PDA

View Full Version : RECLAIMED: Senior cavalier thrown in canal needs home

Karlin
28th April 2006, 06:41 PM
:cry*ing: :cry*ing:

Someone threw an older cavalier into one of the Dublin canals today; the warden rescued, and the dog is in Ashton pound. Currently making arrangements to get this dog out and safe; sounds like an old sweetie looking for a retirement home. No further information at this time; will get a picture and more detail once s/he is asessed.

If anyone wants to let this senior have a happier retirement than this and can offer a loving home, PM me.

Karlin

Jen
28th April 2006, 06:58 PM
What?! :yikes
How sick is that?? :x :x

Karlin
28th April 2006, 07:14 PM
I know. :shock:

This is a male, is very friendly and sweet. Officially he may have to do his five days in the pound as he is classed as a stray -- could be lost or stolen. We are working on getting him out asap; ideally to safety where the pound can contact us if anyone comes looking for him. Otherwise we will get him next week when his five days are up.

GudrunTheRed
28th April 2006, 09:27 PM
Oh good lord...what is the world coming to. Thank goodness he was rescued. I swear...some people have no heart or soul.

Nicki
28th April 2006, 10:52 PM
Oh no how could someone do this :cry*ing: just breaks my heart.

Sending positive thoughts that he can be got out of the pound and will soon find a loving forever home...thanks to everyone involved in his rescue. :flwr:

Karlin
28th April 2006, 11:40 PM
The warden has been contacted; he has said he can come to us after his five days. Fingers crossed this goes smoothly. He is going in to be seen by the vet next to the pound, then all going well will come out to us around Wednesday. :xfngr:

stacey
30th April 2006, 02:30 PM
That is terrible . What kind of people are in this world. :sl*p: I hope it works out for the poor wee thing.

Karlin
1st May 2006, 02:35 PM
This fellow has a murmur (not a surprise as he's an older gent). Getting info from the pound vet but this is almost always very treatable.

Here's his pic:

http://static.flickr.com/52/138222535_3c6b9fd2d1_m.jpg

Mary
1st May 2006, 02:51 PM
What a sweet face though he has the look of "What have I done to deserve this". Hoping for a sweet sweet ending to this very sad story. Hopefully someone will give this sweet old gent a warm loving home.

brid kenny
2nd May 2006, 12:18 AM
Just wondering is there any update on the male cavalier thrown into the canal.
my heart goes out to him.

Karlin
2nd May 2006, 12:46 PM
He was not reclaimed, poor man. The pound just rang a rescue colleague, and I should be collecting him today. We are just arranging a foster; I am going to check with the vet on what his heart situation is. Very likely he just needs the usual tablets for cavalier hearts as they get older.

So he is now officially looking for his retirement home! I will consider a UK home as well, if I can arrange a homecheck and get vet references. :)

Claire
2nd May 2006, 01:10 PM
I hope you find somewhere he deserves, I would love to have him but I don't think it would be fair on him with our three, plus we are out at work for some of the day...... :?

Karlin
2nd May 2006, 01:28 PM
Just spoke to the vet who says this dog was just reclaimed by the owners! Just waiting to confirm this is the case. :xfngr:

Cathy T
2nd May 2006, 04:41 PM
Well that's great news!

GudrunTheRed
2nd May 2006, 05:02 PM
Just spoke to the vet who says this dog was just reclaimed by the owners! Just waiting to confirm this is the case. :xfngr:Did these same owners throw him in the canal? If they were the ones who did it I wouldn't want the poor little guy to go back to them. grrrr....

Karlin
2nd May 2006, 05:19 PM
No I am quite sure they wouldn't have bothered to reclaim; I thought initially someone might have been trying to get rid of him if it were the family. The pound would have talked to them anyway to be sure as they knew his circumstances. To reclaim costs a bit too -- you have to pay a release, a license fee, usually a microchip fee too. So if you didn't want the dog any more you'd hardly try to reclaim. I did have a home for him though! I called to get the vet report after we'd been asked to go collect him today, and was told the owners had just reclaimed, so that's a happy ending. :)

Claire
2nd May 2006, 05:25 PM
I hope that he wasn't stolen by someone and then thrown in the canal, it scares me so much that so many dogs are being stolen at the moment.