be organised...and at least you won't forget to book it in all the excitement!!

I'm not going to say anything about competition and eating...just leave it that Rupert is the biggest foodie and food stealer going, and TedBear STILL doesn't eat :)

but that's our boy!!

Linda
12th April 2006, 08:32 PM
My long awaited Ruby Puppy's official call name will be

DARBY

Hubby got to pick the name, and would not budge or even consider any other names. So I thought I may as well make it official.
Now I want some pictures. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Heritage Cavaliers
12th April 2006, 08:59 PM
Congrats on your BEAUTIFUL new Boy!! How wonderful - I am so happy all worked out well with your breeder - I guess it was meant to be :)

Linda
12th April 2006, 09:01 PM
Congrats on your BEAUTIFUL new Boy!! How wonderful - I am so happy all worked out well with your breeder - I guess it was meant to be :)

Janet
What I would do to have the pictures that you took.
I just love them I would frame them, the are so precious.
I wish I could have a picture like that, any hints on me begging for one. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Nicki
14th April 2006, 08:31 PM
Glad it's finally decided Linda, even if not your choice :( but it does go nicely with Dudley.

Oh Janet your avatar is just gorgeous :D

Linda
14th April 2006, 11:17 PM
Glad it's finally decided Linda, even if not your choice :( but it does go nicely with Dudley.

Oh Janet your avatar is just gorgeous :D

That's okay honey, I like the name too. :wggle:

My breeder just emailed me and said she has asked for pictures
so I am so happy maybe I will get to see him soon.
His eyes just opened this week.
Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me a picture.

:luv:

Janet: Between you and Kendall I don't know who takes the best pictures
did you share those pictures with your puppies new families ???

Karlin
14th April 2006, 11:26 PM
:eek: Sorry some of the emoticons have gone off various people's posts. I was just cleaning up some duplicate smilies (ie deleting them) and some had their 'names' changed so now they don;t show in old posts but I am sure you will all agree that :rah: is worth the inconvenience... :lol:

Linda
14th April 2006, 11:31 PM
:eek: Sorry some of the emoticons have gone off various people's posts. I was just cleaning up some duplicate smilies (ie deleting them) and some had their 'names' changed so now they don;t show in old posts but I am sure you will all agree that :rah: is worth the inconvenience... :lol:

Karlin:

You amaze me, always trying to make everything better for all of us.
Do I dare post my mug shot this wkd.
You are so on top of things, I think you are the best :thnx: :thnx:
Couldn't agree more.

Karlin
15th April 2006, 12:22 AM
:lol: Not at all I just spend way too much time on the computer. icon_whistling

When I should be :v*cuum: the dog and cat hair...

rory
15th April 2006, 01:26 AM
Linda - I hope you get pictures soon!!! :D Keep us posted! :D

Linda
15th April 2006, 02:26 AM
Linda - I hope you get pictures soon!!! :D Keep us posted! :D

Kendall
I received an email today from my breeder, poor thing she is still sick.
But she told me she has requested pictures herself and as soon as she
gets them she will forward them.

I mentioned that it would be nice if the Easter Bunny could send them. :w*w:

Karlin: I see you have added even more, get to that :v*cuum:

rory
15th April 2006, 03:28 AM
yay! i'll be checking the board this weekend for updates! :D

Karlin
15th April 2006, 11:50 AM
Yes, there's a nice gallery now.

I figured this fellow needed a partner, for example:

b*n*n* :*nana:

And the smiley with a vacuum was just too funny (and appropriate for all the dog hair... h*lp

And for the arrival of new puppies:

:w**h**:

Roxanne
15th April 2006, 01:21 PM
oooooooooohhhhhhhh I LOVE the new smileys !!!

cant wait for Darby pics !!! :*nana:

Linda
15th April 2006, 02:01 PM
We'll I got a picture of my little sweetie, sorry folks it is a bit blurry she
will send more a bit later.
But as you all know I am just a wee bit excited so I had to share with
by buddies.

Introducing Sir Darby with his eyes open.
He is 2 1/2 weeks old. :w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**: :w**h**:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby.jpg

I tried to fix it up but it is still a bit blurry. :sl*p:

nlg679
15th April 2006, 02:02 PM
Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky Darby! Lucky YOU!

Nancy
NJ

Gillian
15th April 2006, 02:18 PM
Sooo Cute!!! :thmbsup:

JaneB
15th April 2006, 03:58 PM
What a beauty! He was certainly worth the wait, wasn't he? Now you just have to get through the next 6-8 weeks - I'm sure the time will drag for you but before you know it :lotsaluv: Hang in there and keep the pics coming :snap: so we can watch him grow!

JaneB

Karlin
15th April 2006, 04:37 PM
Oh he is really beautiful! The wait will seem sooooooo loooooong... :)

rory
15th April 2006, 04:47 PM
OH, he's adorable! :D :D :D :jump: :lotsaluv: :luv:

Karlin
15th April 2006, 04:57 PM
Hmmmm I can see some favourites emerging from the new smilies too. I love those green jumpers; they just make me laugh. Also the multicolour hearts is nice. Some are just in there to make people smile when they look at the smilies -- like

:mona:

and

:mexwav:

rory
15th April 2006, 05:46 PM
Hmmmm I can see some favourites emerging from the new smilies too. I love those green jumpers; they just make me laugh. Also the multicolour hearts is nice. Some are just in there to make people smile when they look at the smilies -- like

:mona:

and

:mexwav:

:lol: I was wondering what the mona lisa one was!!! :fool:

yup, the jumpers are my new fav. ;)

Linda
15th April 2006, 07:16 PM
Oh he is really beautiful! The wait will seem sooooooo loooooong... :)

Thanks Karlin, I think he has a wonderful colour although it is blurry.
Will try and pester for a better picture.

These smiles are amazing.
Will post my mug shot later on.

Jo B
15th April 2006, 07:52 PM
:w*w: Ive missed loads

Congrats Linda Im glad you got your wish of a Ruby b*n*n*

Linda
22nd April 2006, 03:34 AM
We'll I got a few pictures the other day and wanted to share them with everyone.
Here is Darby at 3 weeks he sure is breaking my heart.
I just love him to pieces. :rah: :wggle: :wggle: :wggle: :rah:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby3wks.jpg

I sure am excited, counting the days a little more than 4 1/2 weeks for homecoming and visiting a little less than 3 weeks.
Nope I am not anxious :lotsaluv: :mexwav:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby13wks.jpg

Forest
23rd April 2006, 11:35 AM
He is just so adorable Linda with his tiny white toes!! :D
Julie and the girls

Linda
2nd May 2006, 03:23 AM
A few updated pictures of my baby boy.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby14wks.jpg

Wow did you say something about my buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum, my mom
said it is lovely.
25 more Days till he comes HOME :w**h**: :drivecar: :w**h**:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby4wks.jpg

Nicki
2nd May 2006, 07:40 AM
He is so GORGEOUS Lulu - changed so much in a short time already!

He is going to have a stunning head...I think he's really lovely.

Can't wait for you to go and see him...but I guess you can't either LOL not long to go...

Bruce H
2nd May 2006, 10:31 AM
He's looking really good; nice and plump and healthy looking! I think you have a winner. Now just a few more weeks and you will have him all to yourself.

jo
2nd May 2006, 10:48 AM
Gorgeous!!!! :l*v:

He looks like he's been first in the queue for milk from his mum!! A good chunky strong boy. Not long now........... :mexwav:

Jo
Maisie (ruby)

Claire
2nd May 2006, 12:21 PM
It only seems like yesterday that Ozzy was a small bundle of fur and fat (and coated with his food when we went to see him) - I can't believe how fast they grow......

Julie
2nd May 2006, 04:51 PM
He is so cute!

Jen
2nd May 2006, 04:59 PM
His color is great, what a cutie! :)

Linda
2nd May 2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks everybody for the support through this seems like forever
wait.
Not much longer though, I hope to go see him next week sometime.

Wondering if I should take Dudley, my hubby said Dudley must come.

The worst he will do is mark, what do you all think ?????
I was anxious to see how he would be next to him and plus if we
go on the Saturday we will be heading to the Caravan afterward.

He does look like he was in the queue before the others, but we
haven't seen them for a while.
I will get some pics when I go.

joanna
2nd May 2006, 07:24 PM
He's absolutely gorgeous. He reminds me of Daisy Boo when we first saw her. I think it's a good idea to bring Dudley - we didn't bring Daisy Boo when we went to meet Twinkle and we wondered why we hadn't afterwards. When we brought Twinkle home we got Kelvin's sister to carry her into the house so Daisy Boo would blame her instead of us - that seemed to work well so you might think of doing something like that.

Bruce H
2nd May 2006, 07:51 PM
I would definately bring Dudley if the breeder will allow it. Bring him every time you go to visit so the puppy gets used to seeing Dudley and remembers his smell when puppy goes home with you. Again, be sure it's OK with the breeder first.

Linda
3rd May 2006, 01:24 AM
I would definately bring Dudley if the breeder will allow it. Bring him every time you go to visit so the puppy gets used to seeing Dudley and remembers his smell when puppy goes home with you. Again, be sure it's OK with the breeder first.

Bruce

What about when Darby has to come home, should we leave Dudley at
home. ??????
We were planning on bringing him not sure what to do.
I will speak with my breeder next week to see what her thoughts are as well.
She said we can bring him when we come to visit, a friend of mine
took his cavalier when he went to pick up his next one.

Forest
3rd May 2006, 01:55 PM
Oh he is such a little treasure Linda!!! It is gettting so exciting waiting for his homecoming. :D
Julie and the girls

Linda
3rd May 2006, 08:13 PM
Here is my boy at 5 weeks old.
He is just so tiny, I am starting to get so excited.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby5wks1.jpg[b]

judy
3rd May 2006, 11:12 PM
oh MY gosh he is soooo cute. he has his mother's little mouth and her eyes.
beautiful!

floĆ­nn
4th May 2006, 12:53 AM
:hug: congratulations linda darby is a beauty

Forest
4th May 2006, 12:13 PM
Oh he is growing.....such a little cutie.
Julie and the girls

Claire
4th May 2006, 12:17 PM
Just look at the face - saying I will have Dudley, Mum and Dad under my paw!!!!!

Linda
15th May 2006, 05:33 AM
We'll I had the best weekend ever, I got to finally see by little boy in person. He is just so sweet and spunky, he never
sits still squirmy little fellow almost dropped him. He is the smallest
puppy right now, and if you remember a while back he was sucking
mommy's milk so much he looked like he was ready to explode.

Here are a few pictures I took, and my poor poor Dudley was so so
stressed he was drooling so badly.
I felt so badly for him, I am not going to take him when I go to pick Darby up. He wanted nothing to do with him, but it was overwhelming
with the 4 puppies and 3 other cavaliers for him.

My baby and his siblings along with Mommy and Daddy are being
photographed by a representitive from Browntrout for the 2008 Calendar,
my breeder presently has 5 or 6 of her cavaliers in many of this years
calendars.

Here is my little sweetheart.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby3.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby6.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby7.jpg
I am not the least bit shy :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby9.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/Darby10.jpg
Darby and Daddy

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/DarbyMommy.jpg
Darby and Mommy

judy
15th May 2006, 06:15 AM
aw--he is adorable. i love that face. He looks quite pudgy, not too pudgy, just robust, healthy. i wouldn't guess he is small. his coat is so beautiful.

jo
15th May 2006, 08:25 AM
:lotsaluv: :hug: :lotsaluv:

He is sooooooo adorable Linda. He looks big considering he's the smallest out of the litter. Not long now!!!! :jump:

Jo
Maisie (ruby)

Claire
15th May 2006, 12:49 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH he is lovely - such a cutie...

sarahg
15th May 2006, 06:40 PM
:w*w: He is so gorgeous, Congratulations Linda

Jen
15th May 2006, 06:43 PM
He's so cute, love his rich coloring!!

Linda
16th May 2006, 12:39 AM
Thank you everybody, this sure seems like it has been a very very long road for me. :d*g:
I would never of gotten through it without you. :thnx:

I just think he is the sweetest, Jen I love his deep coloring too. :lotsaluv:

Pseub
16th May 2006, 02:11 AM
Wow, what a gorgeous pup! cl*p

JaneB
16th May 2006, 03:07 PM
and the countdown continues! Not long now, Linda. He's a doll! ( and he appears to know it.) I know you are sooooooo anxious. tick, tock, tick, tock. . .

JaneB

Karlin
16th May 2006, 03:37 PM
What an adorable, adorable little creature! I love his pink puppy belly. He's getting so grown up now too compared to your first pictures. :) He's still so tiny though! How exciting that the time is ticking down closer and closer and CLOSER... :w*w:

Nicki
16th May 2006, 09:06 PM
Lulu he is just the sweetest little fellow - you are SO lucky!!

So thrilled you finally got to meet him and it looks like you fell in love with each other :l*v:

I just love that 3rd photo down...what a cutie!! and not at all camera shy then

Can't wait for you to bring him home...won't be long now....

Forest
17th May 2006, 04:04 AM
Ohhhhhhhhh!!!! So very, very sweet a little boy is Darby. He is also very photogenic!!! I bet you had a wonderful time meeting him. What did your boys think? I love that picture with you holding him close to you- I bet you had to be careful not to squeeze him to bits.
I'm sure that Dudley will be fine once everything settles down. My Lottie is a big drooler under stress but she coped OK when Sophie came home.
Won't be long now Linda!!! :D
Julie and the girls

Alison_Leighfield
17th May 2006, 09:12 PM
Which ever one you are lucky enough to bring home remember you have a little gift from heaven.

Bless mum, she looks wiped out.

Hope everything works out just as you wish, enjoy!

Alison, wilts, UK.