PDA

View Full Version : FIVE Cavaliers at Many Tears

Alison_Leighfield
14th July 2006, 09:42 AM
Yes five new Cavaliers that really, really need a nice new home.

Many Tears Rescue, Wales.

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Nicki
14th July 2006, 11:58 AM
And lots of other doggies too...please tell all your firends and try to help these poor souls

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/dogslookingforhomes.htm

misty
14th July 2006, 12:00 PM
Please keep everything crossed for me ladies - I e-mailed about one of these 5 last night, even though they're 450 miles from me.

Alison_Leighfield
14th July 2006, 12:48 PM
If it helps you are more than welcome to stop at mine on collection and return, break the journey, stretch your legs, lunch etc, we are 10 mins from junction 15, M4.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Mia
14th July 2006, 01:08 PM
I don't suppose it would be possible to do that from Ireland what with having to have a home check etc and then flights over and back with Bailey and then for the new dog?

I hope some loving families give them their second chance at life - and a good one at that - will be praying xxx

misty
14th July 2006, 01:13 PM
:xfngr:

Just spoken to Sylvia at Many Tears. We've got our name down for 'Fickle', the beautiful girl who is blind in one eye.

One of the helpers tells me that Fickle is adorable, very loving and affectionate.

She is ex puppy farm, of course.

We're being home-checked next week hopefully - the only 'fly in the ointment' could be that I work part-time but, if I take 2 weeks leave to be at home with Fickle to start with, then Sylvia says I could gradually build up to leaving her a little bit more each day.

Now have to wait until Monday evening to see how she's got on at the vet's, where she is being spayed.

misty
14th July 2006, 01:14 PM
oooh - forgot to say, I think all the 5 are now spoken for :)

Alison_Leighfield
14th July 2006, 03:03 PM
EXCELLENT,

they always go quickly, lets hope they all settle well and have a lovely life.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Mary
14th July 2006, 03:10 PM
Yay! Hoping it all works out for these little deserving pups.

misty
14th July 2006, 03:40 PM
Yep, the Cavaliers always go quickly.

I missed out on a half-blind tri-colour about a month ago.

I agree with Nicki tho' - Many Tears have many beautiful dogs of all shapes and sizes. Spread the word everyone.

Mia
14th July 2006, 03:50 PM
That is so great that they were homed so quickly!! They obviously were sent all our good wishes and thoughts!!

Karlin
14th July 2006, 05:23 PM
Many Tears won't home outside the UK. I wish we had a network for getting some of the unwanted puppy farm dogs out in Ireland as well; it is tricky to do. I can't do it directly as I've written too much about the topic in Ireland and my name is probably recognised. I'd love a go-between though who might get them out.

Maxxs_Mummy
14th July 2006, 11:19 PM
Misty, if you're going the M50 way. I am about 10 minutes from the M50/M5 junction. You are more than welcome to call in here for a rest/loo stop whatever :flwr:

I think Alison and I should open Travellers rest stops :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicki
16th July 2006, 12:00 PM
Really pleased for you Fran - good luck with the home check, and we will be waiting for the news!!

misty
16th July 2006, 10:21 PM
Really pleased for you Fran - good luck with the home check, and we will be waiting for the news!!

I've started whittling! Fickle goes to be spayed tomorrow. I've got to phone up later on to see how she is. Just hope the vet doesn't find anything awful wrong with her - feels like she's my baby already, but I'm frightened to tempt fate.

I want another Cavalier to love so badly; so does my Cailean!

Will let you all know when I hear.

Karlin
16th July 2006, 11:45 PM
Good luck -- we are all rooting for you!! :rah: :rah: :rah:

Alison_Leighfield
17th July 2006, 08:24 AM
Just love her for what she is, take the rough with the smooth etc, etc. I found both of mine to be tough, determined little girls after living like they did but that can work in their favour as well. Health issues are in every dog, don't let it spoil the wonderful friendship that you will build with her.....and it will be so wonderful, believe me. I have never felt so emotional and protective than when I had my two. Very special times indeed.

I think many will scream out loud when I say I would do it again tomorrow, but for the sake of my family and a little for myself I am having a rest and just enjoying what I have now. It is hard though, to look the other way for a while.

I can't wait to follow her progress, I'm so excited, pleased and happy for you that she is coming to live with you, will you change her name?

Let us know when you are collecting, I'm here if you need any help OK?

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Nicki
17th July 2006, 09:43 AM
Thinking of you and Fickle today Fran, let us know how she is!!

It's so hard that we have fallen in love with a breed with lots of health problems....but then ALL breeds have some health issues. However even with their health problems they can still enjoy a wonderful quality of life, and often you have a much closer bond - partly I think because we feel they are more vulnerable.

It is so very special to take a dog out of this situation, and help them to learn to enjoy life and know what it is to be loved.

Alison's experiences are such an inspiration - one day Alison we will "let" you have another one, but not yet, OK? :D :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
17th July 2006, 12:17 PM
I cannot agree more with Nicki,

The day I picked up my darling foster girl, Holly from the rescue co-ordinator I wondered what on earth I was letting myself in for. She was completely wild, untrained in all ways and she stank of urine and faeces. It took four lots of shampoo and a two hour bath before she even looked remotely like a dog of any breed - let alone a Cavalier.

I know they say not to bath a rescue for a while but there was no way I could have left her in that condition for a minute longer than it took us to get home.

That little girl changed from a terrified little shadow into a beautiful Cavalier with typical Cavalier personality. She was so intelligent too & would do anything to please.

She adored my youngest son and when he'd get in from school and drop his blazer on the floor, it would suddenly disappear round the door and she'd curl up to sleep on it :lol:

Alison's little Annie was a clothes horse too - especially underwear you dropped in the bathroom as you took a bath :lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly, I broke my heart the day she went to her new forever home and that's why I was determined to have another rescue - hence Charlie!

Saying that, he's so quick witted that he's the work of ten dogs :roll: :lol: but I wouldn't be without him :l*v:

Honestly Fran, you won't regret getting this darling little girl & she will love you until the end of her days just like every other cavalier - just because they are rescues they really are no different, they all retain their wonderful Cav personality, no matter what horrors they ahve been through :l*v:

Alison, you will get your turn again one day - just not for a little while - you need to recharge your batteries a bit :flwr:

misty
17th July 2006, 01:44 PM
I feel like I'm on hold 'til I phone Sylvia at M/T this evening!

I don't do patient :p :p :p

This little lady's life took a turn for the better last Thursday, which I am so pleased about. I really cannot wait, but am trying to stop myself getting too excited - think that's because of all the doggie heartache we've had the past 2 months.

I think the opportunity to be the forever family for an ex puppy farm bitch is so special. She sounds so lovely in nature - I love her already and keep thinking of her being spayed today. In my mind's eye, I just see a perfect little girl. Her half-blindness doesn't bother me in the least - I keep forgetting tbh!

Cavaliers are my life basically, so I'm ready and willing to put everything into her to help her settle and learn to love us all.

I'm making plans to move my computer back home over the summer hols., so that I can give her the best possible start.

We've decided to change her name to Cerys - a lovely Welsh name, for a lovely Welsh lady. Our surname's Williams, so she'll be Cerys Williams!

Maxxs_Mummy
17th July 2006, 02:13 PM
Cerys y cariad fach :l*v: I'd be just like you are too - I think it's normal :lol: icon_whistling :lol:

Hope she recovers quickly from her spaying and is soon home with her forever family :l*v:

Alison_Leighfield
17th July 2006, 05:24 PM
Thats a lovely, lovely name for such a special little lady, :lotsaluv:

Well done you! :flwr:

Alison, wilts, U.k.

misty
17th July 2006, 07:05 PM
The waiting goes on!

Fickle (Cerys) didn't get to the vets today, as one of the other poor doggies had to have his leg amputated. :(

She is going to be spayed tomorrow now.

I'm told that everyone that's seen her has fallen in love with her. Sylvia says she's a complete sweetie - people are saying they want her if I don't!!!

Better get :drivecar: as soon as possible. Home-check people ringing me later.

misty
17th July 2006, 09:52 PM
Cerys y cariad fach :l*v: I'd be just like you are too - I think it's normal :lol: icon_whistling :lol:

Hope she recovers quickly from her spaying and is soon home with her forever family :l*v:

Help! Welsh translation required please :).

Things are moving forward. Had long chat with the home-checker tonight on the phone and she's coming out to see us tomorrow evening. She thinks it's great that we already have Cailean.

Nicki
17th July 2006, 10:18 PM
Sorry that Fickle didn't get to the vets :( - everything crossed for tomorrow then

Love the new name, Cerys, that's beautiful.

Good luck iwth the homecheck too!

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 12:15 AM
'Cerys the little loved one' cariad is love and fach is little so it just translates into english as the little loved one or the lovely little one :l*v:

I love Welsh names and if I'd had a daughter then she'd have more than likely been a Cerys. My boys wouldn't have been impressed with being called Cerys though :lol: We did give them Welsh names, however icon_whistling

Mary
18th July 2006, 03:03 AM
Fingers, toes, paws crossed for good luck with the home visit!

Alison_Leighfield
18th July 2006, 08:13 AM
Everything crossed for Cerys and her operation. :lotsaluv:

You will be fine on your home check, no probs! :thmbsup:

Soon you will have her home, up the motorway in the :drivecar: to collect your new like cavtiny then you can :lotsaluv: forever!

Alison, wilts, U.K.

misty
18th July 2006, 08:08 PM
Well, this will make you all laugh.

My precious potential adoptive furry daughter has a problem - she's not a furry daughter after all :badgrin: :badgrin:

Sylvia at Many Tears is laid up with a bad back and her volunteers have been booking her dogs in on her behalf. The people from the puppy farm told the volunteers they were handing over a bitch.

This morning Sylvia found a pair of testicles on the precious 'girlie' :badgrin: :badgrin:

Sylvia's hubby phoned this afternoon, so apologetic - I just creased up laughing!! We don't mind at all - we have the same amount of love for a dog or a bitch.

Anyone suggest a good name for a just-castrated Welsh boy?? ;)

Alison_Leighfield
18th July 2006, 08:17 PM
Oh no!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes it did make me laugh! (sorry) :jump:

What a mistake to make! :yikes

Congratulations on your new BOY !

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 09:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I am creasing up here :lol: :lol: :lol:

And have you been telling Cailean taht he's having a new brother???? PMSL

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmm how about Bryn? or Gelert? Gelert was Prince Llewllyn's dog and a very brave one at that!. Huw?

There's a page here with the most popular Welsh boys names on it....

http://www.bwrdd-yr-iaith.org.uk/cynnwys.php?pID=222&langID=2 My eldest's name is at the top :lol: and another one here http://www.ourbabynames.co.uk/gaelicboy.php

Good luck :lol:

Nicki
19th July 2006, 11:56 AM
Oh Fran how funny :lol: :lol:

Bless you for still having him, it's obviously meant to be!!

Hope he's recovering well from his op, not long until he will be home with you then.

let us know when you decide on a name!!

misty
19th July 2006, 03:07 PM
Oh Fran how funny :lol: :lol:

Bless you for still having him, it's obviously meant to be!!

Hope he's recovering well from his op, not long until he will be home with you then.

let us know when you decide on a name!!

He is called Bradley! Jennifer named him after a bear character at Haven Caravan Holidays last year :D

I was sorely tempted to nick Rupert's name!!!!!