PDA

View Full Version : Yet another thing to worry about!

Bruce H
20th June 2006, 07:44 PM
Kris just told me about a posting on another breeder list where a breeder was in a motel with her dogs. To make a long story short, she noticed that one of the dogs went under the bed and when she looked under to get the dog out after a minute or so she saw a box of rat poison :yikes Sure enough it had chew marks on it.

She called the number listed on the box on the way to the vet and got the antidote. Thankfully, after a few days the dog has shown no ill effects. Could have been a disaster.

Guess what Kris and I do from now on when we check into a motel? In fact, I wonder if this would be a violation of law; imagine if a child got into something like that?

Karlin
20th June 2006, 09:42 PM
:yikes :yikes Boy that is a good caution all right. Most hotels/motels now seem to have beds that have a box platform down to the ground so you can't lose things under them -- or put poison under the bed... I sure will be checking any place I take the dogs now though. A bit creepy that the motel even NEEDED to have rat poison under the bed. :shock:

judy
20th June 2006, 11:00 PM
... A bit creepy that the motel even NEEDED to have rat poison under the bed. :shock:

yeah. might not be a bad idea to post the name and location of the motel.

Maxxs_Mummy
20th June 2006, 11:06 PM
: A bit creepy that the motel even NEEDED to have rat poison under the bed. :shock:

:yikes That's what I thought :yikes

I sure hope the dog is OK.

Mary
21st June 2006, 01:43 AM
How horrible. Glad that story didn't have a worse ending with a very sick pup.