• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Domi has to spend the night at the hospital

WoodHaven

They aren't sure what is wrong- so they want to keep her overnight. She has never spent a night without people. I am so upset. Sandy

Here is a picture of her and her sister. She is the darker one on the top.
DandM2.jpg

Sandy

I can only imagine what you are going through but don't worry too much because as upsetting as it is at least she is getting the best help - they are probably monitoring her to be on the safe side.

Try to get some sleep cause she will need some one on one attention when she comes home!!!

Thinking of you all! :l*v:

Oh, she's so sweet! She's where she will get the attention she needs; I hope she'll be back to you tomorrow.

Oh Sandy! I hope all is well in the am and Domi is back home where she belongs. She has the most gorgeous eyes. Keep us posted.

They are both adorable, do you have both of them?

I'm sure she will be spoilt by all the nurses in the vets, doesn't everyone just love Cavaliers!

Soon be home in your arms again! :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Sandy, what a scary and sad experience--why do they have to get sick? :( they are too sweet to suffer. i hope she's responding and will be much better by the time you see her again.
she and her sister are adorable dogs, and each with such a distinct expression and personality.
i'm hoping to hear good news from you soon.

Oh Sandy, I am so sorry. I hope she's allowed home today and that she recovers quickly.

These babies get so far under our skin I think we worry more about them than we do our human kids :l*v:

Alison_Leighfield said:
They are both adorable, do you have both of them?

I'm sure she will be spoilt by all the nurses in the vets, doesn't everyone just love Cavaliers!

Soon be home in your arms again! :flwr:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Yes, we have both of them. They will turn two years old next Tuesday.
:drivecar: I am going to be racing to the vet as soon as I can. I just hope I can take her home. Sandy

Good luck Sandy. Hope she will be home by next you post. They are such lovely girls. Are these of your own breeding. I love their faces...just lovely.

Mary said:
Good luck Sandy. Hope she will be home by next you post. They are such lovely girls. Are these of your own breeding. I love their faces...just lovely.

Domi is home!! Her fever is gone and she is eating small, easy to digest meals.

Yes, these girls are from our own breeding- Three years of research (love, blood, sweat and tears too) before we took on the challenge of a litter. Domi is such a sweet combination of her sire and dam-- her sister is her fathers clone.

thanks everyone for all your help through this - my imagination seemed to negatively feed itself. The longer she was gone, the worse the worry got.

Best to everyone!! Sandy

Welcome home, Domi!
Feel better real soon!
We hope you are feeling like your old self very soon!

I'm glad she is safe and home. WHEW! What a scare!!

Did the vet ever figure out what caused this illness or it just one of those things?

Moviedust said:
I'm glad she is safe and home. WHEW! What a scare!!

Did the vet ever figure out what caused this illness or it just one of those things?

It was likely a gastrointestinal bacterial infection. The high white blood cell count confirmed an infection. The high, fast fever makes in likely bacterial- she also responded well to the antibiotic shots (which wouldn't likely affect a virus). Fingers crossed, she is doing much better today.
We don't know how or why she got it=== and we don't know if she'll give it to the other dogs. She sleeps with her sister- who doesn't seem affected at all. I've cleaned and disinfected all her stuff. All we can do is wait and see.
Thanks for all the help-- Sandy

so glad to hear good news. what a relief. whatever it was, i hope that is the last of it.

Yay...so glad little Domi is home and doing better. Hope that is the last you see of that nasty bacterial bug....

Oh thank goodness, so pleased she's home and safe, hope she will be back to normal very soon.

Back