PDA

View Full Version : Here's Ariel!

huesiemama
20th June 2006, 05:47 AM
Meet Ariel, our new female! :l*v: Just adopted her yesterday from a friend's mother who does independent rescue. We are told that she is about 6 months old and that her right eye was scratched when she was younger, causing the "ghosting". That is why the original owner gave her up! :swear: Oh well, more Ariel love for us! :lotsaluv:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/huesiemama/P6180658.jpg

Claire
20th June 2006, 11:08 AM
Makes her unique!!!!!! All I got to say is I am glad you have her instead of the owner...

Mary
20th June 2006, 01:51 PM
What a sweet looking girl. And good for you for rescuing this little angel. Congrats on your new girl and keep the pictures coming.

Karlin
20th June 2006, 02:57 PM
Congrats! She already looks settled and happy on a lap in your picture. :) We'll look forward to more pictures... :wggle:

Jen
20th June 2006, 03:15 PM
She's a cutie--love the little cowlick on her bangs! :l*v: So glad you've ended up with her rather than her former owner.

Cathy T
20th June 2006, 04:50 PM
I think she looks adorable and you're both lucky to have each other!

Forest
24th June 2006, 02:20 PM
Well her former owner doesn't deserve her. You wouldn't give up one of your children if something happened to them ...
Well done and enjoy her- she sure looks like she is enjoying life right now :)
Julie and the girls

huesiemama
24th June 2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks for all the great replies! She really is a sweetheart.
She is also our first puppy. Our other dog is an adult Greyhound, James. We have fostered a few retired racers since he came home and I think that has been very helpful in giving preparation to having a puppy. The retired Greyhounds have to learn about being in a house, stairs, linoleum, patio doors and housebreaking too!

Mary
24th June 2006, 05:38 PM
I have met a few of the retired greyhounds at local dog events around here. They are delightful. So sweet, docile it seems.