• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New colours: Sorry to scare all of you!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I am playing around with the templates for the forum. icon_yikes

I wanted to get something that wasn't blue and instead, picked up the cavalier colours. Still fiddling with it! Expect little changes here and there.

:lol:

Phew thank goodness, thought it was my eyesight :lol: :lol:

Love the new Cavalier colours - TedBear is most impressed!!

So we should "Expect the Unexpected"? :D

It's really kind of fun to see changes now and then. I just can't figure out where you find the time to do all this. You must be one busy woman, to do all this AND hold down a job.

Bruce, I am looking for a tech millionaire to fund my idiosyncracies... :lol:

I can vaguely claim that doing this furthers my career. It is useful to understand the fragments of programming that go into this (and perhaps sadly, I find it interesting and challenging... :eek: ).

Running (and participating in!) boards can be a bit addictive as I'm sure some of you know. Fun to create a space for a community then watch it develop. The nice thing about running a board yourself is that you can make it look the way you'd like. It has taken me a long tim to figure out how colour changes work and other elements. If anyone was on the board last night they'd have seen it keep changing colours over about a two hour period as I experimented. :lol:

Basically I like the simple design of the phpbb default template and too many board design styles that I looked at are really fussy and complex. But I didn't like the blue default colours. So overall the board won't change much; I just wanted to colour coordinate more to our dogs. :)

Im one of those people who hates change....even furnature being moved can toss me in a tizzy...I LOVE the new colors...very sharp and professional!

Do you mean the grey of the forum itself? Thoose are three different shades of grey. Kind of a bluey grey though. I tried changing the colours and they were too dark; not quite right. I'm looking at various alternatives. :) I am just doing the bits I can figure out at a time, then leaving them for a while to think about it further. 8)

yea. I guess it's grey. Kinda w/ a bluish tinge, maybe...Or maybe it's just my eyes! :lol:

I like the colouring, it's nice to have something a bit different icon_banana

It is grey but I agree it is a cold steel grey so still looks blue-ish. I am trying a few things -- intention is to get all that off before too long. :)

Do you mean the orange flag inside the red circle? I can't increase the colouring of those unfortunately -- they come pre-installed. I might have a look when I get time, and see if I can change the colour or deepen it to make it a better contrast against the red circles.

Thanks Karlin for all of your hard work. I just go with the flow and get the surprises when they come!!! :)
Julie and the girls

Back