• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How long does it take to get a full coat?

RockNRollCav

Hi, just curious - how long will it take for a Cav to have its full coat? Right now, Corgan's is very short, with lovely curly/wavy ears. He only lost his baby coat a couple (2-3) weeks ago.

Here's the most recent photo, though it isn't as good as many we've gotten, it shows off his handsome ears!

188870725_1877b71a5a_m.jpg

We bring him home Saturday!!! Hope the :drivecar: goes well!

Our Beauregard lost his puppy coat somewhere around 9 weeks old. Elvis had already lost his when we picked him up at 10 weeks. At six months, Beauregard's is filling out nicely. Big difference. :)

KC

why do people assume that cavs are mature at 12 months - is this because they are a "toy" dog? My cav is 17 months and he is getting their with his coat but i know a 2.5 year old who has the longest hair I have ever seen on a cav!

When you say they lost their puppy coats -- what exactly does that mean and how can I tell if it is the reason for excessive shedding? She is really shedding a lot right now and I'm hoping that this is the reason. She is 10 1/2 weeks old.

Can I tell when she has lost her puppy coat when her body patches have reached their full, rich color, matching her ears? Right now, the chestnut patches on her body are still kind of streaked with white hairs, but you can tell they are darkening all the time. The breeder assured me that they would eventually match her head/ears' color.

Back