• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New pictures!!!!!

My baby opened her eyes this weekend!!!! I've decided to call her Bonnie. It just kind-of popped into my head when I looked at her picture, I like to go with my instincts(sp?). But isn't she precious!!! I'm such a proud momma... :D

bonnie3.jpg

bonnie2.jpg

Bonnie.jpg

So cute! I love the name, too. :) We're sure having a lovely bunch of rubies join the board of late too. :rah:

:rah: for all the new rubies ----- and the blenhiems and the tri's and the black and tans (and the chocolate ones)!!!!

Oh she is precious, so how old is she now about 2 weeks.

She is a pudgy little one too, Darby was the same.

I just love her coloring, she is gorgeous.

i am so jealous! i would love to add another cav to my family but just dont have the room :(

Adorable!! :lotsaluv:
I've been talking about getting cavalier number 2, sometime next year. My son hasn't really been bothered because he adores Maisie, and isn't really interested in another dog. Then.......................I called him to have a look at the pictures of your little ruby. Harry then said "We need to get another puppy just like that one, and call her Rosie" cl*p
So, it looks like later on in the year, I'll be searching for a little ruby girl! (Shame, I was swaying towards a Tri) :roll:

Jo
Maisie (ruby)
"Rosie" - maybe this time next year!!

You can borrow my two Busta and Woody to see which colour looks the best along side Maise icon_whistling - only for a few minutes though.

Never thought of that Claire. Now I'm looking at your Avatar picture trying to decide which colour looks best next to ruby. icon_nwunsure

Decisions, decisions!!

The Mother-in-law has got a tri, so perhaps I should try and persuade my son that we really "need" a blenheim. And then all I have to do is get the mother-in-law to get a black/tan to complete our little set.
:jump:

Jo
Maisie (ruby)

Thank you so much!!! I searched high and low for the right breeder, and finally found one in south Dakota. There just weren't any that caught my eye in the southeast. You can see her website at http://www.mtcavalier.com She was very nice and honest about past health problems. The mother and grandmother have been knee, eye, and heart tested. All clear! I'm going to fly up there with an empty puppy purse, and come back with one full of my baby girl! I hope it won't be too much for her, It's better than cargo... Has anyone ever flown with their cav?

Oh she is absolutely adorable and she seems to suit her name.
I have never flown with my babies but I am sure that anything would have to be better than cargo. I have read threads where others have so I am sure they will give you some advice. I bet you can't wait to get her. Keep the pictures coming :)
Julie and the girls

Bonnie - Bonita is "beautiful" in Spanish - and that she is!!!!

When I got Fauna, I flew to Phoenix to collect her. The airlines were pretty specific about the type and size of the carrier you could use. Most of their web sites contain that info. Airlines limit the number of animals that are allowed in the cabin so make your reservation early. I think the one way fare was $80.

Fauna was just fine waiting on the flight. People in the airport were totally smitten with her and kept her distracted. In fact, one couple has since purchased her "sister" from another litter. The actual flight was uneventful as well. My seat mates were wonderful and didn't mind a bit that I held her wrapped in a baby blanket for most of the trip home. In fact, several of the passengers were looking at me as if I had the world's smallest baby wrapped on my lap and were astounded that it was a puppy. Officially, you are not supposed to take them out of their carriers once you are on the plane. I couldn't stand it. Fortunately, a lovely flight attendant just looked at me and said "I don't see anything." icon_whistling

As far as supplie for travel, I did bring a couple of piddle pads for the carrier just in case, a small thermal pack that I heated in the rental car company's microwave (I wrapped this in a receiving blanket as I was concerned the plane would be too cool - it was); some bottled water and a travel bowl for water/food. My breeder sent home a baby kit that contained samples of her food as well as her paperwork. I also brought a couple of small toys (Dr. Noys) and a collar and leash. I have to admit, it brought back memories of traveling with a baby! A large purse or diaper bag, as my husband refers to it, is a must!!

The good news about the trip (other than getting to bring home a wonderful little girl) was that she was completely worn out and slept through the first night without a whimper. :slp:

Good luck! Bonnie will give you such joy :lol: and love! :l*v:

JaneB

PS Don't forget to take her potty at the very last opportunity :dgwlk: and again when you land!!! or :oops:

Back