• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Miss Lily (Lara)

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
She had her second vax today (my vet does a full puppy series on a dog of unknown background like her). I am pleased to announce she climbed on the scales again and in 15 days she has dropped from 8.0kg to 7.8kg (in other words, she has lost about half a pound). Not bad for a little dog in two weeks! She needs to lose at least another full kilo as she should really weigh around 6kg to 6.5 kg I think, so she is still continuing her stay at Karlin's Resort and Spa with her petite meals and extra exercise... :lol: :lol:

So my vet was right in guessing abut two months for her to get to a proper weight. Onwards... :dgwlk:

Yea Lily! I've heard good things about that spa, it's suppose to be the best in Ireland. :lol: :lol:

I need to go on my own regime, too... I'm better at making the dogs do as I say rather than do as I do... :lol:

Awww well done Lily! And well done Karlin for not falling for that sad little face and caving in with treats. She didn't look very overweight to me Karlin but maybe that's because all her hair disguises it plus she's quite small so that wouldn't help. I'm sure trying to keep up with your energetic boys will see her slim down in no time.

karlin said:
I need to go on my own regime, too... I'm better at making the dogs do as I say rather than do as I do... :lol:

I think we could all say that, I know I can! :lol:

miss lily

Karlin,
Great to hear miss lily is doing so well. Was looking forward to seeing her last Sunday. But hopefully soon.
Would love to see a photo!
Brid

Well she also rolled in deer poop this afternoon so now she is all washed and clean as well. :roll:

Has she had a name change too (Lara)? That's a bad sign icon_whistling , or a good one depending how you look at it ;)

She was named Lara by her first foster, Brid, but Leo kept thinking I was calling him once she came here, and a friend's daughter liked Lily, which Leo doesn't answer to. :lol: A lot of people on the board were introduced to her first as Lara. :)

She is finally turning properly white on her white bits. She was just so dingy. It has taken a fourth bath and a real scrubbing to finally get the fur to a normal cavalier white. I had actually thought she just had a lot of tan colour in her white fur but I think it is just a year or two of dirt. :yikes

karlin said:
She is finally turning properly white on her white bits. She was just so dingy. It has taken a fourth bath and a real scrubbing to finally get the fur to a normal cavalier white. I had actually thought she just had a lot of tan colour in her white fur but I think it is just a year or two of dirt. :yikes

Oh my word, poor darling :( She sounds like she was in the same state as Holly was when we brought her home for the first time.

By the time she left us to go to her new home she looked and behaved like a different dog. We couldn't believe how much white she actually had on her :yikes

So rewarding though, Karlin :lotsaluv:

Good job, Lily!!! Rory, on the other hand, is up to 20lbs. icon_blshing I guess I have to cut back his food even more... :(

You know it's bad when one of the street people hanging around the train station asks to pet the dogs, then after a few minutes of scratching Lily's belly he says, "You know she's very fat, love."

:lol: :lol:

I had to agree.

karlin said:
You know it's bad when one of the street people hanging around the train station asks to pet the dogs, then after a few minutes of scratching Lily's belly he says, "You know she's very fat, love."

:lol: :lol:

I had to agree.

Geez, she can hear ya know!

Poor Lily...she is going to need a therapist to deal with her inferiority complex if that keeps up :)

Karlin, Lilly sounds like shes getting on so well :p , it must be hard not to give the treats, but I'd say she loves going for her long walks in the park. She should def reach her target weight....with all the exercise, wish I could do the same myself.. :rotfl:

Back