PDA

View Full Version : Jaspar's Big Fat Smelly Day Out

Karlin
2nd May 2006, 01:41 PM
During a walk with a friend and her dogs in the Phoenix Park Jaspar went right into his favourite pool of water, now basically a large mud wallow... shortly thereafter he found a nice wet deer pat and rolled in that. Spent the next hour collecting bits of leaves and grass that adhered to the mud and deer poop and his coat generally... then in a final triumphant move, on the way back to the car he found a mound of very dry horse poop and rolled in that, so it all adhered to everything else from his belly and legs down. :roll: :roll: :yuk:

Here he is, delighted with himself:

http://static.flickr.com/56/139020245_0b30ceeab7.jpg

Boy did he stink in the back seat on the way home. Needless to say he went straight into the shower for a thorough bath, and Leo right after.

Does anyone else's dog love to be blow dried? Jaspar always tries to stick himself in front of the stream of air when I am trying to dry Leo -- and positions himself just behind him too, to get the stray blast of warm air! :lol:

Karlin
2nd May 2006, 01:43 PM
BTW he is watching some people race one of those remote controlled toy cars -- he is fascinated by the buzzing sound of those and the remote control airplanes. :p

Jen
2nd May 2006, 02:05 PM
Wow, now that's a dog that knows how to have fun!! :lol:
What a way to indulge--he must have satisfied pretty much every urge he had!! :lol:

Can you imagine if we just let them be all stinky and mud/poop caked??! Really, sometimes I think about what if I just left the them AND the house the way they seem to like it. :shock:

And yes, Abbey loves to the hairdryer! I keep it on warm and use my hand as a buffer, she can't get enough of it. :D

Mary
2nd May 2006, 02:08 PM
Now that looks like one very happy pup!

Claire
2nd May 2006, 02:34 PM
Busta just barks at the hairdryer and the hoover .....

jo
2nd May 2006, 03:30 PM
I had a horse poop "experience" with Maisie the other week, but forgot to take photos when we got home because we were too busy trying to get her in the bath. It makes me laugh how she daintly skips around muddy puddles (my friend says she's a princess who doesn't like to get dirty), and yet will quite happily roll herself in the steaming horse poop! Why do dogs like this?! When I was younger we had dalmatians, and during a walk one of them found a dead rat, covered in maggots and promptly rubbed its neck all over it. :yikes Now that was disgusting. :yuk:
Oh the joys of being an animal lover!!!!

Jo
Maisie (ruby)

joanna
2nd May 2006, 03:41 PM
That is so funny. Jaspar is normally so clean looking! The phoenix park is a wonderful amenity but the deer and horse poop are a pain. We were there at the weekend too and we spent the whole time trying to stop the dogs from eating poop. Disgusting :yuk: I think I'd rather they roll in it!

Claire
2nd May 2006, 04:30 PM
We read that it hids their smell for hunting, can't quite imagine my three hunting, but wolves, etc. do it in order not to be detected by what they are hunting.

Cathy T
2nd May 2006, 04:44 PM
Now that is one dirty dog! And it doesn't seem to bother him one bit.

Jo - you're story about Maisie cracks me up. Oh mud..don't want to step in it...poop...let's roll in it!! What little characters they are.

Jake loves to be blow dried. When I'm drying Shelby he'll just lean into me trying to get in my lap. When it's his turn he curls up in my lap and just lays there loving it.

jeni
2nd May 2006, 06:08 PM
My dog runs and screams :yikes :yikes :yikes when she see's a remote control car. Funniest thing you ever saw, so my son has to hide it from her or she will bark and bark until it is out of sight. icon_whistling She will even bark at the closet door if she knows it is in there. What a chicken!!!

Karlin
2nd May 2006, 06:08 PM
When I was younger we had dalmatians, and during a walk one of them found a dead rat, covered in maggots and promptly rubbed its neck all over it.

:yikes :yikes is right!!

I'm glad some other dogs have blow drying fetishes too. Jaspar went from being afriad of the noise to trying to hog the whole air stream in about two bath experiences... :roll:

Leo is my poop eater -- he likes the soft deer poops and also any form of cat poop, no matter how disgusting. :yuk:

Linda
2nd May 2006, 07:49 PM
:v*cuum:
Oh My he sure is one dirty boy.
Bet he didn't have a care in the world, how did you ever manage the
drive home :eek:

JaneB
2nd May 2006, 09:08 PM
Well done, Jasper!!! 8)

JaneB

Ste
2nd May 2006, 10:00 PM
Dirty Jaspar ! Judging by the foot in the corner of the picture i'm assuming Leo was equally dirty :D

I walked our guys to the Phoenix Park on Friday, an hour and a half trip as it turns out :sl*p: I think we visited 5 different ponds and it took all my powers of persuasion just to get Cody to step into the water, Gavin wouldn't even get a paw wet :D

jo
3rd May 2006, 12:22 AM
While we're on the subject of poop............. :yikes One of my daily jobs is to move my rabbit's run and do a quick pick up of the droppings. Quite a quick and easy task as Dora's a creature of habbit and only ever dirties one corner of the area where she is. It's now become a bit of a race between me and Maisie to see who can get to it first. She can't stop herself, and seems to chew them for ages. I'm not too sure about the nutritional value, but she seems to enjoy the odd one that she gets. :*gh: :v*cuum:

Jo
Maisie (ruby)

Karlin
3rd May 2006, 12:29 AM
Rabbit poops would be nice and chewy I imagine!! :lol:

I am glad so many are finding a use for my favourite smiley, the hoovering lady. :v*cuum:

Jen
3rd May 2006, 03:31 PM
I am glad so many are finding a use for my favourite smiley, the hoovering lady. :v*cuum:

I love her too!! We should really name her. Hooverietta?! :lol:

Claire
3rd May 2006, 03:56 PM
Who was that woman who used to be in Coranation Street (suz spelling) she had the same kind of thing on her head....

Ste
3rd May 2006, 05:33 PM
Hilda Ogden :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/steom/hildao.jpg

Karlin
3rd May 2006, 07:34 PM
:lol: She's the living incarnation of that smiley! better call the smiley Hilda. 8)

Jen
3rd May 2006, 07:49 PM
WoW! :lol:

rory
3rd May 2006, 11:42 PM
Jaspar looks like a Cav ought to look every now and again. :D Love it! I just adore dirty dirty Cavaliers. It shows their true personality. They make look sweet and posh - but deep down (or not so deep down!) they're just mud-lovin' poop-rolling dirty field dogs!! :lol:

Karlin
4th May 2006, 01:46 AM
Yep, Jaspar is a poop-a-holic. But at least he doesn't eat them! :lol:

Forest
4th May 2006, 01:42 PM
And what did Leo think of all this???
Julie and the girls

Jen
4th May 2006, 02:38 PM
Jaspar looks like a Cav ought to look every now and again. :D Love it! I just adore dirty dirty Cavaliers. It shows their true personality. They make look sweet and posh - but deep down (or not so deep down!) they're just mud-lovin' poop-rolling dirty field dogs!! :lol:

That's so true, I feel the same way!! I think everyone assumes Abbey is so prissy, but she is seriously one dirty dog. She loves to get dirty, we just let her, we figure that's what a bath is for. Goose poop is her specialty. She does her best work with that for sure. It's amazing where it can end up. :shock:

Cavalier Mom
4th May 2006, 03:33 PM
Good job, Jaspar! Ya gotta love dogs! Last night at obedience class, I was listening to the instructor and took my eye off of Molly for just a second. When I looked down she was playing with a snake skin! EEEWWWW!! I hate snakes!!!

Prince LOVES the hair dryer. He sits on the grooming table with his chest stuck out, chin in the air and half closed eyes when I dry him. He looks as if he knows he is so deserving of pampering! :roll:

Claire
4th May 2006, 03:57 PM
Told you it looked like Hilda Ogden. Busta is in to rolling in dead stuff - worms, slugs and a field mouse the other day, but the other day I thought let him get on with it, then got a bit nervous when Woody joined it - I walked (well run) to see what it was and it was fox's poo - Woody looked like a tri-colour as it was all over his back and Busta had it all on his harness and back. Got my own back though they had to have a shower..... :yikes

Karlin
4th May 2006, 04:47 PM
The Puppias went in the wash here, too.

Leo is generally too busy eating grass to care what Jaspar is rolling in. :lol:

Claire
4th May 2006, 06:33 PM
The harness went in the shower on Busta, as I couldn't face getting it off - so that smells nice now also. Ozzy is into grass and I keep hearing choking noises...... fraggle.

judy
9th May 2006, 10:22 AM
Goose poop is her specialty...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
LOL! This is a great thread. brings back memories of my dog frank getting into the trash periodically and shredding very used sanitary napkins all over the living room. mmmmm, yum. :yuk: icon_blshing :*gh:

that was a funny story about the remote control car phobia. cl*p

thanks everybody, for contributing.

I guess dogs think humans are strange too.

very funny about jaspar soaking up the hair dryer. i never would've imagined it. i've never used one on zack. he does love his fluffy towel.

shoesncavs
10th May 2006, 03:08 PM
LMAO!!!!! What a silly boy........... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cleopatra
2nd June 2006, 08:03 PM
lol@dirty dog, they seem to love getting mucky