• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I need help!

Moviedust

As I announced earlier, we've been approved to adopt Lucky Star's Torie. I received a call from the rescue this morning with some bad news. They dont have any available transfer volunteers between McHenry, IL (where Torie is now) and North East Kansas (where we are). It's about a ten hour drive one way.

Lucky Star says that if I can get friends to help out, that's perfectly fine. So now I am looking for some one-time only rescue train volunteers to help get Torie closer to us. Lucky Star would like to place her as soon as possible. I'm hoping that with a holiday weekend coming up (and the 4th being on a Tuesday!) some of our board friends might be able and willing to help get a rescue pup to her forever home this weekend.

If you're in the Illinois, Iowa, or Missouri areas and want to help get Torie home, please PM me. Hopefully, with enough help from our cavalier friends, Torie can get home.

Im sorry Moviedust if i lived near there i would glady help....and i would think there is a lot of ppl out there that would luv to help u....and i wish u and ur (soon the be) new kid the BEST!!!!!!! King sends his best wishes too

How soon do you need to have her begin her journey? I will be traveling by car from Indy to Abilene, Kansas the third week in July and would love to bring your girl to you. It's on my way! I'm not sure where McHenry, IL is but will check it out. If that date will work for you, consider it done.
:drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar: :drivecar:

JaneB

I live in Oklahoma, not sure if that is any help at all. I wish I could help! I have applied in the past to adopt a Lucky Star Cav. Haven't heard from them. Good luck with your new additon to the family!!! :flwr:

Hi, all. JaneB, that sounds great, but we've already made arrangements to pick up Torie this weekend.

My husband and I are going to rent a car and make the journey this weekend. Torie's foster mom has graciously agreed to take an hour or two off our drive and meet us in Rochelle, Illinois. So we'll drive there on Saturday, get the dog, and then return back on Sunday.

It will be a long weekend and it will be the biggest road trip I have ever taken in my life. It will also be my husband's first American roadtrip! (He's a british immigrant!) So our experiences will certainly be memorable!

It wasnt in the plans for the summer, but carpe diem!

Oh good luck with the journey, I'm sure you'll be fine :D Don't you know us Brits are famed for our sense of adventure? :lol:

Back