• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby Fever

Linda

DarbyFever.jpg

My family was up at our motorhome this wkd and my nephew and his wife have asked me to contact my breeder to be put on a waiting list for her
next RUBY MALE, they think I should just let them have Darby. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I asked them if they weren't feeling well, this little boy is touching the hearts of so many people. I am amazed at how many people stop by and ask if they can see him and if they can touch him.

He is so so sweet, he was a big hit this wkd.
I am home with him alone for a few days and hope to spend sometime with him.

He is contagious. :D :D :D

He's a stunning boy! Isn't there a saying that you can't pass a cavalier without petting them? It was certainly true when we went walking with Aggie. And don't they just lap up the attention!? :wggle:

Oh Linda, he is soooo beautiful and he has such lovely dark eyes.
You are one lucky mumma!!! :D
Julie and the girls

your puppy is SUPER cute! I want a puppy with a milk chin! lol :) Glad you're having so much fun with him. Where abouts around Toronto are you from? Take care ;)

arasara said:
your puppy is SUPER cute! I want a puppy with a milk chin! lol :) Glad you're having so much fun with him. Where abouts around Toronto are you from? Take care ;)

Thank you, just noticed you are also from Toronto.
I am in the Thornhill area, where are you located.

Oh he's really growing up! It's so funny how his expression has stayed the same from those very early pics you posted of him -- he's still the same Darby!

Just everytime I see this wee fellow he makes me want to cry...I know how much you went through to get him Lulu, and he's just so HANDSOME and perfect, it was all worth it.

He is a very special boy, and touching everyone's hearts. Won't it be lovely to have another Cavalier in the family...

He gets cuter and cuter if that is possible Linda ;) . I love that picture. I just want to pick him up and hug those little ruby cheeks.

What a little spunk!
he is absolutly gorgeous, i know i would bail you up in the street for a hello, you are very lucky.
Ther is no denying the ruby's are stunning.

I am in north Ajax but we work in Markham so it's very close to you! How many cavlaiers do you have? It's nice to meet someone so close! :p And how old is mr. milky chin now? Take care! :)

arasara said:
I am in north Ajax but we work in Markham so it's very close to you! How many cavlaiers do you have? It's nice to meet someone so close! :p And how old is mr. milky chin now? Take care! :)

You are not far away at all, I have 2 Cavaliers Dudley whom is 2 1/2 years old and is a Bleinham and totally my husbands boy.
Mr. Milky Chin is 14 weeks old tommorow, I love him to death and I waited and waited so long to get him.

Kosmo is our only one right now but we are looking into adopting another one someday. Right now Kosmo is in the middle of his terrible 2s and he's a huge handful so I guess it's a good thing I don't have 2 youngins to look after at once. I suppose eventually we'll find a good breeder (I've spoken to a few here) if we can't find one to rescue. Now, of course, I have to find one with a milky chin. :lol: That is just too cute. I posted a few pictures of Kosmo in the "introduce yourself" forum if you want to go and take a look. Do you have lots of "cavalier friends" here in Toronto? I would love to meet up someday when mr. milky chin gets a little bigger and let the dogs play together if you're up for it. Kosmo loves other dogs but he's pretty small and usually ends up getting pummled around a bit and then turns into a pansy and wants to be held. hehe ;) How long were you on the list for mr.milky chin? ( I can't call him his real name now, Mr. Milky Chin is just too cute! hehe :) )

arasara said:
Kosmo is our only one right now but we are looking into adopting another one someday. Right now Kosmo is in the middle of his terrible 2s and he's a huge handful so I guess it's a good thing I don't have 2 youngins to look after at once. I suppose eventually we'll find a good breeder (I've spoken to a few here) if we can't find one to rescue. Now, of course, I have to find one with a milky chin. :lol: That is just too cute. I posted a few pictures of Kosmo in the "introduce yourself" forum if you want to go and take a look. Do you have lots of "cavalier friends" here in Toronto? I would love to meet up someday when mr. milky chin gets a little bigger and let the dogs play together if you're up for it. Kosmo loves other dogs but he's pretty small and usually ends up getting pummled around a bit and then turns into a pansy and wants to be held. hehe ;) How long were you on the list for mr.milky chin? ( I can't call him his real name now, Mr. Milky Chin is just too cute! hehe :) )

Sara

I just found your post in the Introductions Section, so so sorry I have been overwhelmed with Mr. Milky Chin I have not been keeping up with my posts.

Kosmo is gorgeous, he is so so white.
Did you get him locally, don't post the breeders name as we are not
allowed to do so on the forum you can PM me if you like, I am always
curious when I find a fellow Torontonian where they got them from.

Sarah, yes I did meet another couple whom I have gone to visit twice on the site. He also ended up getting another Cavalier Tri Male from my breeder just before Christmas, we are planning a get to-gether this summer. We have a place up north and you are very welcome to join us.

We camp just north of Sutton, so when we can all get together if you like.
It will most likely be sometime in August.

Mr. Milky Chin is going for his shots on July 21st, so he will be fine.

I waited 2 1/2 years for him, and my nephew wants to steal him from me.

I just sent a copy of this picture to my breeder and she has asked me not
to neuter him, you don't know the story behind Mr. Milky Chin.

Some of these members will share with you what I went through when he
was born.

I will find the thread and post it for you.

Let me know if you are interested in getting together will be a total of 5
Cavaliers including your Kosmo.

holy cow! :yikes: Well despite being all emotional you still kept yourself together so I applaud you for that! mr. milky chin has such a good and caring mommy. ;) When I decide to look for a new pup is that what I have to look forward to? Because if that's the case, maybe I should start looking now, lol. WHen I was reading through your old posts I noticed you were talking about some kind of harness for mr. milky chin. I just thought I'd ask if you've heard of a "smoochy poochy" harness or not? I need to get Kosmo one to avoid trachea collapsing and possibly one day an escape from a mean dog or something. This lady makes them locally in Toronto and I actually found them at the flea market. In terms of quality, these harnesses are amazing. They are thick and hand made, and also don't go around the dog's throat. Kosmo is a few pounds too small for one right now but as soon as he grows a bit, I will show you a picture of what it looks like. They seem to be great though. You put them on like a bra, hehe. ;) Are you guys going tent camping this summer? That would be amazing to get together with a bunch of other Cavaliers. It's nice to meet people who you have something in common with, and Kosmo would have a blast. Let me know more about it when the time comes, please. ;) Are you getting up in the middle of the night with Mr. Milky Chin still ? And do you let him sleep with you during the night? If you'de rather talk over email you can always email me at [email protected] or I can talk to you here.. Whatever is most convenient. See Ya Later! :) 8)

Sara

Usually you don't have to go through what I went through but Ruby's
are a little harder to find than bleinhams and Tri's, even B/T are easier to find. Here in Toronto anyway, never heard of the smoothy poochy harness would love to see a pictutre. The harness I am talking about is called a Puppia and I would say the majority of the board has them, you
cannot get them in Canada naturaly they have to be ordered from the states. It stops the pulling.

No Sara we have a motorhome just north of Pefferlaw around Hwy 48 and
Hwy 12 area, it is a privately owned park.
I could never sleep in a tent, I will definetely let you know when we are getting together.
Mr. Milky Chin sleeps in his crate still, he is not 100% potty trained yet and until he is he is staying in his crate and I also worry that he will fall out of the bed.

I will email you later.
Linda

I will show you the picture of the harness whenever I get it. Like I said before Kosmo is just a little small, but I like it because of the durability. It's not something that's mass produced in China and falsely stitched or anything, so I like it. You guys go "motor homing?" That's so cooL! my grandparents have a motor home and a 5th wheel back in the states. Going tent camping to them would be over their dead bodies. They wouldn't even speak of it. I haven't seen too many super cute pictures of rubys from any breeders I've looked up around the area, but Mr. Milky Chin has got to be the cutest one I've seen yet! His mommy is very pretty too. I should look up the Puppia harness in the meantime though. I work full time during the day so I never had the heart to crate Kosmo at night. Besides that, the first night I brought him home he sqwalked like crazy (we only had a bedroom at bf's sister's house) and I coldn't sleep so I had to sleep next to his crate. He wasn't happy unless he could touch my body so by the third night I said screw it and put him in the bed with us. I did get up every 3 hours to let him out though until he was around 4 months old and the vet said he should be able to hold it. Even now we occasionally get up in the middle of the night for a potty break. I am so impressed with how easy it was to train Kosmo to be house trained. He hasn't gone inside for a long time now, thank God because we just got a new house. What are you currently feeding your dogs? I look forward to the email! :)

Back