PDA

View Full Version : New Puppy coming home Saturday, July 8! Newbie

Daisy's Mom
27th June 2006, 08:08 PM
Hello, Everyone!

I'm a long-time Cavalier lover who is FINALLY having her dream come true, as we are picking up our Blenheim puppy next Saturday! I've done so much research and so much dreaming about this that it hardly seems real. I've enjoyed reading all your posts, and can now join in the conversations!

Her name will be Daisy, and she will be 10 weeks old when we get her. We looked long and hard for a breeder that follows the MVD protocol and had the type of puppy we were looking for. We feel like we've found her. We are spending about twice what we had hoped to, but we hope we are rewarded for spending that much by having a dog who is healthy for a long, long time. My husband about had a coronary over the price, but I finally had to just grit my teeth and stand my ground (I'm paying for her myself anyway, but he is very frugal and thinks I'm crazy for spending that much money.)

Just wanted to introduce myself and join in the fun. Wish us luck that she doesn't get carsick because we have an 8 1/2 hour drive home from the breeder's house!

DeAnna

[/img]

Daisy's Mom
27th June 2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks for all your kind comments -- we can hardly wait for the big day!

:drivecar:

nlg679
27th June 2006, 10:35 PM
Oh my goodness!
She is very sweet!

Nancy
NJ

Mary
28th June 2006, 02:04 AM
Hi DeAnna. Welcome. How exciting for you. Daisy certainly is a pretty little girl. Hope the trip goes well. We will love to see pics of her once she is home.

molly
28th June 2006, 04:19 AM
Ahhh, she is soo sweet. Welcome aboard.

Maxxs_Mummy
28th June 2006, 12:46 PM
Hiya and welcome,

Daisy is a real babe :flwr: Hope everything goes well for you, there's nothing quite like the breath of a Cavalier pup against your neck when you cuddle them in :D

Cathy T
28th June 2006, 03:59 PM
Oh Daisy is so cute!! So good that you did your research and didn't settle for less. Isn't it exciting that you've waited and waited and now it's going to happen??!!

JaneB
28th June 2006, 04:43 PM
Hey, DeAnna. Welcome to the Board. We'll help you count down the days. I think most of us live vicariously through those that are bringing home new babies. Don't forget to post pictures as soon as you get Daisy settled. She is a doll!

JaneB

Daisy's Mom
29th June 2006, 02:37 AM
Thanks, everyone for your good wishes! I hope having a dog will be as great as I remember it being from my childhood. I had toy poodles growing up and loved them dearly. I"ve been waiting for many years for the "right" time to get a dog. My kids are almost 6 and 8, and I think they will be gentle with a dog, and my work is at a point where I can work from home a great deal now. Plus, I'm off this summer, so I can spend full time with her until school starts up again in the Fall.

So, the stars seem to be all aligned to make this the perfect time to get a dog. I cannot wait! And seeing all your beautiful Cavaliers is just making me more impatient !! :jump:

DeAnna

Alison_Leighfield
29th June 2006, 07:33 AM
A new baby on the block, :mexwav: icon_welcome :paw:

Just lovely, :lotsaluv:

enjoy, Enjoy! cavtiny

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Claire
29th June 2006, 01:31 PM
Yipppeee a new baby ...

JaneB
30th June 2006, 07:19 PM
Less than a day now! Are you going to be able to sleep tonight? Let us know how things go. . .

JaneB

Charleen
1st July 2006, 10:56 AM
July 8th is almost here. One more week of waiting. You must not be able to sleep due to the anticipation. Congratulations on being a new mommy.

Forest
5th July 2006, 08:28 AM
Welcome DeAnna and your new little baby Daisy. Your wait is nearly over. Are your children as excited as you are? We love seeing photos of all the new little babies that we are getting on the board at the moment so send us more when you get her. The one in your avatar is very cute.
Julie and the girls

Karlin
8th July 2006, 12:37 AM
Waiting for the pictures tomorrow... :) :snap:

Maxxs_Mummy
8th July 2006, 12:17 PM
Oooh not long now - what time are you collecting your baby?

JaneB
9th July 2006, 07:31 PM
Okay, Deanna, where are the pictures??? Did you get her, how was your first night, do tell, do tell. We are all on the edge of our seats. . .

JaneB

Daisy's Mom
9th July 2006, 08:17 PM
Yes, we got her yesterday! She is really adorable, and so sweet-natured, just as I thought she'd be!

I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance.

Her trip home and her first night here were surprisingly good. She slept most of the way home and went potty every time we stopped, just as if she knew what she was supposed to do. She crawled into her crate herself about 9 pm last night, and slept till 3:00 am. I'm not sure she would have gotten up then if I hadn't gotten up to use the restroom! I took her out, she drank some water and had a treat, then I took her out again. She is so incredibly good at the housetraining already! She whimpered for a little while when I put her back in her crate, but I just put my fingers through the bars and kind of whispered to her, and within about 5 minutes, she had laid back down and went to sleep!

She is so loving, and she really likes the kids. Every time someone catches her eye, she looks you right in the eye and her tail starts thumping. My 5 year old is mad at her right now, though, because she wants her to come out and play instead of sleep so much! How much do 10 week old puppies normally sleep during day?

She's full of kisses and cuddles for everyone.

Pictures coming soon!

Mary
9th July 2006, 09:09 PM
Yay she is home and sounds like all is going well. I bet she is tired with the change in home and the trip. Just needs a little time to get her legs under her again. Puppies do like to sleep though. Looking forward to pictures!

Maxxs_Mummy
9th July 2006, 09:13 PM
Oh bless her :flwr: . When Maxx was a puppy, he'd sleep most of the day. He'd wake up when the kids got in from school, have a mad five minutes and then snooze again. He'd always want mad playtime from around 9-10pm just as everyone else wanted to go to bed :lol:

Tell your five yr old that it won't be long before the pup wants to play and that everything is new to her. She'll soon be running around stealing the kids' toys and socks and things - I wonder if they'll still love her as much then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daisy's Mom
10th July 2006, 02:58 AM
Here are a couple of pictures we took today. We think she's very photogenic! :D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/dkempf_2006/PIC00009.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j218/dkempf_2006/PIC00011.jpg

RockNRollCav
10th July 2006, 03:14 AM
What an angel!

Mary
10th July 2006, 03:39 AM
She certainly is photogenic! What a cutie.

Karlin
10th July 2006, 07:18 PM
She's definitely a cutie!! :lotsaluv:

They will sleep *a lot* til about 6 months, just like little kids!

Maxxs_Mummy
10th July 2006, 10:42 PM
She's definitely a cutie!! :lotsaluv:

They will sleep *a lot* til about 6 months, just like little kids!

Wish someone had told my eldest son that, Karlin! I had more sleepless nights with him than I've ever had with a pup :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deanna, your baby is just delicious :l*v: if ever you get fed up her then pop her in a box and Fed Ex her to me :D

QCS
11th July 2006, 12:59 AM
She is adorable!! What a sweetie - you have been blessed with such a wel behaved pup at 10 weeks!! It just makes me all the more excited for my baby girl's arrival!! :flwr:

Mia
11th July 2006, 01:05 PM
What an absolute cutie - you are right to think she takes good pics - she is looking right at the camera!! WHat i have to do to get Bailey to look directly at the camera!!!! :snap:

Bailey slept a lot when he was a puppy - just like babies they need their naps and get tired out very quickly! Bailey is a yr and a half now and is as active as they come - enjoy the peace!!! ;)

Donald Duck
11th July 2006, 06:53 PM
I too have been waiting and dreaming of the day I would finally get a Cavalier! I'm so glad we have this place where we can share our excitement with other people who understand :D