• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Little pound girl

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I thought people might enjoy seeing how the little cavalier is that came into rescue. She was found straying with a very neglected coat, full of mats and burrs. Here she is when she was found:

160054835_f2bb03d3e7.jpg

Then she went to Brid for a week's foster. Brid gave her two baths and trimmed out many of her mats. I collected her on Friday and she now looks like this:

158849639_9dbbb52c4e.jpg

Today I had her at the Phoenix Park for a picnic with friends; she is just great with small children and especially liked my friend's daughter:

160039514_a7de1781aa.jpg

It was a lovely sunny day so all the dogs were enjoying themselves. here she is with leo on the right and Jaspar on the left.

160039588_77ae92a3aa.jpg

She'll stay with me for a while yet; I am working to get her in a little better condition as she is very overwight and her coat needs some work too. She snores for Ireland so I am hoping a little weight loss might diminish her wall-shaking volume. :lol: However she also needs to learn that cats are not large furry toys for chasing. :roll: :lol:

She has the sweetest face and her coat looks really thick :lotsaluv:

If you want to borrow Thomas cat she'll soon learn that cats aren't for chasing icon_devil

Karlin,
What a beautiful day!
Your little stray girl now looks beautiful..what a darling face!

Nancy

Oh what a sweet looking little girl. Hope she finds the forever home she deserves!

She's a smart little thing and is quickly catching on that 'no' means 'no' when it comes to cat-chasing. :lol: We have a breakthrough of sorts, she has come upstairs to find Ambrose on one of the pet beds on the floor; after looking at him longlingly and snorting a few times with some half-intent -- and a few return hisses from Ambrose -- and some 'no's' from me -- she sat and watched him for a bit from about 4 feet away and is now sleeping on the floor. Once small step for cavalierkind.

Just look at that little face, watching every move!

Sending a special "Thank You" to the foster carer that worked their magic with her, and set her on the road to being a beautiful girl. :lotsaluv:

Alison, Wilts, Uk.

She is so sweet Karlin, what an adorable little face :lotsaluv:

Well done to Brid for her hard work last week - thanks for helping this wee one :flwr:

and a big thank you to you Karlin for getting her out and looking after her currently :flwr: :flwr:

Looks like you all had a lovley day at the park...I wonder if she lived with a family previously if she's that good with children?

Sounds like you're getting there with the cat problem too, that's great...in a few weeks we will be seeing photos of her and Quincy cuddled up hopefully :D

Thanks so much for sharing the photos

Karlin,

That little thing is so lucky that you, and others that care so much for her kind, found her when you did. The cat stories are hilarious. :lol:
I love everyone's contributions and would love to see Thomas cat!! :lol:

Another star in your crown..
Marsha

Karlin,

Has nobody come forward for her yet? I can't believe that she hasn't had a home before, especially looking at how good she is with your friends daughter, and the way she stays close when of lead in the park.

Will you be looking at re-homing her eventually? she looks very happy with you!........ :D

Alison, Wilts, UK.

She did 5 days in the pound, which is their limit -- and wasn't reclaimed. She was badly neglected so whoever did have her was not caring for her very well. I have a feeling she may have been left out in the garden and left to roam around her neighbourhood (which isn;t the best part of town, where she was picked up) -- hence the mats and disshevelled coat -- but she has such a rosy cavalier personality anyway.

I'd love to have her here as she is darling but feel she'd enjoy going to a home with children and also, I have a feeling she is not going to be easily, if ever, persuaded not to pursue cats vigorously. My cats live indoors so this would be a problem! ;)

Never fear I have a quite a long waiting list of people. :) She'll have a bit more time here though, most likely. She needs to pay a visit to the vet for her basic check, etc.

Well done Karlin. You're doing a great job with her and Brid is a miracle worker. She really is a beauty, anybody who gets her will be very lucky.

Had her vet visit today and she got a health all clear and she's fairly young -- not older than 2, though the weight makes her look around 8 or 9! :shock:

She weighs 8 kg!! 17 lbs!! which is nearly a pound more than Jaspar and 2.5 pounds more than Leo -- but she is smaller than Leo -- so she has a good approx 2 kg or 4-ish lbs to lose.

She has ended up with the name Lily, which my friend's daughter likes. She is settling in with the cats as well so she will stay here and undergo her spa and beauty transformations from here. :lol: These will include her spay when she is more svelte.

Back