PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for names, please!

nlg679
27th June 2006, 01:46 AM
Hi!
I need help choosing a name for the little girl I am bringing home in August. I would like something British ...perhaps old fashioned.
Your ideas will be most welcome.

Thanks!
Nancy
Wet New Jersey
......will it ever stop raining??????????//

mlc4140
27th June 2006, 02:24 AM
I found this website that had some british names, maybe that will be helpful. Have fun choosing a name. I am getting a female blenheim this Friday and chose the name Sabrina. We tinkered around with the name Riley maybe spelling it Rhilee.

www.pets.htmlplanet.com/categ/girl-british-isles.html

nlg679
27th June 2006, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the link! ;)

Linda
27th June 2006, 04:07 AM
Got me thinking cap on Nancy, will ask me buddy Nicki if she can come up with something she is really really good at that.

Any particular letter ??????????????????

Maxxs_Mummy
27th June 2006, 10:43 AM
How about Charlotte (a female version of Charles) or Victoria - Queen Vic loved her CKCS's ...

Emily is very English and so is Emma - give me an initial and I will try and think of a nice English name for you LOL. If you're very lucky i might even throw in some Welsh ones that you won't be able to pronounce as well ;) :lol:

Karlin
27th June 2006, 12:06 PM
My aunt had pugs named Winnifred (Winnie) and Victoria. I always liked Winnie as a name!

nlg679
27th June 2006, 12:34 PM
I am open to any and all replies...can't do Emma as my little niece's name is Emma.

Keep the ideas coming!

brid kenny
27th June 2006, 05:21 PM
Thinking of names is great fun!!
When I got my two rabbits I chose names from my favourite film at the time so I picked Merry and Pippin from Lord of the RIngs!!
So I try and think of my favourite book at the time or something like that!!
What about characters from Shakespeare??
Cordelia, Ophelia??!!
Brid

Jen
27th June 2006, 05:37 PM
My aunt had pugs named Winnifred (Winnie) and Victoria. I always liked Winnie as a name!

Winnie is one of my favorites too. I also like Ramona; I think it's funny. I plan to use that for my next dog.

Alison_Leighfield
27th June 2006, 06:40 PM
My little Whitney gets shortened to "Winnie" it's a bit easier to call out when it follows the other three!

my contribution!...

Lara, Hattie, Tiffy & Mable, are all on my own "one day" list!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

nlg679
27th June 2006, 09:58 PM
Alison---
Honey Bee is quite cute.....
May I borrow? Miss Honey Bee....Hmmmmmm

Keep the ideas coming. ;)

Nancy
NJ

Mary
28th June 2006, 02:16 AM
Oh too bad you can't use the name Emma. I love that one. I had a Arab/Andalusian cross mare that I named The Divine Miss Emma and called her Emma. Victoria and Winnifred are also cool....Torie or Winnie for short.

Alison_Leighfield
28th June 2006, 07:42 AM
Nancy,

I would just love you to use Miss Honey-Bee, it would be a lovely idea, please, please do.

My Honey-Bee is the little blenheim, she was brought home after being rescued from a Welsh Puppy Farm last June. I thought of her name before I drove to collect her, and she is just that... a little "Honey-Bee" you couldn't get a sweeter little girl!

I am sure she would be most honoured.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
28th June 2006, 08:59 AM
Alison's right, her little Hunnybuns is so beautiful that to know her is to love her. She's such a little darling and no trouble at all. In fact, she's THE most gorgeous girlie doggy I've ever met. Does that tell you how much I love her ?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nlg679
28th June 2006, 12:57 PM
That is quite a possibility-Miss Honey Bee....very sweet name!
I also like Winnifred--Winnie for short.
I am keeping a list.
I think once I get up to look at litter I will get a better 'feel' for what fits. icon_whistling
Thanks for all of the ideas...keep them coming!

Nancy

molly
28th June 2006, 03:54 PM
Here's a website we used when thinking of names. Has lots of search capabilities and stuff. The pup will somehow name her self once you meet her as most puppies do :lol: :lol: . Bet you are getting excited!

http://www.bowwow.com.au/index.asp

JaneB
28th June 2006, 04:15 PM
How fun to select the "perfect" name. My grandkids are nuts over Disney so I have Flora and Fauna (is Merriweather out there somewhere?) I had a dear little tri that we lost way too soon. I loved her name - Beatrice. Old fashioned yet BeaBea was so sweet and fit her wonderfully. I have always thought some of the "older" names were much more fitting for our "old" breed. Maybe: Bette, Gertrude (Trudie), Frances (Frannie), Alberta (Bertie), Althea, (Thea), Candice (Candi), Dora, Hortence (maybe not :lol: ) Mable, Mildred (Millie), Penelope (Penny), Sophia, (Sophie) Thelma, Velma, Veronica (Ronnie) - - This could go on and on.

Whichever name you choose will be the right one. Good luck with your new baby.

JaneB

nlg679
28th June 2006, 05:00 PM
Beatrice is quite cute..... ;)
I love hearing all of these ideas!

Nancy

Linda
28th June 2006, 06:11 PM
Ebony, Clancy
Come on Nancy just call her Sassy be brave if Darby had been a little girl I would of definetely broke my chain of "D"s and called him SASSY.

I love that name.

nlg679
28th June 2006, 07:50 PM
Sassy....Hmmm.....sassy in a good way? or in a...."I'm going to give you a run for your money way?????

Sassy is going on the list ...It is cute and I like names that end in a y.

;)
Nancy

Harry & Heidi's mom
28th June 2006, 09:17 PM
Hi,

My daughters name is melissa, but her nickname is missy, and melissa mean "honey-bee" in latin.

Sassy is also a good one and is the name of the cat in the kids movie "Homeward Bound"

Linda
29th June 2006, 02:37 AM
Sassy....Hmmm.....sassy in a good way? or in a...."I'm going to give you a run for your money way?????

Sassy is going on the list ...It is cute and I like names that end in a y.

;)
Nancy

That all depends on her personality, but I just love that name.
Come on Nancy do it, do it, do it.
Be different, I would. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

nlg679
29th June 2006, 03:37 AM
You know Linda...I wish you lived closer!
You just have a way of putting things that cracks me up!
I really feel like you would be someone I would want to laugh with on a daily basis!
:lol:
Nancy

Maxxs_Mummy
29th June 2006, 10:14 AM
How about Bronté after the famous literary sisters?

Linda
29th June 2006, 11:55 AM
You know Linda...I wish you lived closer!
You just have a way of putting things that cracks me up!
I really feel like you would be someone I would want to laugh with on a daily basis!
:lol:
Nancy

Oh your so kind, I actually wish I lived closer to alot of members on this board. Would be great if we all had little spaceships that we got to just hop in with our cavaliers that ran on AIR> :yikes :yikes :yikes

Now saying all of that, JUST DO IT GIRL
TAKE A CHANCE, I WILL TAKE ALL RESPONSIBILITY IF THE NAME DOES NOT SUIT HER. CAUSE I WILL COME OVER WITH MR. SASSY DARBY AND HE WILL HELP PUT SOME SPUNK INTO HER. :p :p :rotfl:

I thought Darby was going to be a little Angel too you know but somehow someway somewhere THINGS HAVE A WAY OF CHANGING. :yikes :yikes

Anyways come on, you can be different.

You do realize I am going to keep bugging you, bye the way you do have a :drivecar: you could always :drivecar: here.

Mary
29th June 2006, 12:34 PM
I have a little girl named Sassafrass and call her Sassy! It is a great name...come on do it! We need another Sassy!!

Linda
29th June 2006, 12:38 PM
I have a little girl named Sassafrass and call her Sassy! It is a great name...come on do it! We need another Sassy!!

Now Mary you are my kind of gal, pressure her.
She can take it, she is a teacher. :D :D :D :D :D

SASSY, SASSY, SASSY, SASSY.

TEDDY, TEDDY, TEDDY, TEDDY & NANCY, NANCY, NANCY, NANCY.
You have to do it, or this is going to be the longest thread ever and you are going to have to go for time-out. Then you will be :cry*ing:
:cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing:

Sorry when is Sassy coming home again ?????? :D :D :D :D

Mary
29th June 2006, 12:42 PM
You will love the name Sassy...Nancy! It is one of those feel good names. Makes you feel good just to say it!! icon_whistling

Linda
29th June 2006, 12:48 PM
I totally agree with Mary.

I am going to be :cry*ing: :cry*ing: :cry*ing: all day.

I look after a little girl, and I have been calling her Sassy for years now.
Her entire family call her that now too, and she is so sweet NANCY.

nlg679
29th June 2006, 12:50 PM
I'm going to try and get to see the litter this afternoon...if not, I am definitely going next week after the holiday.
Now...I've been thinking and thinking....and I am going in a whole different direction here...please give me your support...
What do you think of the name..................
Katydid? And, of course, Katy for short, and of course, when she does something outrageously good (or naughty) I can say....
KATYDID WHAT?????????

Linda
29th June 2006, 12:51 PM
I'm going to try and get to see the litter this afternoon...if not, I am definitely going next week after the holiday.
Now...I've been thinking and thinking....and I am going in a whole different direction here...please give me your support...
What do you think of the name..................
Katydid? And, of course, Katy for short, and of course, when she does something outrageously good (or naughty) I can say....
KATYDID WHAT?????????
NOPE, TURN BACK.
I AM NOT SUPPORTING YOU ANYMORE.
YOU ARE RUINING MY FUN. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Linda
29th June 2006, 01:08 PM
I am over here too you know. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Me and Sassy. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Mary
29th June 2006, 01:09 PM
Katydid is a great name also. Just remember to keep an open mind. Once that pup is in your arms that is when you will know for sure what her name should be. My Annie was going to be Willow before I got her. Well she arrived and Willow did not fit this chunky little redhead. Tried every name in the book and nothing suited her. On the day I picked her up my good friend Anne's granddaughter died. I was thinking of Anne and her sadness and said "oh Annie". Well this chunky little redhead started bouncing all over like "that is it...that's the one" and Annie it was. Interesting part is a couple weeks later when I got her registration papers in the mail it turns out her Mother's name was Lexie. My friends granddaughter that died was named Alexus or Lexie....it was meant to be for sure. So Annie is Lexie's little Annie. I am so excited for you. Nothing like a new pup to jumpstart the heart!

Mary
29th June 2006, 01:13 PM
But you know what that means Linda if Nancy's pup is not Sassy.....I see in Linda's future a little red girl named Sassy! icon_whistling

nlg679
29th June 2006, 01:17 PM
Oh Mary, your story about Annie is precious...definitely meant to be....

Linda
29th June 2006, 01:32 PM
But you know what that means Linda if Nancy's pup is not Sassy.....I see in Linda's future a little red girl named Sassy! icon_whistling
Definetely, if my breeder would of had a female Ruby Sassy it would have been.

Nancy where are you.

I see you got my email and Pm.

I won't be getting another Cavalier for at least 10 years.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I have to wait that long to have a Sassy.
No Fair, our house is not big enough for 3 dogs.
But Nancy yours is, I see those gorgeous floors in your avatar.

nlg679
29th June 2006, 01:41 PM
Linda!
Now you BEHAVE!!!!
I shine those floors MYSELF!!!!
Thanks for noticing ;) ;) ;)

Linda
29th June 2006, 01:44 PM
Linda!
Now you BEHAVE!!!!
I shine those floors MYSELF!!!!
Thanks for noticing ;) ;) ;)

I actually meant to tell you about those floors a while back, what is your secret.

I think you need to share, since you have me all upset and balling my eyes out.
Poor Dudley & Darby don't know what is wrong with me. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

nlg679
29th June 2006, 01:46 PM
Murphy's Oil Soap...
ANd...it smells soooooo clean...matter of fact, I will be out there tomorrow washing and drying them on my hands and knees.....
Oh the humanity!

Linda
29th June 2006, 01:50 PM
Murphy's Oil Soap...
ANd...it smells soooooo clean...matter of fact, I will be out there tomorrow washing and drying them on my hands and knees.....
Oh the humanity!

We'll after all this abuse you should come and do mine. :yikes :yikes :yikes

Plus if you don't call the Puppy Sassy, you better change your username
or maybe I should. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

nlg679
29th June 2006, 01:52 PM
I've NEVER had a thread this long before.....feeling quite popular.
Keep it going, Linda....
I'm feeling a bit "Karlin-esque" here :jump:

Linda
29th June 2006, 01:52 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm Mary, what happened.
Don't be scared of her she is only a teacher. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Who may fail my child. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

Linda
29th June 2006, 01:54 PM
I've NEVER had a thread this long before.....feeling quite popular.
Keep it going, Linda....
I'm feeling a bit "Karlin-esque" here :jump:

Do you remeber that 19 page Thread about Darby ??????

Of course you are popular my dear, we luv ya.

Mary
29th June 2006, 01:56 PM
Oh Linda...you and I know that when that little pup is in her arms and looking up into her eyes...all she will hear in her little head is Sassy, Sassy
SassySassySassySaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss yyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

Linda
29th June 2006, 01:59 PM
Oh Linda...you and I know that when that little pup is in her arms and looking up into her eyes...all she will hear in her little head is Sassy, Sassy
SassySassySassySaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss yyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
SHE WILL, She said she is going for a visit this wkd.
To see Sassy.

nlg679
29th June 2006, 02:45 PM
I'm driving up this morning to see the pups...will bring camera and post photos real soon! :jump:

Mary
29th June 2006, 10:57 PM
So Nancy...we are waiting for pics of lil Miss Sassy!! ;)

Linda
29th June 2006, 11:15 PM
So Nancy...we are waiting for pics of lil Miss Sassy!! ;)

ditto Nancy

I am heading north tommorow for the holiday wkd, and I won't be around to bug you so get those d%$n pictures posted.

Maxxs_Mummy
30th June 2006, 12:22 AM
Aren't you back yet, Nancy? I need a puppy fix..... :roll: :lol:

Cathy Moon
30th June 2006, 12:40 AM
Hi Everyone! Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth! I love all the names, including Sassy. Another cute name for a little ruby Cav is Fergie!

(Actually, India's mother's name is Lady Sarah Ferguson!) :flwr:

molly
30th June 2006, 01:09 AM
Well, you all, my vote is split! I love the name Sassy...it was the name of my first dog, an adorable black cocker spaniel and the very first love of my life!

But my little ruby's name is Katie Did It! And we call her Katie-Did all the time! (Among other things.)

There's also Kiss me Kate for a registered name. Oh you will have such fun Nancy naming that little sweetie!

Now, Linda, when are you having a party and inviting us all to Canada? icon_whistling icon_whistling We could all rent a bus and come!

Now, Nancy, you are by me in NJ. I hope I get to see the little darling!

Linda
30th June 2006, 01:22 AM
Well, you all, my vote is split! I love the name Sassy...it was the name of my first dog, an adorable black cocker spaniel and the very first love of my life!

But my little ruby's name is Katie Did It! And we call her Katie-Did all the time! (Among other things.)

There's also Kiss me Kate for a registered name. Oh you will have such fun Nancy naming that little sweetie!

Now, Linda, when are you having a party and inviting us all to Canada? icon_whistling icon_whistling We could all rent a bus and come!

Now, Nancy, you are by me in NJ. I hope I get to see the little darling!

Hey Molly
Are you sure you can handle me, I am a real party girl you know.

That Nancy is busy baking for company this wkd, I am having 30 people coming up north and you can see where my allegience (sp) is. :yikes :yikes :yikes

Nancy did I say that, hey Molly come on get on that bus or your little Granny Go Cart.
I would love to have you all come to CANADA.

Just remember I am a sociable butterfly. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

Nope she has to call her Sassy she has no idea what she is in for. icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

I LUV YOU NANCY :lotsaluv:

molly
30th June 2006, 01:39 AM
Nancy: you could name her Sassy Katie and get that Linda off your back! icon_whistling icon_whistling

Linda: with the price of :drivecar: these days, I would have to take my little old ladies cart to Canada. would only take about 6 weeks to get there! But it gets 100 miles to the gallon!

Now Linda, I think both Nancy and I could give you a run for your money party wise. :w*w: :fool: Us Jersey girls partied in diapers and are real pros now!

nlg679
30th June 2006, 01:43 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/nlg679/DSC_0266.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/nlg679/DSC_0259.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/nlg679/DSC_0253.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/nlg679/DSC_0251.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/nlg679/DSC_0268.jpg

My two choices from litter on 5/26...girls are 5 weeks old!
Can't wait til I can bring one home on exactly August 13th.....will know which one is mine by the time all clearances come through! The other two pups in litter are going to show...or be kept by breeder and I want the tri but will be happy with either sweet girl!
I am sooooo happy and excited :jump:

Linda
30th June 2006, 02:18 AM
Oh Nancy they are both stunning, just beautiful.
Imagine making us wait for pictures of those little babies while you baked.

Now here is what I think you should do

The tri absolutely looks like a Sassy and the bleinham absolutely looks like a Katie.

So what do you think about that ?????
Your hands don't look too rough to me, with all that baking and floor pollishing that you are doing.

Your a pretty hot babe yourself :wggle: :wggle: :*nana:

Sasssssssssssssssssssssssssssy

Linda
30th June 2006, 02:27 AM
Nancy: you could name her Sassy Katie and get that Linda off your back! icon_whistling icon_whistling

Linda: with the price of :drivecar: these days, I would have to take my little old ladies cart to Canada. would only take about 6 weeks to get there! But it gets 100 miles to the gallon!

Now Linda, I think both Nancy and I could give you a run for your money party wise. :w*w: :fool: Us Jersey girls partied in diapers and are real pros now!

Hey Molly watch it you know deep down she really really wants to call her Sassy she is just trying to be reserved.

I won't get of her back, she likes it she even told me so.
So There :rotfl:

We'll Molly I guess you had better get on your Granny Cart and get movin and I will see you sometime in August.

You are forgetting that my background is Scottish and I will have you know that the Scots and Irish are real real party girls.

You go get in your cart and bring all the crew with you two. :drivecar: :drivecar:

Isn't it funny, how you just connect with some folk.
I want a realy picture of you baby not that fake Granny Cart Picture.
I bet your a hoot at parties, your my kind of gal.

Stop telling her to call that puppy Katie she needs to come out of her shell.

I know she is going to end up calling her Katie though but it was fun. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

nlg679
30th June 2006, 02:30 AM
Linda....
Nobody knows how special these dogs are if they have never experienced the love they give!!!!
Before I got Teddy....3 summers ago, I was sitting on the beach reading a 'dummies' book about dog breeds. My niece went through it, and I told her I wanted a small dog with personality. I originally wanted to get a puppy because my dad had been in a bad accident and was rehabbing at home and he was just knocked down so hard I thought a dog would be therapeutic. Well, my niece picked out the cavalier---had NEVER heard of them!!!!
I researched around here and POOF! WOund up with Teddy who is more than just a dog---he is the most loyal friend I could have!!!
God bless these dogs! NEVER thought I would be here again, gettting another!
I am sooo happy! :wggle:

Mary
30th June 2006, 02:31 AM

Linda I think you have been challenged by the Jersey party girls icon_whistling !!

Both babes are totally adorable Nancy. Maybe it is best the choice will be made for you..how could you choose between the two..I couldn't. They have great faces...I love the schmushy muzzles....the schmushier the better! August 13 is only 45 days away!!!!!!!

Linda
30th June 2006, 02:57 AM
Linda I think you have been challenged by the Jersey party girls !!

I am ready, I am going to get a head start.
I am having a party for Canada on Saturday eh, and on Sunday I am having 30 people for dinner and another party for my son.

So you better hurry up, you come along to Mary and don't forget your
puppies. :dgwlk:

Oh I can't forget about my best friend Nicki she needs a holiday.
Come on Nicki :jump:

Alison_Leighfield
30th June 2006, 07:36 AM
Linda,

......and Nicki's friend Alison needs a holiday as well, can she come !!!!! and Alisons friend Donna needs a holiday toooo, can she come !!!

Oh fab, sounds like a ball, have fun girls!!! :jump:

Nancy the pups are beautiful, OMG just so beautiful! :luv: :luv: take both! :lol:

My choice would be the Tri, lovely markings, nice and white, looks like a Winnie to me though...... :D yep a Winnie for sure!

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
30th June 2006, 12:01 PM
Sounds good to me Alison :lol:

Linda, those pups are just soooooooooooo beautiful but that Tri.... I could just eat her for dinner, she is too yummy for words :lol:

I have one of each but there is just something about tri's, I could have a houseful of them - not sure hubby would agree though :( .

One thing's for sure, whichever one of them you end up with, you'll get a heart and a lifetime full of love :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv: :lotsaluv:

Linda
30th June 2006, 12:33 PM
Linda,

......and Nicki's friend Alison needs a holiday as well, can she come !!!!! and Alisons friend Donna needs a holiday toooo, can she come !!!

Oh fab, sounds like a ball, have fun girls!!! :jump:

Nancy the pups are beautiful, OMG just so beautiful! :luv: :luv: take both! :lol:

My choice would be the Tri, lovely markings, nice and white, looks like a Winnie to me though...... :D yep a Winnie for sure!

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Alison, Donna

You are both very very welcome to come, would'nt it be super if we could
all meet up and have a super duper holiday.

I am actually saving my pennies, as one day I am coming back to Scotland to see Nicki & The Boys that includes Trevor.
May be a few years but I am, I don't have much family left in Scotland
but my son would love to come.

Hope you all have a marvellous wkd, I am heading north much earlier than planned.
I have some super parents that are all picking up the kids at lunchtime so
I can leave, hubby will join me with the boys tonight as they have to work until 11:00 p.m.

Talk to you all when I get back, I know Sassy would of been a perfect name for Darby but it really is more suitable for a girl and Nancy's Tri.

I will be checking the board the minute I get back don't let up on her.
Sassy Sassy Sassy

Maxxs_Mummy
30th June 2006, 12:55 PM
Linda,

As soon as I win the lottery, we are all jumping on the next plane over :lol: . When you go to stay with Nicki, you are also welcome to come and stay here too. I have plenty of room and I'm sure you'll need a Cavalier fix :lol: Have a great weekend xxxx

nlg679
30th June 2006, 03:15 PM
Linda--
Have a wonderful weekend! We're just praying for SUN here..ya know that big yellow thing up in the sky?
Send some down here---I am a big baseball fan and my METS were in Canada last weekend and the weather there was GORGEOUS!!!

Have a safe trip ---give Dudley and Darby hugs from their "Sassy" Auntie Nancy ! ;)

Nicki
1st July 2006, 10:24 AM
oooohhh I'd missed all this...holiday plans YAY!!!! I'm off to get my passport!!!!

It would be so wonderful wouldn't it?

I wish we could have transporters {ok I confess I used to watch Star Trek!} then we could visit whenever we wanted - I'm sure the pups would soon get used to it.

One day...when my premium bond comes up!...I'm going to buy a camper van and treck through the UK doing some visiting :lol: Lulu you can fly over and come with me Sweetie :D we'll do a girlies road trip but my wee boys will have to come as chaperones LOL

Nicki
1st July 2006, 10:28 AM
SOrry Nancy just catching up here....those pups are just stunning, I love the wee Tri too, and that expression in the 2nd photo is priceless...definitely a SASSY then!!

The wee Blen. is pretty too, my Westie was a Katie - a "what Katie did next" sort of girl :lol:

I'm sure whicever one you have will be wonderful, they look a super litter.

I think the Blen looks like a Miss Honey-Bee too, that would really suit her.

My tri was Princess Peaches, only hubby always said she should be Empress :D

labboyer
2nd July 2006, 01:09 AM
I always wanted to name a female Cav "Kensington", but it's just too much of a mouthful, perhaps. And a nickname doesn't readily come to mind. (Kensie?)

Linda
4th July 2006, 03:49 AM
I love the wee Tri too, and that expression in the 2nd photo is priceless...definitely a SASSY then!!

Way to go Nicki, you tell her luv. :lotsaluv:

I am back Nancy, had a wonderful wonderful wkd.

Nicki I am coming with you for the road trip. :D :D :D :D

nlg679
6th August 2006, 01:58 PM
My breeder is taking her pups for health clearances this Friday, the 11th...if all goes well, I am taking home a puppy on Sunday August 13th.
I feel like a child counting down the day's 'til her birthday (altho' these days I have to start memorizing how old I will be at each birthday, hahaha!)...anywho--I am nervous and excited all at once.
Sorry if I am boring you all! :wink:

Nancy
New Jersey

Mary
6th August 2006, 02:07 PM
Boring??? Bite your tongue...we love puppy news! :w**h**: :w**h**: :w*w: :dgwlk: ...only 7 more days!!!!!!!

Charleen
6th August 2006, 02:20 PM
Nancy - do you know yet which puppy will be yours? I looked back on the thread and you said that it was between a blenheim and a tri girl. Which is it? Have you picked out the name?

nlg679
6th August 2006, 02:43 PM
Barring any problems ( health clearances ) the tri girl will come home with me...Katydid, Katy for short. BUT, either girl will be fine with me as cavaliers are wonderful, spectacular dogs! ;)

Charleen
6th August 2006, 03:12 PM
Nancy - Love the name! I can't wait to read about your homecoming. One more week to go, you must be so excited.

nlg679
12th August 2006, 05:39 PM
okay...so you know when you have a feeling that something is wrong and you get a message on the phone from your breeder and you sense something not quite right in her voice???
Well, puppies went for health clearances yesterday...
I was expecting all day to hear from my breeder as I was to take home pup tomorrow. I was waiting for a happy email to tell me to give her a call so we can set a time tomorrow to come up and get Katydid.....
Nothing.
So, I go out for the evening because a watched pot never boils.
I return at about 10:30pm to a message from breeder that is sounding not quite right ...instead of the happy message, I get a message to give her a call when i can. I called this morning. There is a problem, the robust tri has been on an oral antibiotic for fluid in lungs (probably a result from slurping mom's milk or ...from ceasarian...who knows) the cough was concerning as the antibiotics had been administered for about a week. Breeder took her to the hospital last evening and she is now on i.v. antibiotic BUT had gained and has steadily gained weight all the while. She was weighed last nite and was 4.7 pounds...a gain of 4 ounces just this week. She is up and playing and playful and eating at the hospital.
Prognosis is good but there are no guarantees...my breeeder is cautious and I appreciate this.
Now I have to make tough decisions.....
In my heart I think this illness is a setback but not a message to give up on her. The breeder could not say enough about this little love-bug and she feels terrible for me and knows that if things go well she would be best placed with me....but if things deteriorate-the costs are overwhelming and lets just not go there-i don't want to think about it until we give the pup a good 24 to 36 hours on i.v. and further doctor evaluation.
I am going up Monday morning and must decide on this pup or alternate because I am first pick on list and she has many people in line after me for the other pups.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I had a gut feeling this week that something was up---I have everything ready but did not want to pick up her puppy food yet because I knew something was unsettled.
I need cold hard advice ---especially from you breeders.
I am positive but then again, I do not want to have my head stuck in the clouds either. I need direction----Katydid needs the power of all of your positive thoughts! :wink:
Thanks for listening!
Nancy
NJ

Alison_Leighfield
12th August 2006, 06:37 PM
If it was me I would ask the breeder to keep her a while longer, say 2-3 wks and see how she is then after another vet check.

If you have your concerns and worries then you must be having them for a reason, is your sensible conscience telling you one thing but your heart another?

Really think this through, she may be fine but she could also be a poorly little one, you need to deceide if you can cope with taking this chance....your breeder obviously understands and it sounds like there is no pressure for you to take her.

I don't see how she could carry on and re-sell her though if she isn't 100% fit and well, that isn't right. You should be given more time to see if she improves.

Looking after a poorly dog full time takes alot of patience and time, and although not such an important factor as the time needed you will also need money as well.

So it's back to the beginning.....ask the breeder to have her a few more weeks....give her the chance to come good for you.....and if this isn't an option and it will be heart breaking....I would walk away.

Hope all turns out well, thinking about you,

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
12th August 2006, 07:07 PM
Hi Nancy I think you need a hug {{{{{{{{Nancy}}}}}}}} I think I would do as Alison says but maybe if you really liked one of the others in the litter to go for that one instead - depends on how long she would wait.

Do you desparately want one from this particular littler or not is the thing as well. If you say you'll have this one but wait then would you lose the chance of another if anything went badly?

I really feel for you, the breeder and the poor darling furbaby :( I really, really hope she gets well soon xxxxx

nlg679
12th August 2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks Donna, Thanks Alison, for your support.
This summer would be the time to have a puppy as I have to go back to work in September(I teach). Then the sweet blenheim was health checked by cardiologist in Red Bank (very prestigious clinic in Northeast) and he heart a murmer but feels is is a puppy murmer as pups are 11 weeks old...he put this in writing on the papers.
I have been googling everything on the internet. I feel that things will turn out okay....but i am heartbroken for the pup. She has been healthy all along and making strides weight wise and breeder has been crying buckets over tri girl as she has the personality of a sweet love-bug.
My gut says all will end well but nothing is easy these days...my dad is experiencing major depression over the loss of his cognitive skills this past two weeks (alzheimers) and the only saving grace for him is my Teddy...he keeps asking when is the puppy coming home....I haven't broken the news to him yet. I will when he asks again :( .
Please pray for puppy....I am going over to the breeders monday morning and if tri has not made major strides I am very tempted to take home blenheim with murmer....Darn it....this is rough. I have no children and always dreamed I would...my doggie is the closest thing to it.
Go back and look at the photos I posted of these two ladies....I am getting all squishy now and not very objective.

Nancy
NJ

nlg679
12th August 2006, 07:23 PM
P.s...cardiologist expert with cavaliers feels the puppy murmer will go away......just a puppy thing. He is putting this on papers.report

Nancy

Maxxs_Mummy
12th August 2006, 07:31 PM
Oh Nancy, I don't know what I would do. They are both delicious but I can see why you went for the Tri - she just has that pouty baby face :l*v:

Sorry, I'm less use than a chocolate fireguard!

Maybe you could ask the breeder if you take the Blenheim & the Tri works out well, could she let you have her for free..... ;) :lol:

Alison_Leighfield
12th August 2006, 08:18 PM
Nancy,

With all your interests at heart here please don't take a pup with a murmer "hoping" that all will turn out well, it doesn't always work like that, with it already noted on her records with a murmer then your insurance company may then not cover this problem once written down....this could then prove very expensive later on for you.

This is an awful situation, you have waited so long and have fallen in love with her before she has even come to you..... I feel that what you really need here is a healthy pup from day 1 of coming home with you as you have alot of other situations to consider also like your work hours and your dads health.....a poorly pup could be a strain on you.

Please ask if your breeder will watch your little Tri for a while, this seems reasonable to me....if I were the breeder I would watch and keep her for you until you were happy to take her and would also offer to take her back if her health got any worse and you felt you couldn't cope.

Please Nancy don't be dis-heartened, there are other puppies at other times, please think hard about your choice now, you will have the health and the care for years to come of your new little one.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
12th August 2006, 08:45 PM
OMG I've just seen your post with the murmur message in it. NO WAY please don't go for a baby with a murmur or any heart problems.

Cathy Moon
12th August 2006, 10:23 PM
Nancy, just read this thread - so sorry about what is happening with the pups. It must be difficult since you've had your heart set on getting a healthy puppy tomorrow.

I hope you do not feel pressured into taking one of these puppies until a little time has passed and their health status is a little clearer. It seems like the breeder is in a hurry, does it seem that way to you? With the Tri baby, she should let her get stabilized before anyone has to make a decision! If you really wanted the Tri, does it make sense to wait and see how she does?

It is up to you, and what you feel is best, so really we're here to support you! :flwr:

nlg679
12th August 2006, 10:33 PM
Hi Cathy,
No, she 's not in a hurry..just knows my summer schedule and my best laid plans. The thing is I need to make tough decisions and I think when I speak to her tomorrow...I will go up Monday Morning and look at what is available and come to a healthy decision for all of us. She is no way is pressuring me...she will probably keep the tri and barring astronomical expenses, love the dog which has touched her heart.
THere was a litter of blenheims born two weeks after this litter and I think, I was in a whirlwind listening to her on the phone today, that I could choose from that litter as well but decisions need to be made because even tho' I have first dibs...we planned this LAST OCTOBER...all pups have families waiting in the wings for them!!! :? :p :p :p
I am going to think long and hard tonite and do a lot of soul searching and then sleep on it.
She is going away with her kids next weekend, she and another breeder work together and are close and help each other out but my decision needs to be made, as i have said.

Send me good thoughts and pray I make the right decision.

Nancy

Cathy Moon
12th August 2006, 10:47 PM
Yes, I will do that!

Forest
13th August 2006, 01:52 AM
Prayers for you Nancy and the very difficult decision you have to make. I can't imagine what you are going through. What would be the prognosis for the little tri girl if she gets over this illness? Is there any longterm damage or is it a one off illness? She is such a beautiful little pup. I hope everything works out for the best what ever decision you make.
Julie and the girls

nlg679
13th August 2006, 01:59 AM
Thank you sooo much Julie.
Except for the cough which sounded like it was breaking up yesterday before she took her into the hospital...no symptoms. Just eating and playing and loving like a normal pudgy puppy! No fever, only slightly elevated white count. Now she is on i.v. antibiotics.
I will hear from her tomorrow with more news, prognosis and any strides the baby has made in getting the mucous coughed up and hopefully out of her lungs. She was not presenting as a seriously sick pup but she is a pup and illness can take its toll on a youngster.
I am trying to clear my mind and look at this in the most pro-active and positive way...
Thank you for your post-I appreciate it more than you know! ;)
Nancy

mlc4140
13th August 2006, 02:02 AM
Our prayers are with you Nancy!!

nlg679
13th August 2006, 02:13 AM
Oh thank you Michelle!
Keep the positive energy coming my way! ;)

Nancy

nlg679
13th August 2006, 02:30 PM
Just heard from the breeder this morning and puppy is doing great and coming home today---but breeder says, it is no guarantee, but she is can't make guarantees --no one can!!! I would worry if she did.
She wants me to come up tomorrow morning and look at ALL the other pups as well and make my decision. I am top on the list and I need to make my decision so she can tell everyone waiting behind me.
I will see her and the others.
I think this is goood news.
Cautiously optimistic.........

Nancy
NJ

Maxxs_Mummy
13th August 2006, 02:49 PM
Fingers and paws all crossed for you here, Nancy xxx

nlg679
13th August 2006, 02:53 PM
Breeder just talked to the doctor again and he says she has had marked improvement and indicates this will not be a future concern or indication of a prolonged problem in the future. Breeder is picking her up at 6:00 tonight and will call me with more details.
I am going up tomorrow morning to see for myself and make major decision.
Please continue to send positive energy and prayers for the little tri girl---she is sooo special--
Thank you all for helping me out--I think i would go bonkers if i did not have anyone to share this with or to listen and offer sound advice.

Nancy

queenscourtcavaliers
13th August 2006, 03:33 PM
Please be very careful here. It sounds like the tri puppy may have something called pulmonary stenosis. It makes fluid back up in their lungs. Do the blenheim puppies and the tri pup have the same sire or same bloodilne? I am only asking because I know of a top breeder in the US that has two litters of heart affected puppies right now but she is trying her best to hush it up and sell the pups. PDA is a murmer and is a hole in the heart that should close up at birth. If a puppy has PDA or a murmer it can be closed surgically or it will only live about a year.
Don't get your heart broken any more than you absolutely have to.
How far do you have to drive to see the puppies? I would definatly have them checked by a cardiologist of my choosing before I accepted a puppy.
Good luck and please be careful. Breeders that sell sick or heart affected puppies are no different than buying from a pet store.

I have a friend that has a puppy with pulmonary stenosis and she is feverishly searching for a cardiologist to try to fix her baby.

You really do need hugs now.
I am very sorry because I know you had your heart set on this baby.

Becky

nlg679
13th August 2006, 03:52 PM
Puppies from both litters were all health tested on Friday at Red Bank Vet Hospital by certified doctors..this is a very prestigious hospital in NJ. The blenheim girl has a murmer...so, she is out of the question for me even if it is just a puppy murmer now-I don't like my odds with this. The tri girl is a fighter and received all her heart, patella, eyes clearances on Friday.
I thank you for your grounding input--this is emotional and I clearly need to be grounded.

Mary
13th August 2006, 04:07 PM
Best of luck Nancy. Wish this didn't have to be so difficult for you. Hoping 6 months from now you will have that lovely little tri bouncy and healthy tugging and chewing and causing fun all over the house and this will all just be an "adventure" to share when people compliment you on your lovely pup. Good luck.

matties mum
13th August 2006, 04:41 PM
Hope everthing works out for the best will be thinking of you tomorrow :xfngr: Aileen

queenscourtcavaliers
13th August 2006, 04:50 PM
I sure hope everything works out for you too. The breeder was honest with you so hopefully that will make you feel more secure in your decision. Like you, I would have to pass on the puppy with the murmur. It may just be a puppy thing but I also would not want to take a chance.
I know you have waited a long time for this baby and I hope this will soon be a distant worry and you will be enjoying your new baby.

Becky

Alison_Leighfield
13th August 2006, 05:01 PM
Everything crossed for you Nancy, you will know what to do.

Let us know any news? hope it all works out for the best. :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.k.

nlg679
14th August 2006, 06:33 PM
Hi Everyone,
I spent the morning with my breeder and came to the best decision for all of us (puppy too!)
THe breeder is keeping the litttle tri girl fow the time being...at least another month to get her back to total health.
She introduced me to the other pups in that May litter that were available and the pups in her June Litter. I got to see the mamas again ----they live with her and I got to see Teddy's mama (she is the one that had the June litter).
Well, breeder knows best...she introduced me to Teddy's sister....(June Litter) .the exact same breeding as Teddy. She loooks sooooo much like Teddy it is amazing...has the same beauty mark as Teddy but on the opposite side of her Mouth!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Guess who will be coming home with me in a couple of days?????
She is a real cutie pie....Ted's mama and Ted himself can be quite exhuberant--this little girl (breeder says) is a little on the calm side.
Nice match for Teddy, HUH???

I am at peace with my decision...with my dad's health ...I needed to start with a totallly healthy pup.

Jen
14th August 2006, 06:45 PM
Congrats Nancy! How exciting. What will you name her? :D

Alison_Leighfield
14th August 2006, 07:40 PM
Fantastic news Nancy, I just knew you would come good on this one :flwr:

You had a lot to think about with your work and your dads health, and yes you do need a 100% healthy puppy to start with.....it's wonderful news indeed.

I do hope the little Tri girl makes a full recovery, let us know about her when you can.

Alison, wilts, U.k.

Linda
14th August 2006, 07:41 PM
Oh Dear Lord Nancy

I am just reading this thread now, I am so so sorry that you had to emotionally endure all of this difficulty. I feel absolutely terrible for you, I know how excited you were about bringing this little Katy home.

Although I do think as hard as it may of been I truly believe you have made the right decision for yourself and your Dad. (Bless Him)

I am a very emotional person, and cannot even begin to feel your pain.
But you sound positive and you do not want to start out with problems when it is not necessary.

I am glad that you came to your decision and are at peace with it, I was thinking of you on the wkd.
Sorry have had a bit of an upset myself around here.

I truly believe things happen for a reason. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Thinking of you Sweetie.

matties mum
14th August 2006, 08:11 PM
:) So glad everthing work out for you and your Dad and will love to see photos and her name as well :jump: Aileen

queenscourtcavaliers
14th August 2006, 08:16 PM
Nancy,
I just knew things would work out for you. I am so very glad you are getting a healthy beautiful baby. I can't wait to see pictures. After she gets adjusted I bet she will give Teddy a run for his money.
Congratulations and I look forward to seeing pictures.
Becky :flwr:

Charleen
14th August 2006, 09:40 PM
Congratulations Nancy - this sounds like the best decision for everyone involved. You know it is the right decision when you have a sense of peace about it.

Can't wait to see pictures & hear what TedBear thinks of his new playmate.

mlc4140
14th August 2006, 10:08 PM
Nancy,

I am so happy for you that things worked out. Congratulations!!! :jump:

nlg679
14th August 2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks Michelle...I am a bit of a goof, tho'....in all the excitement!
It is Teddy's sister who had the litter of blenheims in June so.....actually, Teddy will be Katy's (Katydid) uncle! :sl*p:
I can't wait to pick her up on THursday morning and then, post photos....I think all's well that ends well and I do think this is a happy ending.
I so respect the breeder and all of her input...she even told me that when she saw this little girl develop, she thought she would be a perfect choice for me. ;)
Lesson learned:DON"T count your chickens before they are hatched! translation:Dont' take a bunch of photos of pups at 5 weeks and before health clearances ;) !
I hope Teddy will adjust and not feel tooo bent out of shape--the spoiled little boy!
THanks for getting me through this crazy time!

P.S.
My dad is THRILLED about another blenheim :D !

Nancy

Mary
15th August 2006, 12:53 AM
Oh yay Nancy! I have been waiting all day to get home from work and find out what happened at the breeders. Sounds like everything worked out perfectly. Your heart always finds the right pup for you! I am so excited for you and can not wait to see pictures of Katy and hear how she and Teddy get along.

nlg679
15th August 2006, 01:03 AM
Thank you Mary!
And a BIG thank you to everyone who showed me their concern and empathy. Boy, does it feel great to know that the friends here really care and understand our love for these very special dogs! :flwr:
As I watched and played with all of these cavaliers this morning, boy, they are indeed, the most friendly, kind, breed. So gentle!
I told Teddy that he is getting a 'sister' on Thursday and I SWEAR he started sniffing the scent of all those pups left behind on my clothes today, he was looking for the pup! ;)
Really, I haven't lost my mind, just increased my love for these cavaliers!
Teddy never left my side this summer when I had contracted that nasty lyme disease...at one point I asked him to go get is mom-mom for me====YES he looked at me quizzically (sp?) I repeated the direction again and he ran downstairs and across the house and started barking at my mum!!!
Can't wait til Thursday morning!!!
Nancy ;) and the loyal Teddy :D

Cathy Moon
15th August 2006, 02:06 AM
Nancy, just returned from Agility class to read your latest news. How wonderful that you're getting Teddy's niece! Can't wait to see little Katydid's photos soon!! :D
This is kind of a coincidence, Geordie's sister just had a small litter a week or so ago, and our breeder is going to send photos when their little eyes open! :)

Cathy T
15th August 2006, 02:42 AM
Hey Nancy - popping in over here to tell you again that this is going to be perfect!

Maxxs_Mummy
15th August 2006, 12:07 PM
Nancy,

So pleased it's all working out - a gorgeous healthy pup for you & a happy Dad too :flwr:

I'm itching to see the pics so don't forget to post as soon as you can. Bet Teddy will love her :flwr:

Forest
15th August 2006, 01:58 PM
So pleased Nancy to hear of your good news!! I'm sure Teddy will love his new sister and things will work out for the little tri girl along the track. I have my two blenheim babies and love them to bits! :flwr: Looking forward to pictures when the new baby arrives :)
Julie and the girls

Linda
15th August 2006, 02:10 PM
Nancy

I am so excited for you, just as well you are a patient lass.

Teddy may take a bit to adjust but don't worry it will come, Dudley took much longer than I expected to accept Darby.

Can't wait for Thursday, Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

What a week but it all ended well. :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Cathy Moon
17th August 2006, 02:54 AM
Tomorrow is your big day, right? :)

nlg679
17th August 2006, 03:03 AM
Hey Cathy Moon!!!
I am going up to get the little pup tomorrow morning...8:30 am pick up time ;) !
I still have to get a few things ready here, I figure, I will put the xpen on the front porch (we've got a real nice wrap around porch which is where we spend lots of summer mornings and evenings) and I will put the new pup in the xpen on the porch then go inside and see Teddy and bring him out to the front porch and just let him hang out without forcing any kind of introduction. Just let him hang out and her catch her breath---it is traumatic to leave mom and littermates :( .
THANK YOU FOR CHECKING IN!!!!
I will post photos when I can. ;)

Cathy Moon
17th August 2006, 03:20 AM
I'm planning to log in at lunchtime tomorrow to see how it's going!
BTW, I luv your porch!

Linda
17th August 2006, 03:37 AM
Cathy

What about those floors. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I just love the gleam on them, Nancy works very very hard to keep them that way.
Nancy when Katy did comes home she will be chasing Teddy all over the house and will be slippin and sliding on those gorgeous floors.

What fun. :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes

nlg679
17th August 2006, 03:42 AM
Thanks you guys!!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I am going to try to go to sleep tonight.....I'll post as soon as I can tomorrow ;) !

Linda
17th August 2006, 03:53 AM
Thanks you guys!!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

I am going to try to go to sleep tonight.....I'll post as soon as I can tomorrow ;) !

Nancy Sweetie

Let me tell you, don't bother you will never be able to sleep.

I remember the night before picking up Darby and then that day I got a speeding ticket going to pick him up. :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p: :sl*p:

Hope all goes well, you so deserve a little angel.
I am sure Teddy will be fine so don't worry it will take time remember my Pm's sweetie.
Luv Linda & The Boys :hug: :l*v:

Alison_Leighfield
17th August 2006, 07:18 AM
Hi Nancy,

it's Thursday morning in the U.K , and I can.t wait to see your puppy/collection up date and a PICTURE, cavtiny :snap: :luv:

It's collection day today for you and you new baby and I'm getting excited here so heavens knows how YOU are feeling! :mexwav:

Well I would be doing this.. :jump: :w*w: all over the place! even while doing the :v*cuum: LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a very safe :drivecar: give her a big hug from us all and a huge icon_welcome to the group, will be watching the :cffee: to catch all your wonderful news.

Sending you lots of :lotsaluv: on your very special baby collection day, ENJOY every moment!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

matties mum
17th August 2006, 07:51 AM
H iNancy :) Wishing you a safe jouney :drivecar: I have just got up :jump: b*n*n* icon_welcome to your new baby cavtiny :*nana: loads of photos :snap: :wggle: AILEEN

Charleen
17th August 2006, 11:22 AM
Today is the big day. Can't wait to hear about your pickup and homecoming. :jump:

Cathy Moon
17th August 2006, 11:35 AM
Good luck today Nancy! :w**h**:

What about those floors. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I just love the gleam on them, Nancy works very very hard to keep them that way.
I have never seen such a nice porch floor! That has got to be marine varnish. ;)

nlg679
17th August 2006, 11:53 AM
You guessed it Cathy Moon!
Mahogany with a marine/boat finish!!!
Yes, I swab the deck around here :) !

Mary
17th August 2006, 02:04 PM
Well it is 8 am here so little Katydid is in your arms now...can't wait for pictures.

Linda
17th August 2006, 04:35 PM
Nancy :snap: :snap: :snap: :snap:
Did you get all overwhelmed with Puppy Luv you forgot all about us hanging here waiting. icon_nwunsure

Get snappin, Katy has to have gone for a wee nap by now.

Oooooooooooooooooooh Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaancy Where are you :v*cuum: Not already.

nlg679
17th August 2006, 06:33 PM
Okay...I THINK she is going to sleep.........she has been up since 9:15!!!!
Teddy is wondering about this...but is being spoiled rotten by his mommy.
He is the big boy and gets free rein of the house so I hope that makes him feel better after Katy chased him all over the yard :shock: :shock: :shock: !
She is a sweet little princess!!! But she can cry :( :( :( ...I need to be strong...will be using a schedule for her so that she gets used to her xpen and crate.PRAY FOR ME!!! I am reconsidering her crated in the bedroom---I am leaning towards down the hall.
I LOVE HER PIECES...such a playful pup!
I will try to take some photos later and post tonight!!
P.S.....her mama, Teddy's sister, even kissed her goodbye!!!! ;) ;) ;)
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR KINDNESS!!!!!I wish I could call you all on the telephone !!!! I feel like we are all old friends!!!! :flwr: :flwr: :flwr:

Love,
Nancy

matties mum
17th August 2006, 06:44 PM
cl*p :lotsaluv: :jmp: :mexwav: :rah: :w*w: no more :v*cuum: :luv: Aileen

Alison_Leighfield
17th August 2006, 06:49 PM
She is here !!! icon_welcome

:mexwav: :mexwav: :mexwav:

Oh Nancy you must be glowing, such a proud new mummy!

:rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah:

Would love a few :snap: :snap: :snap:

Hugs and :lotsaluv: for your new baby from us here. xxxxx

Alison, wilts, U.K.

mlc4140
17th August 2006, 09:33 PM
Hugs to you and your new baby. We will all be patiently waiting for pictures of your new family member. :jump: :jump: :thmbsup: :D

RockNRollCav
17th August 2006, 10:01 PM
How sweet that mommy kissed her goodbye :flwr: I can't wait to see photos of the little lady! :)

Cathy Moon
17th August 2006, 11:32 PM
:snap: watching for photos!

nlg679
17th August 2006, 11:44 PM
Okay this is supposed to be a mellow dog??? She just is too anxious to sleep.....Teddy and I are upstairs in the t.v. room, poor guy is a little overwhelmed. I think she is FINALLLY snoozing in the kitchen. She has gotta be exhausted!!!
I will try and get photos tonight as I am not going to put her to bed until late.

My dad is in love with her...already trying to get her to sit on command.
Poor Teddy tho'-he is a bit stressed.

TTYL!

Jen
18th August 2006, 12:41 AM
Congrats!! :D :D How exciting and fun!! You'll love having two--I know I do! :D

Forest
18th August 2006, 09:00 AM
Congratulations Nancy. Can't wait to see pictures of Katy. I'm sure Teddy will be ok soon. It is a BIG day for everyone. :flwr:
Julie and the girls

queenscourtcavaliers
18th August 2006, 03:13 PM
Puppies are so wonderful. I am sure she will give you and your dad many years of pleasure. Congratulations on your new girl.

It is really cute that everyone on the list has been hanging on, waiting to hear from you and about your new baby.

Congratulations again,
Becky

Roxanne
19th August 2006, 04:33 AM
Congratulations Nancy !!! I cant wait to see pics of her and Teddy together !

Maxxs_Mummy
21st August 2006, 06:30 PM
Well..... did she sleep at all? I'm itching to see some piccies xxxxx