PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATULATIONS LINDA ...and welcome

Nicki
28th May 2006, 04:07 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to my special friend Linda who should right now be cuddling her new baby Darby :w*w: :jump:

Welcome to Darby, the most gorgeous Ruby puppy :mexwav:

We are looking forward to all the photos once you have got home and settled him in!!

Harry & Heidi's mom
28th May 2006, 04:38 PM
:mexwav: :mexwav:

congratulations and welcome Darby

judy
28th May 2006, 04:50 PM
:flwr: icon_welcome :d*g: :l*v: :wggle: cl*p :paw: :hug: :snap: :dgwlk:

happiness is s warm puppeee

nlg679
28th May 2006, 05:24 PM
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
It is finally D day-----Darby comes home to stay!!
:jump:

Karlin
28th May 2006, 07:10 PM
Did it go faster than you expected, after all? :) I can;t believe the day is finally here! I am sure it will take ages before Linda stops playing with Darby and let's us know!! :lol:

Congrats and we are WAITING for the pictures... :snap: :snap:

:jmp: :jmp: :jmp:

Alison_Leighfield
28th May 2006, 08:49 PM
Oh YES, we have a new puppy on the block! :rah:

Yip, yip yippy! b*n*n*

A new baby..... cl*p

We are so HAPPY for you Linda... :wggle:

Have tons of fun... ;)

Alison & Honey-Bee,

Wilts, UK.

Nicki
28th May 2006, 08:59 PM
I guess you're too busy having puppy cuddles and kisses to remember us then Lulu :(

Just teasing, hope you're having a wonderful time with your new baby, and we'll just wait patiently for the photos :D

floínn
28th May 2006, 10:18 PM
:mexwav: a big irish 'cead mile failte' to darby 'one hundred thousand welcomes' :thmbsup:

Linda
28th May 2006, 11:27 PM
Sorry Everybody, we did not prepare the pen or anything before we headed north this wkd and we had a wedding to boot.

He is home :w**h**: :w**h**:

You guys are the best, and believe me I am going to be leaning on you for support.
Nicki you are so so sweet to start this thread for me.

He is a doll, I cannot believe he is already scratching at the door.
Could just be a coincidence or I am so overwhelmed, he keeps going to our back door to get outside. No accidents yet :mexwav:

Dudley is not a very Happy Boy today, he wants absolutely nothing to do with Darby. I guess with time he will adjust, he refuses to eat his food, but Darby wants Dudley's food and not his.

Here are a few shots of him we took today, well maybe more than a few.
Hope you don't get sick of looking at him, I just love him so much and need to come back down to earth.
It is going to take me a while to get used to having two dogs, but I am liking it. I will like it much better when my boy Dudley comes arounds.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/DarbyWeed.jpg
Mommy is that a weed, let me get it.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/DarbyGrass.jpg
I stole my brothers rope, do you think he will get mad at me. :lotsaluv:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/TooCute.jpg
My mommy said I am cute and she loves me so much :mexwav:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/DarbyLove.jpg
Everybody loves me, I like to play and I like the backyard.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/TiredDarby.jpg
I have played so much , now I am tired.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/ddd123/DarbyRope.jpg
Still have Dudleys rope, I can fetch too already.

He is amazing, he loves toys and I am so so happy.
Dudley never really played with toys too much, he is a ball of energy.
Hops like a rabbit and just wants to play.
He sure should sleep

floínn
28th May 2006, 11:44 PM
he is beautiful linda, thanks for the photos keep them coming :l*v: :snap:

Jen
29th May 2006, 01:55 AM
Oh my gosh, that squishy little face is adorable!!! :lotsaluv:

nlg679
29th May 2006, 02:16 AM
Linda Linda Linda!!!
He is SOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!
OMG---your photos are just PRECIOUS!
You must be sooooo happy! What a lot of love in your home!
Dudley WILL adjust.....I will be following his progress CLOSELY!]

Please DON'T stop the photos!

Nancy
NJ

rory
29th May 2006, 03:22 AM
Oh, Linda!! He is soooooo handsome and adorable!!! I am so so happy for you!!!! CAn't wait for even more pictures!! :D

judy
29th May 2006, 07:20 AM
more photos please :)
his coat seems especially thick and luxurious. wish i could touch.

Gillian
29th May 2006, 08:47 AM
He is just so Gorgeous cl*p

Alison_Leighfield
29th May 2006, 09:06 AM
Oh Linda,

He is so beautiful, what more can I say.

just enjoy....

Alison, Wilts, UK.

Angela
29th May 2006, 09:48 AM
Linda after reading all the posts from way back about how desparate you were for your wee ruby i am so thrilled for you that the day has finally come. It has been a rollarcoaster but it is now time to sit back and enjoy the ride. The pictures are fabulous. What an absolutely beautiful example of a cavalier. I so want to pick him up and squeeze him tight!!! Enjoy every minute of him and im very sure Dudley will come round soon and love him as much as you do. As much as we all do :lol:

Bruce H
29th May 2006, 10:45 AM
What a beautiful little ruby! After all the ups and downs, he is finally here. Sure looks to me like it was worth the wait. Don't worry about Dudley, he'll come around, just may take a few days. This is a big change for him.

Linda
29th May 2006, 12:27 PM
Darby had a great night, both my son and I slept downstairs on the sofa.
Hubby was tired from building a deck so I stayed, he woke up at 1:30 and I took him out and he went pee. Back to bed, no crying he woke up again just before 6:00 a.m. and went outside pee and poo again.

I have paper in his pen, but I do not want him to get used to the idea
that peeing inside is acceptable. The lack of sleep will pay of, if I continue this as I did with Dudley potty training will come much much quicker.

No Accidents inside the house yet.

My son Derrick, whom I will post a picture of later is so so happy he even slept downstairs. He has already bonded with Darby, and Darby with him.
He follows Derrick all over the house.

Bruce I know it will take a bit of time with Dudley, I just feel so bad for him.
Our first night was amazing.

Mary
29th May 2006, 01:01 PM
Beautiful little boy. My Scout had a coat like that when I got him. So thick. He reminded me of a little sheep.

Claire
29th May 2006, 04:17 PM
Linda - he is so cute, he looks a right little character..... :D

JaneB
29th May 2006, 10:17 PM
I can't believe your baby is finally home. Seems like it was just a few days ago we were moaning about how long it would be. . . Darby is so beautiful and what a charmer he appears to be. He won't be a bit spoiled will he? I'm sure big brother will come around very soon. I think almost all Cav's love having a companion. Maybe just a tad jealous right now. Keep the pics coming. Welcome to our newest little guy! (I feel like we all have a part of him - international surrogate mommies.) Best of luck to you, Linda. I'm so very happy for you.

JaneB

Nicki
30th May 2006, 08:23 AM
Lulu I'm so thrilled for Derrick that he and Darby have bonded already, that's so sweet.

It sounds like you have this potty training down to a fine art already...we will all be coming to you for advice :D It makes such a difference when the breeder has already made a start by having the pups out on different surfaces and having a specific toilet area away from the "nest".

Darby is just GORGEOUS, he really is going to grow up to be a stunning boy...we are so pleased for you, i know it's been a long wait and rather stressful, but worth it to have that special guy in your arms now.

I'm sure Dudley will come round...when we had Rupert we still had my Westie, Katie. She was okayish with him the first afternoon he came home, but the next morning she just gave me this look to say "he's not STILL here is he?" :D They did learn to live together though.

Most Cavaliers really enjoy having a companion, I'm sure in just a few weeks they will be the best of friends and snuggle up and you will wonder why you worried.

Hope you had a good night last night too.

joanna
30th May 2006, 12:42 PM
He's gorgeous Linda, I'm delighted you finally have him home.
Joanna :flwr:

Forest
30th May 2006, 01:06 PM
Oh what a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy!!! Just love them both and enjoy your gorgeous boys Linda. You deserve it!!!! :)
Julie and the girls

*Pauline*
25th June 2006, 11:02 PM
Wow!! :D What a beautiful puppy. Post more pictures please :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
26th June 2006, 12:37 PM
Linda, he's just gorgeous. I just want to smoosh that little face against mine LOL

How is Dudley with him now? Is he getting more accepting of him?

When we got Charlie, Maxx thought it was great - for about two days! Then the looks like "When is he going home?" started :lol:

He's been here for seven months now and they will occasionally curl up and sleep together but Maxx has definitely grown to like him. He still stands and watches as Charlie plays though. It's almost like he's the 'childminder' LOL

Linda
27th June 2006, 04:14 AM
Linda, he's just gorgeous. I just want to smoosh that little face against mine LOL

How is Dudley with him now? Is he getting more accepting of him?

When we got Charlie, Maxx thought it was great - for about two days! Then the looks like "When is he going home?" started :lol:

He's been here for seven months now and they will occasionally curl up and sleep together but Maxx has definitely grown to like him. He still stands and watches as Charlie plays though. It's almost like he's the 'childminder' LOL

Donna
They are gettin on brilliant now, it has been a month and a drastic change in the last few days. I had Darby at the Vet today and I was asking her
about how Dudley is interacting she did advise that if Dudley did not
like Darby he would of most likely bit the annoying little guy by now.

But how could he, Donna he is so so sweet he follows Dudley everywhere and Dudley now allows him to sleep and curl up beside him and they are playing together too. I had Darby out all day at the Vets as it is very far from my home when I came home Dudley was all over him so he surely missed him.

I will post some new pictures next week.
Darby is almost 13 weeks old already.

Cavashay
27th June 2006, 08:26 AM
You are so Lucky! He looks Gorgeous!!!
Im sure your older dog will come around, my Shepherd Zeke never wanted ANTTHING to do with Cass when we brought her home,and they ended up being the best of play mates. Then the Girls, same thing again, its taken a lot of "sucking up" from Bella & Kaidie, but he's coming around. I even caught him playing chasey this morning,but when he seen me watching he looked the other way and started sniffing, like, I wasnt playing !