PDA

View Full Version : Collars Vs Harnesses

Maxxs_Mummy
5th July 2006, 07:57 PM
Thought some of you might like to see this article that I've just found online....

http://www.thecavalierclub.co.uk/pets/nov05/compan.html

She actually says Leads Vs Harnesses but goes on to talk about collars.

I don't know about you but whilst my two don't really pull as such I think that hanresses are more comfortable for them to wear whilst being walked - especially if your dog has syringo like Maxx, Rupert, TedBear and several others on here do

arasara
5th July 2006, 09:05 PM
Hi! My vet strongly suggested to go with a collar instead of a harness because smaller dogs have a tendency to have problems with their tracheas collapsing. Also if you are somewhere and there's a dog running full force at you, you can just swoop them up without hurting them. I am getting Kosmo a harness when he gains a few more lbs that are made locally by a lady in Toronto. She hand makes them and they are very thick. You put them on like a bra. I'll have to show you guys what they look like when I get Kosmo his. Then I'll be shipping them to you all. :lol:

WoodHaven
5th July 2006, 10:29 PM
Hi! My vet strongly suggested to go with a collar instead of a harness because smaller dogs have a tendency to have problems with their tracheas collapsing. Also if you are somewhere and there's a dog running full force at you, you can just swoop them up without hurting them. I am getting Kosmo a harness when he gains a few more lbs that are made locally by a lady in Toronto. She hand makes them and they are very thick. You put them on like a bra. I'll have to show you guys what they look like when I get Kosmo his. Then I'll be shipping them to you all. :lol:

Did you mean "go with a collar" or did you mean a harness??

arasara
5th July 2006, 10:44 PM
uhm, yeah :oops: :oops: :sl*p: :sl*p: !! Yeah I meant the vet suggested to go with a harness instead of a collar. Sometimes my fingers try to do my thinking and they get me all backwards!! Sorry guys!!

Karlin
5th July 2006, 11:22 PM
We are mostly harness fans here too. :) We can all get a little bit obsessive about the ones we like!! :lol: