• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Big or small cavalier ??

fuzzie bear

Just wondering what size cavaliers everyone has ?

All my 4 are very big in comparison to some of the doggies I've seen on this board.

Ruby is the smallest, but shes only a year old so she may still grow some more.

Cailean is massive :lol:

His breeder apparently did very well a few years ago in the show world, when larger Cavaliers were the fashion.

Not quite sure what's going on with him - he's 6 and I swear he's getting taller and longer!

Mine are big (not fat too). My male ruby is 25 pounds and his B&T half sister is 19 pounds. My blenheim is 20 pounds. So you are not alone.

Dudley is about average, he is just over 16 lbs and he is 2 1/2 years old.
Darby is just a wee one yet he is 14 weeks and his last weigh in at the Vet was at 12 weeks and he was 6 1/2 lbs.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jaspar and Leo are pretty much low end and mid end of the breed standard. Jaspar is about 16 lbs and Leo 14.5 (or 6.5 and 7.2kg). Lily's probably down to about 7kg now (from 8! :shock: :shock: ). She should be around 6kg. I would now classify her as 'stout' rather than 'obese'. :roll:

Oh Lily's doing really well then Karlin, congratulations!!

My Rupert is BIG, he is about 23 1/2 lb at his right weight

TedBear only weighs about 20lb, but is slightly taller and as long as Rupert - but has a different shaped chest. He has more of a greyhoud shape rather than the barrel shape Rupert has. He should really be about 22lb, he just doesn't keep weight on.

Jack is quite small, he should be about 19lb I think - alhthough similar to TedBear, he feels much chunkier and heavier when you pick him up, a very different build.

Abbey is 19 pounds and looks really good at this weight. Her activity level and coat are also very good at this weight.

SianE is a trim 26lb, just a bit smaller than a cocker.

In fact her measurements are 14 inchs neck/ 18 inches length the same as my brothers cocker but Cassie is more bustier at four inches larger than SianE at 26inchs chest

Maxxy is hoooooooge! He's a bit bigger than a cocker :yikes . In fact, when the Vets at the practice we registered at in Somerset for a couple of years saw him, they questioned if he was really a Cavalier at all :roll: !

He's actually about the same size and build as his Daddy is and just like the size of most of the other Cavaliers that my breeder has - she also did very well in the show ring when the bigger ones were more popular :D

Charlie I suppose, is big compared to some of yours but small compared to Maxx. He weighs in at 10.1kg and is ideal for his size. We know because we've spent a fortune at the Vets again today :(

Cedar was 11.4 pounds a few weeks ago (with her harness on!). She's 12 mo old. She's at a really good weight for her build, I think.

Willow is skinny, and can stand to gain a bit. She's a piggy eater, so that wont be too hard! I havent gotten an official weight on her yet, but I guess she's 9-10 pounds.

I've got lil'uns!

:lol:I've got both ends of the spectrum and in between.

My tri and blenheim are both between 17 and 19 lbs. (leaner at the end of summer)

My B/T is a moose at 24 lbs. and not fat. Also tall. His mother and father are normal size and both were shown sucessfully. He is still only 11 mos. old and will probably still grow.

My ruby girl is a small 11 lbs. and cute as a button! Half the size of the moose and wrestles him to the floor with no problem.

India and Chocolate are each 17-18 lbs, and Geordie is 19. None of them are overweight - I'm keeping them on the lean side!

molly said:
: My ruby girl is a small 11 lbs. and cute as a button! Half the size of the moose and wrestles him to the floor with no problem.

:rotfl: Small but mighty! :rotfl:

Quincy is going to be on the small end of the scale. Her sire is 12 lbs and her mother is 18 lbs. Her last visit to the vet at 13 weeks, she weighed 5.6 lbs. She is 6 months old now. Very linear body and long legs at the moment. She could use a little more weight, but seems to be doing very well. I actually thought that the Cavs were smaller in size. I am very pleased with her size thus far.

Marsha

King is just a border line 18lb...he's not fat or skinny the rit size....plus im surprised he's not overweight seeing as how he's not very active..but hey i love him at any weight..but overweight is not good

Busta is 6.5kg (as weighed last night), Woody is about 6.8kg and I think Ozzy is about 5kg...

I'm not certain where my girls will weigh in once they hit adulthood. Currently, Fauna is 10 months old and weighs 12 pounds 4 ounces and Flora, at 8 months is a mighty 9 pounds 2 ounces. I have an idea they will both be at the lower end of the scale. Fauna is from a litter of 6 and from the info posted regarding litter and size, it would seem that she will be rather small. Flora was from a litter of 5 and was far smaller than her littermates. I couldn't believe she was from the same "batch" as her brothers and sisters looked to be months older than she when I first saw them. Both girls are rather lean but I think that is to be expected given their level of "enthusiastic" play. They both eat very well but I do worry that Fauna is too thin. I guess that as long as she is eating well she's fine. Isn't it better that they be a bit lean than heavy? Of course, I think they both are going through that gawky stage when their legs and bodies seem long - kind of a teenager look. :) My neighbor has a Cavalier that is soooo overweight, it really disturbs me. I have even suggested I take him with us for walks (she thinks playing in the yard is enough) but haven't had any luck as yet. Maybe I should give her some of the info from this forum? Do you think that wise or would I just annoy her? Any ideas on how to bring this up to her other than just leaving it on her door, ringing the bell and running?

JaneB

Back