• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best way to travel with your dog in the car?

RockNRollCav

I don't like traveling with my dogs in crates, and have seen a couple of different options for keeping them "safe", but which ones really do? I've seen the doggy seat belt that you attach to a harness, and the booster seat. Recommendations?

Thanks! :)

there are a number of threads already on the board on the subject, so you're bound to find tons of opinions by doing a search. There are a lot of options and opinions out there, so it's worth looking!

My two have doggy seat belts and travel fine in them. In fact, I would say that they are happier in them than they were with the dog guard. I think they feel more secure. They can still sit up or lay down in them so aren't too restricted but above all they are safe :D

It does cause no end of amusement from passers by when we stop off anywhere & plenty of people have actually stopped and asked about the seat belts as they wanted to get some for their own dogs.

If you do want to get them then make sure you get ones with a padded yoke part on them as some don't have them and these are far more comfortable for the dogs.

I have the RAC ones but i don't know of their availability in the USA.

Back