• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just call me crazy - 3 going on 4 cavaliers

Charleen

Hi, I joined the site and wanted to post a little about my cav. family. I have 3 cavaliers between 2 - 4 years of age and I am waiting for a tri-color to be old enough to take home. It was born on 6/15/06.

My black & tan and my ruby cavaliers are half-sister & half-brother to each other. I have had them since they were small puppies. Their names are Merry & Pippin. Then this spring I decided to add to my happy family and found a 3 1/2 year old male blenheim that was being retired from his studding duties. His name is Lucky Luke. I have had him since 5/20/06 and he is such a little love bug.

The breeder just told me that Luke was a daddy one last time and his litter was born on June 15th. I thought about it long and hard and I would really like to have one of his tri-color kids. The breeder told me that there were only males available, so that is what I will be getting around the middle of August. I have even picked out a name already, Jolly Jumper.

I can't wait!

Sorry....we won't call you crazy here...just normal. Cavalier gets in the blood and there is no turning back. I have Maya Rose blk/tan, Annie, Scout(rubies) who are 3 1/2 and Jasmine(tri) who just turned 3 and then little Sassafrass(tri) who is 1 1/2.....see we are all crazy if you are :D

icon_whistling If you are crazy-- I am the queen of crazy. I have turned down 5 promotions cuz I won't work full time. I don't want to admit how many of these loves I have at my house right now. Sandy

Come on Sandy..you can share with us...we won't tell anybody...and then we will have a good excuse for getting one more cuz we need to catch up with you :D

6,5, 4, 3, 2.5,2,2,2,1.75,1.75,1.25,.5,.5 year olds-- tho all don't live with me. I co-own a few with family members. But they are all my babies of my heart. Sandy

LMAO Sandy is that all? I thought you were going to say 30 or something :lol: My 'breeder' that I got Maxx from had 15 Cavaliers and now her Mum and Sister have both passed away, she's taken their Cavaliers in too - I forget how many she had at the last count but they are all so well looked after and loved so much. Her home and she and her hubby are just devoted to their 'babies'.

I think I could manage a few more but hubby would object to being pushed further down the line.... ;) :lol:

Hey Crazy! Welcome!! This is the one place where no one will think you're nuts! I wish I could do more...but I'm settling with two. Until I retire, move to my parents' farm in South Carolina, and can have all the cavaliers my little heart desires!!

I think most of us are Cav Junkies on this board. Welcome! You are going to fit in just fine!!! 8)

JaneB

Be sure to post pictures when you can!

If someone paid me to look after cavaliers I would have lots and lots of them..... :yikes, but when you are bitten you are totally bitten by the cavalier bug.

LOL- I guess I am just a little used to people saying, "YOU HAVE HOW MANY DOGS"? My parents - co-workers - etc.. I have a co-worker who bought a petstore "dashhound" and she complains about housetraining. One lil pup is a piece of cake- try housetraining full grown rescue dogs that have never been in grass.
I always want to be able to care for more than I have-- I always want to have room for a rescue that may need a foster. Sandy

Crazy About Cavaliers - Here are their pictures

I posted pictures of my 3 lovlies in the General Gallery pictures section. Boy, that was hard work learning the tricks of posting pictures. Took my whole lunch hour, but I think I have the hang of it now.

WoodHaven said:
LOL- I guess I am just a little used to people saying, "YOU HAVE HOW MANY DOGS"? My parents - co-workers - etc..
Sandy

So true Sandy...I use to cringe when people would ask me how many dogs? and then give me an odd look when I tell them...now I just smile and say "enough for now"!

Welcome and we don't think you are crazy; around here, the reaction is we're just envious!! :lol:

I have a co-worker who bought a petstore "dashhound" and she complains about housetraining. One lil pup is a piece of cake- try housetraining full grown rescue dogs that have never been in grass.

I know just what you mean!! I was thinking about a friend who was considering ONE rescue kitten I was homing, and decided she didn't have enough time for ONE KITTEN. My cats are all so easy compared to housetraining just one dog, and one kitten is so easy compared to a household of four cats, and housetraining ONE puppy seems so easy when you've had a household full of various dogs and rescues PLUs the cats! :lol: :roll:

Back