• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yet another thing to worry about!

Bruce H

Kris just told me about a posting on another breeder list where a breeder was in a motel with her dogs. To make a long story short, she noticed that one of the dogs went under the bed and when she looked under to get the dog out after a minute or so she saw a box of rat poison :yikes Sure enough it had chew marks on it.

She called the number listed on the box on the way to the vet and got the antidote. Thankfully, after a few days the dog has shown no ill effects. Could have been a disaster.

Guess what Kris and I do from now on when we check into a motel? In fact, I wonder if this would be a violation of law; imagine if a child got into something like that?

:yikes :yikes Boy that is a good caution all right. Most hotels/motels now seem to have beds that have a box platform down to the ground so you can't lose things under them -- or put poison under the bed... I sure will be checking any place I take the dogs now though. A bit creepy that the motel even NEEDED to have rat poison under the bed. :shock:

karlin said:
... A bit creepy that the motel even NEEDED to have rat poison under the bed. :shock:

yeah. might not be a bad idea to post the name and location of the motel.

How horrible. Glad that story didn't have a worse ending with a very sick pup.

Back