• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jaspar's Big Fat Smelly Day Out

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
During a walk with a friend and her dogs in the Phoenix Park Jaspar went right into his favourite pool of water, now basically a large mud wallow... shortly thereafter he found a nice wet deer pat and rolled in that. Spent the next hour collecting bits of leaves and grass that adhered to the mud and deer poop and his coat generally... then in a final triumphant move, on the way back to the car he found a mound of very dry horse poop and rolled in that, so it all adhered to everything else from his belly and legs down. :roll: :roll: :yuk:

Here he is, delighted with himself:

139020245_0b30ceeab7.jpg

Boy did he stink in the back seat on the way home. Needless to say he went straight into the shower for a thorough bath, and Leo right after.

Does anyone else's dog love to be blow dried? Jaspar always tries to stick himself in front of the stream of air when I am trying to dry Leo -- and positions himself just behind him too, to get the stray blast of warm air! :lol:

BTW he is watching some people race one of those remote controlled toy cars -- he is fascinated by the buzzing sound of those and the remote control airplanes. :p

Wow, now that's a dog that knows how to have fun!! :lol:
What a way to indulge--he must have satisfied pretty much every urge he had!! :lol:

Can you imagine if we just let them be all stinky and mud/poop caked??! Really, sometimes I think about what if I just left the them AND the house the way they seem to like it. :shock:

And yes, Abbey loves to the hairdryer! I keep it on warm and use my hand as a buffer, she can't get enough of it. :D

I had a horse poop "experience" with Maisie the other week, but forgot to take photos when we got home because we were too busy trying to get her in the bath. It makes me laugh how she daintly skips around muddy puddles (my friend says she's a princess who doesn't like to get dirty), and yet will quite happily roll herself in the steaming horse poop! Why do dogs like this?! When I was younger we had dalmatians, and during a walk one of them found a dead rat, covered in maggots and promptly rubbed its neck all over it. :yikes Now that was disgusting. :yuk:
Oh the joys of being an animal lover!!!!

Jo
Maisie (ruby)

That is so funny. Jaspar is normally so clean looking! The phoenix park is a wonderful amenity but the deer and horse poop are a pain. We were there at the weekend too and we spent the whole time trying to stop the dogs from eating poop. Disgusting :yuk: I think I'd rather they roll in it!

We read that it hids their smell for hunting, can't quite imagine my three hunting, but wolves, etc. do it in order not to be detected by what they are hunting.

Now that is one dirty dog! And it doesn't seem to bother him one bit.

Jo - you're story about Maisie cracks me up. Oh mud..don't want to step in it...poop...let's roll in it!! What little characters they are.

Jake loves to be blow dried. When I'm drying Shelby he'll just lean into me trying to get in my lap. When it's his turn he curls up in my lap and just lays there loving it.

My dog runs and screams :yikes :yikes :yikes when she see's a remote control car. Funniest thing you ever saw, so my son has to hide it from her or she will bark and bark until it is out of sight. icon_whistling She will even bark at the closet door if she knows it is in there. What a chicken!!!

When I was younger we had dalmatians, and during a walk one of them found a dead rat, covered in maggots and promptly rubbed its neck all over it.

:yikes :yikes is right!!

I'm glad some other dogs have blow drying fetishes too. Jaspar went from being afriad of the noise to trying to hog the whole air stream in about two bath experiences... :roll:

Leo is my poop eater -- he likes the soft deer poops and also any form of cat poop, no matter how disgusting. :yuk:

:v*cuum:
Oh My he sure is one dirty boy.
Bet he didn't have a care in the world, how did you ever manage the
drive home :eek:

Dirty Jaspar ! Judging by the foot in the corner of the picture i'm assuming Leo was equally dirty :D

I walked our guys to the Phoenix Park on Friday, an hour and a half trip as it turns out :sl*p: I think we visited 5 different ponds and it took all my powers of persuasion just to get Cody to step into the water, Gavin wouldn't even get a paw wet :D

While we're on the subject of poop............. :yikes One of my daily jobs is to move my rabbit's run and do a quick pick up of the droppings. Quite a quick and easy task as Dora's a creature of habbit and only ever dirties one corner of the area where she is. It's now become a bit of a race between me and Maisie to see who can get to it first. She can't stop herself, and seems to chew them for ages. I'm not too sure about the nutritional value, but she seems to enjoy the odd one that she gets. :*gh: :v*cuum:

Jo
Maisie (ruby)

Rabbit poops would be nice and chewy I imagine!! :lol:

I am glad so many are finding a use for my favourite smiley, the hoovering lady. :v*cuum:

karlin said:
I am glad so many are finding a use for my favourite smiley, the hoovering lady. :v*cuum:

I love her too!! We should really name her. Hooverietta?! :lol:

Who was that woman who used to be in Coranation Street (suz spelling) she had the same kind of thing on her head....

:lol: She's the living incarnation of that smiley! better call the smiley Hilda. 8)

Back