• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

is this normal??

tanztanya

Do any of your cavaliers tend to sleep on their backs like cookie? or is cookie just wierd lol.

187165724_d8ee9880e2_m.jpg

cookie stoppping the draft from coming through the front door

187165723_f68689b646_m.jpg

cookie with her daddy before walkies

187165726_514ddeaf46_m.jpg

cookie on the sofa

187167862_c4830fa0d1_m.jpg

cookie with mr wack wack

Hi Tanztanya

they all do this. Totally cuddly slobs! Another trick is wrapping themselves round your head and going to sleep without much concern for your need to breath and seeing how far they can get their tongues into your ears/nostrils/mouth :yuk:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Fantastic pictures. Looks like Cookie especially likes the on-the-back position! I like the draft-stopper. :lol:

Mine will occasionally sleep on their backs too but I don;t think they are quite as enthusiastic as your cavalier!

Zola only does this if someone (usually her grandad, who could just pet her all day) has been rubbing her belly and she is so contented, she nods off. It's quite funny if she isn't fully asleep and the rubbing stops and the head will come up and she'll "say" "did I say stop?" :lol:

SianE dose this all the time, worst thing about having her sleep on the bed is that she rolls on her back then off her back all night!

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I have woken up with a foot in my face. I have to be careful with her, as she has rolled right off the bed before. :sl*p:

Maxx looks like my sheepskin rug from IKEA....... icon_whistling. My lot sometimes go on their backs..... Woody loves having the air on his belly.

haha ok. They are funny. Cookie used to live with a cat so my parents were thinking she had got the habit off the cat, but now i know its not!

lol, yeah cookie has fallen off the bed or sofa on a few occassions where she tries to balance on her back but ends up rolling over the other way

Baby Cleo is visiting us at the moment - looks like she's partial to sleeping on her back too:
Image025.jpg

Awwww that pink squidgy puppy tummy :l*v: It makes me soooooooooooooooo broody :D

Honestly, as my kids leave home, I think I'll have to replace them with more Cavaliers :lol:

Hubby does tell people that he'd never have any other breed of dog but he doesn't say how many.... icon_whistling

Donna you should see this one. I have never come across anything like her. She is the smallest puppy I have ever seen at nine weeks. She is up and down the stairs and she barks her little head off if the older dogs annoy her. She is an absolute hoot. I really don't know how they are going to manage leaving with her because she really is mine mine mine!

Merlin has done this since he was eight weeks old - sometimes I prefer it especially when he sleeps on our bed as he doesn't snore so much!!
189553204_1107f43e67_m.jpg

Our Casey is a back sleeper too! Aren't they hysterical. Love all these pictures. :badgrin: :badgrin:

LMAO Joanna, bring her to my house and I'll hide her for you then when they come to collect her you can deny having her :lol: :lol: :lol:

Merlinsmum, your little Merlin is gorgeous. I adore the B&T's they just have such beautiful expressionful faces :flwr: How old is Merlin?

Sorry Max's mum I've only just seen your question. Merlin is now 16 months old. he is such a sweetie I would really like a housefull but I just don't think I could share my love out as Mergits (as we call him) is my baby and he comes everywhere with me. I have not to since we got day been to the toilet on my own or been able to get out of the shower without having my legs licked to death!

My mum actually recommended ckcs to me after having Goldens for over 20 years - I wanted a dog with the same personality but a bit easier to pick up and manage especially when they get older.

I'm so glad she did, Merlin has filled the gap that I had - I'm not very maternal - the chinchillas we have are v.cute and cuddly but they just don't give you the same love and affection back. But I do love them so - so does Merlin - he squeaks at them because he so much wants to play with them - he knows they are top of the food chain though! he only gets fed after them as they were here first!

cl*p

LOL Kirsty,

Merlin sounds just like a typical Cav :D My two follow me everywhere and at bathtime it's hilarious as we only have a tiny bathroom. The dogs fight for floor space and end up using each other as pillows :lol:

Have you let Merlin and the chinchillas get up close to each other? Just wondering as Cavaliers are usually very good with other animals. Maxx adored our rabbit and was even very tolerant of the hamsters, though he'd run and hide if the kids ever put them in their hamster balls :yikes :lol:

We could never let out cockatiel near Maxx as she used to bite everything and everyone. She hated Maxx from the time he came into the house :roll: . There was only one person that bird loves and that's my mate Lucy - they now live happily together but Lucy's hubby can't go into the room where she lives or she hisses and mutters at him too :roll:

I know what you mean by not being maternal btw - the only time I've ever felt broody is when I've seen a Cav puppy :lol:

Back