PDA

View Full Version : New colours: Sorry to scare all of you!

Karlin
9th April 2006, 02:04 AM
I am playing around with the templates for the forum. icon_yikes

I wanted to get something that wasn't blue and instead, picked up the cavalier colours. Still fiddling with it! Expect little changes here and there.

:lol:

Nicki
9th April 2006, 12:29 PM
Phew thank goodness, thought it was my eyesight :lol: :lol:

Love the new Cavalier colours - TedBear is most impressed!!

Bruce H
9th April 2006, 01:21 PM
So we should "Expect the Unexpected"? :D

It's really kind of fun to see changes now and then. I just can't figure out where you find the time to do all this. You must be one busy woman, to do all this AND hold down a job.

Karlin
9th April 2006, 01:37 PM
Bruce, I am looking for a tech millionaire to fund my idiosyncracies... :lol:

I can vaguely claim that doing this furthers my career. It is useful to understand the fragments of programming that go into this (and perhaps sadly, I find it interesting and challenging... :o ).

Running (and participating in!) boards can be a bit addictive as I'm sure some of you know. Fun to create a space for a community then watch it develop. The nice thing about running a board yourself is that you can make it look the way you'd like. It has taken me a long tim to figure out how colour changes work and other elements. If anyone was on the board last night they'd have seen it keep changing colours over about a two hour period as I experimented. :lol:

Basically I like the simple design of the phpbb default template and too many board design styles that I looked at are really fussy and complex. But I didn't like the blue default colours. So overall the board won't change much; I just wanted to colour coordinate more to our dogs. :)

Maxwell&me
9th April 2006, 05:16 PM
Im one of those people who hates change....even furnature being moved can toss me in a tizzy...I LOVE the new colors...very sharp and professional!

rory
9th April 2006, 07:20 PM
I like the red, but the background is still blue. Which seems odd to me.

Karlin
9th April 2006, 10:36 PM
Do you mean the grey of the forum itself? Thoose are three different shades of grey. Kind of a bluey grey though. I tried changing the colours and they were too dark; not quite right. I'm looking at various alternatives. :) I am just doing the bits I can figure out at a time, then leaving them for a while to think about it further. 8)

rory
9th April 2006, 10:59 PM
yea. I guess it's grey. Kinda w/ a bluish tinge, maybe...Or maybe it's just my eyes! :lol:

Ste
9th April 2006, 11:22 PM
I like the colouring, it's nice to have something a bit different icon_banana

Karlin
9th April 2006, 11:30 PM
It is grey but I agree it is a cold steel grey so still looks blue-ish. I am trying a few things -- intention is to get all that off before too long. :)

Claire
10th April 2006, 12:55 PM
Can the new posts (flags in the circle) be a bit brighter, cannot see them to clear.

Karlin
10th April 2006, 01:52 PM
Do you mean the orange flag inside the red circle? I can't increase the colouring of those unfortunately -- they come pre-installed. I might have a look when I get time, and see if I can change the colour or deepen it to make it a better contrast against the red circles.

Claire
10th April 2006, 03:10 PM
Yes, thems the ones I mean - thanks Karlin. icon_banana

Forest
23rd April 2006, 12:27 PM
Thanks Karlin for all of your hard work. I just go with the flow and get the surprises when they come!!! :)
Julie and the girls