PDA

View Full Version : cavalier collars

Karlin
14th June 2006, 07:32 PM
These breed-specific collars are really cute! The have cavaliers under 'king cavalier spaniel'.

http://www.helpingudders.com/Collarsleads5.htm#Cavalier

sarahg
14th June 2006, 09:17 PM
Wow i love them, there is one for each of mine, Cav, Jack Russell and Lab.

mlc4140
15th June 2006, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the great site. I will now have to get a second job just for shopping. LOL

Michelle

Karlin
15th June 2006, 07:09 PM
Note that you can designate a rescue to get a percentage donated from your purchase and you can select Lucky Star, the cavalier rescue. :thmbsup:

Nicki
15th June 2006, 08:06 PM
OH that's fantastic Karlin and it's lovley that you can support Lucky Star too.

Karlin
15th June 2006, 08:12 PM
They don't ship outside North America though. :( I might get some next time I am out to the US however.

Mary
16th June 2006, 01:41 AM
I love the collars and it makes it doubly nice to support Lucky Star!

Claire
16th June 2006, 03:41 PM
Guys, they can do postings to UK and Ireland - all you have to do is email him with what you want and he was let you know how much....

Maxxs_Mummy
1st July 2006, 01:30 PM
Oh wow! I wish they did cavalier harnesses too!

Nicki
1st July 2006, 01:44 PM
Might be worth suggesting it Donna - like yours, mine don't wear collars - as they have already had the webbing done, they might be able to make up harnesses

Maxxs_Mummy
1st July 2006, 05:37 PM
Nicki,

They do wear collars :oops: but they are very loose and the only reason they wear them is because a) on Maxx, it's something to grab hold of if he decides to go on a wander - he's obedient until he escapes but then he plays the deaf/blind card (as in I know you're calling me but I'm pretending I can't see or hear you :badgrin: ) and b) it's something to hang their name tags on! They get too hot to wear their harnesses all the time too.

I think I will email them and ask if they can make some harnesses though, they'd be quite a novelty :D

Maxxs_Mummy
1st July 2006, 06:47 PM
I've emailed to ask if they stock or can get the harnesses to match. Will report back if and when I get a reply :D

Karlin
2nd July 2006, 05:24 PM
Oh that's great that they will post! Thanks for asking, Claire. Harnesses would be cute, too. But as they all need to wear collars for their tags. I'd like to get some collars. I like that particular style of collar, too.

Maxxs_Mummy
5th July 2006, 11:29 AM
OK then, they don't do harnesses :( and apparently the postage should be no more than £8.50. I assume that this would be for two collars and two leads. This would come to almost £40 in total.

Anyway, I have had a hunt this morning and I have found collars, leads and harnesses in Cavalier design here in UK.....

http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Breed_Design_Collars_Leads_Harness_Flexi_Leads.htm l

For 2 sets of collar, harness and lead including p&p, tax and handling it comes to £67.88. Not as expensive as it could be but I still think they're going to have to wait a while :roll:

Claire
5th July 2006, 12:19 PM
I can't see the image..... :shock:

Maxxs_Mummy
5th July 2006, 12:26 PM
There's only images on some of the items Claire, you have to scroll down the page!

I think Nicki has used this firm before to buy things from.

Claire
5th July 2006, 12:28 PM
I will have a look down - think I will keep my purse closed at the moment, as the vets cost 1300.00 yesterday - just need to make sure the insurance company will pay out.

I am not having a very good month, we had to have the fence done (as I was scared of leaving them all done after someone tried to break in) then Ozzy's bits and two boosters for Woody and Busta..... I wanna win the bloody lottery.

Maxxs_Mummy
5th July 2006, 12:46 PM
Tell me about it....

My computer went wonky but hopefully we've managed to sort it ouselves. The tv is on the blink and the engineer is supposed to be coming to repair it today. My fridge has completely broken down (about 6 mths out of guarantee) and the engineer is coming tomorrow. Maxx had to go to the Vets and we had a family wedding - now both boys are due their boosters - can we go halves if we win the lottery????? :roll: :lol:

Claire
5th July 2006, 01:51 PM
Not sure what Darren would say about that!!!! but I am sure I could send some around.... :*nana:

Nicki
5th July 2006, 07:33 PM
Oh Donna what a month!!

My premium bonds failed dismally again, so I can't help you out...and that means no camper van again :( One day!!!

You're right, I do have those Cavalier leads from Hub int, I didn't realise they did the harnesses :sl*p:

They are lovely, well made and wash beautifully too. They are lightweight tirgger hooks too, does annoy me when you buy small leads with heavy hooks.

The harness photo doesn't seem to come up on my browser, so not sure of the style.

I also had my Coat king from them {Stripping Rake - Ex. fine (Ref. 2449)
}, and the untangler super groom comb...but I really fancy this comb:

Ferplast GRO 5878 Rotating Teeth Moulting Comb (Ref. 40570.....

hmm have to get saving!!

Maxxs_Mummy
5th July 2006, 08:54 PM
Oh Nicki,

It's not that expensive - I'm sure daddy will say his boys can have it ;) :lol:

I've just found some really nice comfy looking harnesses that I might get for the boys https://www.petplanet.co.uk/product_group.asp?dept_id=112&pg_id=47

They really do look comfy and they have matching leads and collars too :D - They're also quite a bit cheaper than the cavalier ones!

Maxx has the Puppia and Charlie still has his black one that he came with (it was only a week old when he came to us) but the clasp has broken on the Puppia and I want them both to have the same :lol:

Nicki
5th July 2006, 09:11 PM
Oooh Rupert had one of those some years back!!!

I did quite like them, but they do come up big...so will be fine for Maxx and I think Charlie is not small either. They were WAY too big for my wee girlies.

Maybe you could get the red ones and the Cavalier leads and collars??

TedBear isn't too happy having his Puppia taken off at the moment, so I'm looking into getting one of their jacket style harnesses like this but in camoflauge...not sure about that design but blue candy stripe wouldn't suit him either!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/PUPPIA-ORION-2-DOG-HARNESS-Vest-Jacket-PINK-Sz-L_W0QQitemZ150004582524QQihZ005QQcategoryZ66783QQc mdZViewItem

Hubby knows about this but not about the leads...yet :yikes Fortunately it's on my credit card!!

I desperately need some new clothes but am refusing to buy anything as I want to lose another 1/2 stone...so spending it on the dogs instead LOL

Maxxs_Mummy
5th July 2006, 09:59 PM
OMG Nicki, you sound just like me - except I need to lose another 4 stone!

I was thinking of Red for Charlie and Blue for Maxx. Charlie isn't a small Cav but he has no extra flesh on him by any means (unlike poor old Maxxy).

I quite like the look of these leads now as the handles look nice and soft and easy to hold with my wonky hand LOL

It's a shame they don't make those Puppia's in plain blue or red or whatever, they are nicer than the plain ones and look easier to put on too :D

Right am off for a bath now will def ring you tomorrow - been a bit of a nightmare here over last few days with everything going wrong :roll: xxxxx

Maxxs_Mummy
7th July 2006, 12:52 AM
OK then, got an email back from Hub - the no for the size 2 harness is Item: 3250. If this is not on the website then you can telephone 01491-628897/628355, 10.15 am -5.45 pm Mon-Fri.

Excellent customer service - came back within 24 hours with the info :D