PDA

View Full Version : Question about finding UK Dog Events

Cathy Moon
16th June 2006, 11:30 AM
I am trying to find out if there are any dog-related events happening in Devon in late August, early September, but I'm not sure where to look. My hubby is originally from UK, and we're planning a trip to visit his father near Exeter. Thanks!

Claire
16th June 2006, 11:58 AM
Hi Cathy

Try the kennel club website - or I have just done a search and got this one: www.dogshows.co.uk you could also try the cavalier websites, let me know if you want these and I can just cut and paste them over.

Cathy Moon
16th June 2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks Claire! I didn't know about that site. Looks like we've chosen the wrong month! There is a Cav show on Oct. 1 in the west country! But we're going to celebrate his Dad's 94th birthday(!!!) in Sept. By the way, I have a brother-in-law in Surrey!

Claire
19th June 2006, 10:13 AM
Hi Cathy - forget to get my laptop out of the car so only just logged in, there is also a cavalier website, which has areas you can check against.... I will have a look for you and let you know - what part of Surrey does your brother in law live in???

Cathy Moon
19th June 2006, 11:35 AM
Claire,
My brother-in-law lives in Epsom. Do you live nearby? My husband grew up in Waltom on Thames.

I checked the Cavalier website and could not find anything. The club in the West does not have a web site. Now we're hoping to find a charity event involving dogs when we get there.

Thanks! :flwr:

Claire
19th June 2006, 12:47 PM
Epsom is just down the road...... I live in Banstead, and we used to drink in Walton on Thames, what a small world. :D

Cathy Moon
20th June 2006, 12:16 PM
It is a small world :lol: I will find out if we've ever driven through your town (or is it a city?) We've been to a few pubs nearby, but I cannot remember exactly which pubs.

I searched the net for UK agility events and found two in the west country that may be close enough to visit, if we can afford the fuel prices :yikes