• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Barking Cavalier!!

Fi

:badgrin:

What does your baby bark at....

this evening, i started printing a document and Lady took one look at and started backing, it is a 7 page document and she is still barking!!! she has looked at it from every angle possible and still doesnt like it......

They also dont like the music they play on big brother when they cant play what the houselates are saying......

And some more cats (only one of mine is a cat barker). They bark unmercifully when they realize they are going out in the car!

My dogs would never, ever bark at cats as they know that the cats come first :D Cody will bark to be let in from the garden but otherwise doesn't bark at all. Gavin barks at people coming into the house, he used to bark at every dog he laid eyes on but we've mostly gotten him out of that and now only barks at the first dog he sees on walks :oops:

as they know that the cats come first

:lol:

Mine bark at certain types of avant garde music on Lyric FM, at some cats out on the roof (Jaspar mainly), at some dogs they don't seem to like, and at other dogs barking on TV or radio. :roll:

Maya Rose barks at thunderstorms....each and every thunder that occurs during that storm. Sassafrass barks at Eli the collie or Savannah the basset to get out of her way!

:lol: she barked at a document? hahaahaa.

zack barks at the clicking noise my cell phone makes when i take a picture with it, it makes a sound like camera shutter and for some reason he barks at that, this is a recent development, he didn't used to do that. And another recent one is, almost ever video i watch on Utube, he barks at, it doesn't matter what it is, he hears it from across the room and starts barking. another one that has just begun recently is, he barks at something up in a tree in the backyard, probably a squirrel, it makes a rustling sound up in the tree, and he leaps in the air while he's barking, like he thinks he can get up there if he tries hard enough. He goes straight up and it's quite impressive, he gets a lot of height. It's fortunate that the fences around the yard are very high.

He still barks at things on TV but less than he used to.

We have a sorry-looking sheepskin rug, that used to be in the living room.

My hubby moved it upstairs, under my desk in the office, and Cailean must've thought it was a wild animal got into his home!

There was so much growling, barking, backing away, creeping back in, barking, backing away again - it was so funny! Hubby eventually picked the rug up and showed it to Cailean.

Cailean looked somewhat mortified and wandered off to find me!

Generally any prospect of an outing or food or any daring to walk past our back garden sets him off!!!

:p

Busta barks at me when I put my shoes on, get my keys, put on my coat, he also barks when he is at the back of the garden (although he is talking to a dog that backs on to us), Woody barks at elephants on the telly and Ozzy backs when he sees something out in the garden..... and the hairdryer.

Geordie barks at all mammals that he sees on TV or out the window! Chocolate barks when she wants out of her crate. India rarely barks. But all three go absolutely nuts if any one of them is going in the car :roll:

gosh arent thay all gas, they are proper barkers!!

Lady had me in stitches last night.. andMax one started barking at i dont know what.. then the other joined in in union....

Sophie barks at animals on the TV: makes it hard to watch Animal Planet. True story... one morning I was in the kitchen making coffee and had the Today Show on in the living room. Sophie started barking, so I poked my head in the see if they were doing an animal segment on the show. What I saw on the TV made me laugh so hard! It wasn't an animal segment - it was President George Bush giving a speech. Good Dog - she got a BIG biscuit and lots of belly rubs for being such a smart doggie!

hahahaha

Dudley barks at Cats, Cats and more Cats.
He also barks at certain people, don't know why guess he has a sense
about them.

He barks his head of when we put him in his wire xpen at our wkd getaway. He hates it, but he is going to have to get used to it. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

He also has started barking now that we have Darby after a bath just play barking though, chasing each other all over the house and backyard.

The animals on TV too.

Puzzles barks frantically at remote control cars :roll: She has actually ran screaming from one before, never heard such a sound out of a dog before. She also barks at other dogs when we go camping and most people. Not sure how to break her of that :? and JoJo will bark at other dogs if his mom starts to do it first. If she don't bark then he won't... and his bark is so cute, not quite a deep bark, but like a little raspy one... like a teenagers changing voice. He is 6 months old...

Joey barks at my electric carpet sweeper. He really is not a barker at all and this is the only thing that gets him going crazy, oh and i mean crazy. For a little guy that is so placid all the time that carpet sweeper sure makes him act like Cujo!!!!!! :yikes

Twinkle barks at shadows and doors if they are left ajar in the dark and she can see a light in the hall. She will sometimes bark at dogs on Animal Planet. She also had an argument with a turned up mop last week :lol: Both of them took offence at the new hanging basket in the garden. Thankfully, neither of them bark when the doorbell rings because I couldn't put up with that.

Gavin barks at people coming into the house, he used to bark at every dog he laid eyes on but we've mostly gotten him out of that and now only barks at the first dog he sees on walks
Stephen-
How did you get Gavin to stop barking at other dogs? My Puzzle's does that and I tell her to hush and have tried just about everything and I don't know how to get her to mind her manners when it comes to barking at every single moving object :yikes
Thank you :D

Abbey barks at dog she sees or hears, until she's able to meet them, then she stops. She also barks at the TV, and she's taught Gus this trick as well. Not sure if he actually watches the TV like she does or if he's just barking because she is. :roll:

Elliot barks like mad at the hoover :v*cuum: , even before I switch it on. He kinda does a funny little run /hop around the hoover, gets the zooms, and barks himself silly :lol: He also barks at dogs on TV !

Maxx really only barks when something new arrives in the house and he's not too sure of it. The other week it was hubby's fish tank. Maxx was jumping backwards making this grrrwufff noise and trying to be ever such a brave dog :lol: He detests horses and cows on the tv though and will attack the tv as well as bark.

Charlie used to bark at everything but thankfully, we've managed to teach him not to! He occasionally barks at the post, especially if it's the one postman that he's afraid of :roll: . He barks at the cat from down the road, the dog at the back of us (they talk to each other), he barks at me when he wants something and they both like to bark at the squirrel when he dares to come into the garden. I don't mind them doing that though because he digs my plants up :p .

Back