• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Meet Corgan's sisters - Celti & Luna!

RockNRollCav

When Corgan gets here, he'll already have 2 sisters, our Corgi-mix named "Celti (Kell-tee) and our kitty, Luna. Celti is really difficult to get photos of with her eaars UP - she looks at the camera with them back, but we finally got one!

172943463_52b44da2ea_m.jpg

Here's Celti!

172943465_55244bad6c_m.jpg

and here's Luna! :)

We're not sure how to introduce Corgan to Celti, because Celti can be quite territorial (one reason we wanted an older puppy). If you have any advice, or can point me to any other threads on this topic, I'd be forever grateful!

If the dog isn't too much in her face, she usually just growls and puts her ears back, but if the dog is jumping all over her and/or getting near her toys, she barks, growls, and snaps at the dog. She usually does well with dogs smaller than herself, so I'm hoping that Corgan being smaller than her will help.

We're going to start taking Celti to "play group" at the place where we're taking them for training next month. Play group is a monitored off-leash play that is supposed to teach dogs how to play nicely together. I'm really hoping this will help. Is there anything we can do at home to prepare in advance?

RockNRollCav said:
If the dog isn't too much in her face, she usually just growls and puts her ears back, but if the dog is jumping all over her and/or getting near her toys, she barks, growls, and snaps at the dog. She usually does well with dogs smaller than herself, so I'm hoping that Corgan being smaller than her will help.

We're going to start taking Celti to "play group" at the place where we're taking them for training next month. Play group is a monitored off-leash play that is supposed to teach dogs how to play nicely together. I'm really hoping this will help. Is there anything we can do at home to prepare in advance?

It sounds like she's resource guarding. You'll want to work with a trainer on how to curb this as she could really danger the pup considering the size difference, for one, and second, jumping all over and getting into toys, etc. is what pups do. They'll learn from her growls, etc. given it's now a multi-dog household, everyone needs to know how to appropriatley share. The playgroup will for sure help, but I would still work with a trainer on this, because it's not only an issue with other dogs, it's an issue where you don't have control, which isn't the relationship you want with your dog.

Thanks, Jen. I'll bring this up with the trainers after play group Monday night. By the way, I'm a "Jen" too, though I go by Jenni. :)

Back