• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vacation?

Moviedust

This morning I was excited as it is my first morning off since the end of the semester. I have about a 2 week vacation before I start the summer session of classes, so I relish my time off. I went in to work for an hour and got everything turned in and straightened up. I came home to Cedar's surprise, and she immediately went out in the yard to play in the morning sun. I started some laundry and had some juice, then sat down to catch up on the boards.

The next thing I know a strange man is in the back yard--its the meterman. I go outside to make sure Cedar behaves herself to discover that the meterman, afraid of the attack dog, had given Cedar a biscuit. So of course, she follows him around the yard and wants to go with him as he leaves the gate. :roll: Recall doesnt work with Cedar when the other guy is the one with the treat.

With that all settled and all the gates closed, I leave Cedar to enjoy her coveted biscuit and go back inside. (I can see her through the sunroom windows/wall.) I get busy uploading and editing photos, and then suddenly Cedar comes in (the screen door was left ajar for her) and jumps up to give me a cavalier hug. How nice, eh? It's then that I realize she has found fresh bird doo to roll in; her cheeks and chest are smeared with ooz. :roll:

So, we go down to the laundry and into the tub sink for a spot rinse. Cedar just had a bath less than a week ago, so I didnt want to give her a full bath. Plus, I knew she'd be back out in the yard later, so she just got cleaned up. I didnt even blow dry her; she could sun dry! So after a rub down with the towel, I set Cedar down to play on the floor while I did some more laundry. Rather than play, though, my wet puppy sits there and watches me do laundry as she struggles to say awake. Her eyes get heavier and heavier, her head lower and lower. Then she wakes herself and sits up for a second, before she starts to slip away again.

When I finish with the laundry, Cedar is suddenly wide awake and running circles around me and dashes up the stairs. With her wet and tired, I close the screen door and she rushes over to her giant pillow bed and attacks her toys. There's a bit of sun coming in on her pillow, so I figure she'll curl up and nap, drying in the sun in the process. Oh, no.... how could I be so naive? I sit down to resume my leisure time on the computer. What happens?

I get to type this with a wet dog fast asleep across my hands. :roll:

That story is sooo cute! Something about being wet just makes dogs get all energized and silly. It's really quite adorable. Cedar is such a sweetie pie.

I could visualise the little sweetie and all her activity for the day. Such a delightful scene! :)
Julie and the girls

Thanks for the replies! Cedar sure does have it rough,doesnt see? she's outside tormenting a squirrel now. :roll:

Back