• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

doggie bodily noises....lol

Kingofthehouse86

well i believe that i never mentioned that King is not a barker...in fact he has never barked in his life.....weird i guess...but he makes every other doggie noise possible....grunt/yelp/whine/burp and fart...well 2nit after dinner King let out a huge BURP!!!! then l8r a big fart.....lol i mean has any1 even heard of a dog who doesnt bark...besides the Basenji....i contacted his breeder and she was shocked that he still never barked....but i cant complain he's still the best dog ever...just thought every1 wanted to kno bout my pup

I'll send Jake over and he can teach King how to bark!!! Shelby is my belcher...she'll be kissing me and just let out the biggest belch. Such a little lady. :lol:

Jake could probably try all he wants but King would prob not bark....he's had dogs of all ages bark at him and he never made a singal bark....the only sound he makes is prob the sound of his tail hittin his sides....i mean when he gets really excited it looks lik a white blur on his butt... :lol: oh and the thing that gives King the most gas would have to be the Charlie Bear treats Egg/Cheese flavor...his breath smells lik Goldfish crackers... :lol: i lik goldfish crackers..hmmmm :jmp:

My daughter's almost one year old cavalier Belle never barks. that was one of the reasons i thought i could get away with having a cavalier in my apartment. when belle was here for a visit, she was so quiet. She was playful and curious and exploring and excitable, but she didn't bark. Like if people were walking up the stairs outside, or if someone came to the door and knocked, she just never barked. Lisa says she continues not to bark. I've seen her--when she was in her crate and wanted to get out, she wouldn't bark or cry out or whine. She just dug at the door of the crate with her front feet and you could hear her toenails, but nothing vocal at all.

I was hoping to get a dog that doesn't bark too, but Zack does bark. but not excessively. He barks if he hears a squirrel or sees a possum in the backyard. He's overall quiet and will stop barking when i tell him to stop.

One other thing he does thought that i haven't seen other dogs do, is when we are walking to the dog park, he gets excited and emotional and he starts going "arf arf arf arf" over and over in an excited way, and once or twice at the dog park, he's been so excited that he arfs while he's playing or running around with the other dogs, he's just so emotional about it. Other dog owners look at him and laugh, none of the other dogs are making a racket but zack is arfing, it's kind of high pitched and grates on my ears when it's nonstop, but a couple of times when i told him to stop, other dog owners said to let him keep doing it, it wasn't bothering them. It's not a barking sound, it's kind of like a crying sound but not exactly. It's like hysterical excitment.

judy ur daughter's cavalier and King sound lik their the same dog...lol that's the same way wit King....Dogs arent allowed in my apartment but we hav lived here for 15 yrs...King is the brother of a family friend, they thought since King never barked @ the breeder then he would b perfect 4 me....and told me bout him and had the breeder meet us 1/2....but a long story short...King would never cry/whine to come out....just basically lay there til some1 came home 2 let him out to use the pads....K guys King is basically our secret.....so SHHH :D

At the dog park the other day, i was talking to a woman who said her dog was from Rescue, he was a really cute mutt. i said that i had looked into Rescue but found i would not be allowed to adopt a dog from rescue because there was a requirement that you get your apartment manager's permission in writing. i didn't want to go there.

So, this woman said she was in the same position, but there is a law, not sure if it's local or state or what, that says if you have a doctor's or therapists' letter saying you need a dog or other pet for therapeutic reasons, they have to let you have the pet. So she went to a therapist and got a letter and got her manager's ok to get a rescue dog. I'd like to find out more about that law, it's good to know about.

My 6 rarely used to ever bark...Until I moved into the grounds of where I work! I now live at a large Boarding/Quarantine kennels and there is usually something barking at most times throughout the day and night! My group do not join in the barking but will bark at other dogs if they come to close to their paddock.
Georgie, the mother of 4 of my cavaliers, burps after eating anything! She loves to come right up to your face and snuggle into you and then do a HUGE burp. I dont think I have ever heard any of the others burp, but not a day goes by without hearing Georgie burp.

judy said:
that's a really good group photo on your avatar. :)

Thanks :lol: Someone else sent me an email (a friend) and told me they did not like it and I should change it to another. So I have now shown her your post :badgrin:.

Rippleoak said:
Thanks :lol: Someone else sent me an email (a friend) and told me they did not like it and I should change it to another. So I have now shown her your post :badgrin:.

what's not to like? :)

I normally pick Woody up as soon as he finishes he food as he trys to start on Ozzy's, he normally sits on Darren and lets out a long belch (I don't do it on purpose honestly!!!)

Jaspar is a belcher -- he finishes his meal then ususally stands still, looks at me, and does a litttle burp. Always has from when he was a puppy! Leo is the gassy one, after certain treats. :yikes

Leo has a very grumbly stomach too; I can ioften hear it from 10 feet away when he is on the sofa and I am working on the computer.

Thanks Someone else sent me an email (a friend) and told me they did not like it and I should change it to another.

I love you avatar also! That must have been hard to get them all lined up so perfect like that, and to have the Tri in the middle is perfect. I have a hard time trying to get my two to stay still.
Your Cavaliers are beautiful! :flwr:

Rippleoak said:
judy said:
that's a really good group photo on your avatar. :)

Don't you dare change it!! :shock: Every time I look at it I smile...it is just breathtaking!

I thought my Beatrice was NORMAL for a Cav as she was over a year old before we heard her first bark. I think she, like King, must have been the exception. While neither of my girls are yappers, Fauna talks (kind of a low wooo-wooo-wooo noise) whenever I arrive home, when I get up in the morning, or if she just wants to discuss things. And the loud, excited commotion when we go to the PetSmart, OMG. If another dog is around she goes completely nuts. Training classes begin for both girls next week. Flora is a crybaby and will whine and yip if she wants my attention or is trying to get Fauna to play. But compared to the Westies across the street, the girls are mutes. I don't know how people live with yappy dogs.

Thanks Laughing Someone else sent me an email (a friend) and told me they did not like it and I should change it to another. So I have now shown her your post.

Add my post as well! I think your avatar is wonderful!

JaneB

I am blown away by the placement and behavior of all of your lovely doggies and think it is the best picture. Don't change it. I don't know how many pictures I get of Quincy's tail or backside because she is in constant motion. Quincy has not barked since I have had her, I thought they were all that way, but guess not! She whined one time when I left her in a room by herself, but otherwise she's a very quiet puppy.

Back