• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sick lil Domi

WoodHaven

My Dominique woke this morning and didn't act like herself (won't eat, drink etc...). I picked her up and she was HOT. I took her temp and it was 104.4-- Please help say a prayer for her-- I am really scared.
They had me leave her at the vets (talk about stressful) and they are giving her antibiotics, fever reducer, and sub q fluids. I hate when these guys get ill. I'd rather be ill-- Sandy

Don't you wish they could talk and tell you what's wrong? Here's hoping she is well soon!! Poor baby.

Sorry to hear that Dominique is feeling under the weather :( I hope that she gets to feeling better soon :flwr: Please keep us posted and let us know how everything goes...

** PRAYERS your way!!*** Hope she feels better soon!! Sorry she's in the doctors but they are taking wonderful care of her I am sure! :) Have faith in the vets! :)

Oh, poor thing -- I hope she will be fine and that you quickly figure out what is going on. Please update when you know more; I'll be thinking of her and hoping for a fast recovery. :flwr:

Poor thing - I know what you mean about wanting to take it on yourself - I have been lucky with my Bailey but anytime he even has diarhorrea i really feel sorry for the poor little thing!!

We will be thinking of you and sending best wishes!

Thanks so much for the support-- This just happened so fast.
Molly-- dogs are even harder than babies to try to figure out whats wrong- It would help so much if they could tell us.
Jeni - thanks, Domi is such a sweet lil girl- she's 2 and is never ill.
Arasara- thanks for the prayers.
Karlin- thanks- I was told I should call in about 4 hours, they'll be able to tell if the fever has gone down and if she is responding to the treatment.
Thanks all for the support and prayers. Sandy

Poor little girl.

Thinking of her - good luck. She's in the best place right now anyway.

Keep us posted.

Fran x

Oh, dear, Sandy. I hope she's fine!! What could it be that causes such a fever?

I know the situation is stressful and very serious, but in a lame attempt to put a smile on your face:

I hope you used the right thermometer.

(Told you it was lame.)

Moviedust said:
Oh, dear, Sandy. I hope she's fine!! What could it be that causes such a fever?

I know the situation is stressful and very serious, but in a lame attempt to put a smile on your face:

I hope you used the right thermometer.

(Told you it was lame.)

LOL--no that WAS funny. Actually it took me about 10 mins to find the right thermometer. (You see I just bought hubby an ear thermometer so he didn't worry about where "it had been").

We (well me at home and the vet at the office) palpated her insides- no pyo, no obvious blockage or tenderness of any kind. Gums were a bit light colored, she looks like she is achy (like humans get with a fever) she walks carefully and missed when she tried to jump on the couch. Won't eat, won't drink-- definately not acting like the active girl she has always been. No shots recently (last one was in January)- hasn't drunk from water outside, no contact with wild animals. The dogs outside area isn't even on grass or dirt. That is why this has me totally stumped. Sandy

It would be nice if they could tell you what is wrong :( Sometimes it is hard to tell if they are even sick at all because they are such tough little ones :flwr:

We are sending prayers for Domi!!
Have they run a General Health profile on her to rule things out? When I worked at the animal hospital we used to see a lot of dogs presented with the same symptoms that had pancreatitis. My Yorkie had it and acted like it hurt to walk.
We hope she is feeling better!

IanKyla said:
We are sending prayers for Domi!!
Have they run a General Health profile on her to rule things out? When I worked at the animal hospital we used to see a lot of dogs presented with the same symptoms that had pancreatitis. My Yorkie had it and acted like it hurt to walk.
We hope she is feeling better!

Pancreatitis was also one of my guesses. But it tends to hit dogs that are older than she is and she is on the thin side. Fat, middle age and female (sounds like gall bladder problems in humans). She is a picky eater and she finished her dinner last night. We did a complete blood profile, so we should be able to start ruling out things. Thanks Sandy

Did her fever go down Sandy. Hopefully it is just a viral thing. Prayers for good news on Domi!

Her fever did go down with the shot. The shot had some sort of fever reducer in it. So - we will see how she is first thing tomorrow. This will be a long night. Thanks for your support and prayers -- they are very appreciated! Sandy

My thoughts and Prayers are with you and Little Domi!!!
Hope she gets better soon!!!!

Back