PDA

View Full Version : Remember those pink bunny slippers...

Cathy Moon
15th July 2006, 04:57 PM
Hi! I'm thinking of buying a set of those pink bunny slippers. They come in yellow duckies, too.

Thought they'd be good for when I take my girls for Therapy Dog visits, and put them in people's hospital beds - you have to be so careful about not letting anyone get scratched accidentally. And also for the smile factor :lol:

Has anyone bought the slippers yet? and if so, which size? I don't know which would be more comfortable for the pups, small or medium.

http://thepuppyshop.com/dogslippers.html

Moviedust
15th July 2006, 05:54 PM
Oh my goodness--I hadnt seen those before! They are adorable, and I'm sure they'd be a great ice breaker for therapy dogs!!

arasara
15th July 2006, 07:31 PM
I HAVE to get Kosmo a pair of the duckies! I love them! And that's such a good idea to put them on when he becomes a therapy dog. We're working hard on training, but he's got a way to go still. :) But old people have soft skin, so YAY for the bunny shoes! (:

Do you think the girls will try to eat them instead of wearing them?

Karlin
15th July 2006, 08:03 PM
Those would be so funny and practical for a therapy dog -- guaranteed to bring a smile... :) I like the little duckies myself.

Kingofthehouse86
17th July 2006, 09:34 PM
Cathy, 3 things: 1) Those are absolutly adorable... 2) King is a size XS 3) I actually used that pic of the cavalier as the model for King's haircut...

Also if u wanna get loads of smiles mayb get the matching PJs too... :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 10:58 PM
And if he's an XS, which ones did you buy him?????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

molly
19th July 2006, 10:29 PM
What a terrific idea for therapy!!! The patients will love it. My Duffy and I work with a reading tutor and kids with learning disabilities. The kids love it when Duffy comes in dressed up! And I love the Puppy Shop. Their prices are great and the stuff comes very quickly. I'm thinking I have to order some of those ducky slippers. :lol: :lol:

Kingofthehouse86
20th July 2006, 02:50 AM
Donna ur to funny...I would have to get King the ducks wit the matching PJs...but my mom would kill me for getting him them... :lol:

Cathy Moon
20th July 2006, 04:27 AM
Cathy, 3 things: 1) Those are absolutly adorable... 2) King is a size XS 3) I actually used that pic of the cavalier as the model for King's haircut...

Also if u wanna get loads of smiles mayb get the matching PJs too... :lol:

Thanks for the size! And I saw the pic of King in his PJs - adorable, yet cool! 8)

Cathy Moon
20th July 2006, 04:36 AM
What a terrific idea for therapy!!! The patients will love it. My Duffy and I work with a reading tutor and kids with learning disabilities. The kids love it when Duffy comes in dressed up! And I love the Puppy Shop. Their prices are great and the stuff comes very quickly. I'm thinking I have to order some of those ducky slippers. :lol: :lol:

The kids will LOVE the duckies!! Wish I could do reading therapy too, but I work days. I found a group that visits nursing homes on Monday eves and hospitals on Wed. eves. Monday is Geordie's agility / socialization night, so I'm going to get additional training to visit hospitals. The lady who started the group said my cavs will be perfect for visiting the trauma floor where patients have spinal cord injuries because cavs are small enough to put on their beds. That's why I want to get the slippers, so they won't accidentally scratch anyone!! :flwr:

Kingofthehouse86
20th July 2006, 06:56 AM
Cathy also try the PJs their keep them cool while keeping their hair of the patients... That's 1 reason why I have King wear them @ nit so his hair isn't all over me in the morning...also he looks adorable in them

Maxxs_Mummy
21st July 2006, 01:12 AM
And you say I'm funny? - I just put up with the hair and get up looking like a cavewoman every morning :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kingofthehouse86
21st July 2006, 02:59 AM
I really could care less bout King's hair everywhere..but I think he looks so cute in them....

Cathy Moon
21st July 2006, 04:17 AM
Cathy also try the PJs their keep them cool while keeping their hair of the patients... That's 1 reason why I have King wear them @ nit so his hair isn't all over me in the morning...also he looks adorable in them

Good idea about the PJs. I'm only going to use those when they're shedding heavily, though. ;)

Kingofthehouse86
21st July 2006, 06:19 AM
U'll get loads of smiles out of every1 there...making many ppl happy

Maxxs_Mummy
21st July 2006, 11:28 AM
I really could care less bout King's hair everywhere..but I think he looks so cute in them....

That sounds more like it ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why I dress my two in antlers at Xmas & other daft headgear at other times of the year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cathy Moon
21st July 2006, 12:47 PM
:lol: Hee Hee, Donna, so you're the member whose avatar had the Christmas antlers? 8)

Maxxs_Mummy
21st July 2006, 01:15 PM
Yep that's me - have you not seen the pics, Cathy?

Maxx adores his antlers....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/maxxs_mummy/antlershappy.jpg

Charlie is less than impressed...
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/maxxs_mummy/Xmas0511.jpg

Come on Mamma, I want to go trick or treating and collect bonio's....
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/maxxs_mummy/Halloweendog.jpg

Alison_Leighfield
21st July 2006, 04:27 PM
Cathy,

The original thread about the pink slippers was about my little Honey having a pair....

her Antee Donna wanted to buy them for her because they were so very cute!

We never got to order them....

I'm sure they would look beautiful on your little one, you must order them and let us have a picture!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Kingofthehouse86
21st July 2006, 06:13 PM
Donna, I love the pics of Maxx wit the antlers and hat...I'm guessing since Charlie is younger his antlers haven't grown yet :lol: :lol:

Since we're Jewish, King has a Hannukah sweater and Yamukkah for the holidays..When the holidays come around u'll see him in them..

mlc4140
26th July 2006, 08:15 PM
Oh i have to get Sabrina some ducky slippers, my mother in law thought it was ridiculous that I have a car seat for her, wait till she see's these on her. LOL I am so gonna buy these.

Maxxs_Mummy
27th July 2006, 12:17 AM
Donna, I love the pics of Maxx wit the antlers and hat...I'm guessing since Charlie is younger his antlers haven't grown yet :lol: :lol:

Since we're Jewish, King has a Hannukah sweater and Yamukkah for the holidays..When the holidays come around u'll see him in them..

Hahahaha I did have two pairs of antlers like the ones Maxx is wearing. My friend's little boy then had an accident and broke his own antlers so I gave him a pair of ours. Then Charlie came along and so Antee Alisun went out and bought a pair of smaller ones for Charlie - the ones I have for Maxx were too big for him anyway :lol:

Bet King looks good in his sweater and yamukkah - don't forget the pics in December :D

Kingofthehouse86
27th July 2006, 05:19 AM
Donna i wont...dont worry

Cathy Moon
27th July 2006, 06:20 PM
Cathy, The original thread about the pink slippers was about my little Honey having a pair....
her Antee Donna wanted to buy them for her because they were so very cute! We never got to order them....
Alison, I'm sorry that I lost track of this thread, and did not acknowledge your loss. :( So sorry that Honey got her wings before she got her slippers. She would have looked adorable in them. :flwr:

Alison_Leighfield
27th July 2006, 07:31 PM
Hi Cathy,

You must get a pair for your little ones...they are so very cute...lets have a :snap: as well!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
27th July 2006, 11:35 PM
Cathy,

I bought both Alison and myself bumble bee plants for the garden and today when Alison came to visit, a HUGE bumble bee flew into my lounge - I think it was Hunnybunnybuns visiting us :D :l*v: :lotsaluv:

Cathy Moon
28th July 2006, 01:26 PM
How sweet! *ng*l
What is a bumble bee plant? I've never heard of it, but sounds very interesting. :flwr:

Maxxs_Mummy
28th July 2006, 08:39 PM
It's called a peekaboo plant but when all the flowers are out and waving in the breeze it looks like bumble bees flying around.

http://www.deeproot.co.uk/photo/images/Spilanthes%20oleracea%20'Peek-a-Boo'.jpg

The reddy bits on them are actually more of a brown colour. I think it should be called a bumble bee plant :lol:

Cathy Moon
30th July 2006, 01:38 AM
Donna, what a cool plant! Showed my hubby, and he finds it very interesting. We both love perennial gardening. I have a feeling he will be on a secret mission to find this plant. We're coming to the UK in Sept. Is this a plant that you can grow from store bought seeds? We always visit a Mole Valley Farmers store, and might possibly buy seeds there. We've never had a problem bringing seeds home if they are in sealed seed packets.

Maxxs_Mummy
31st July 2006, 12:29 AM
Cathy,

The Latin name is Spilanthes Oleantum and you can buy seeds in the USA - http://www.horizonherbs.com/product.asp?specific=jphmhqd0 .

I bought it as a plant in my local Morrison's supermarket but I am going to try and get some seeds to go in the greenhouse. :flwr:

Alison_Leighfield
31st July 2006, 08:18 AM
Cathy,

they are a lovely little plant.

Donna bought them in memory of little Honey-Bee, and the flowers are so bright and sunny, I planted mine out in half sunshine and she is doing well.....will have to pot her up soon though as hopefully we will be on the move....we have sold our house and bought another....fingers crossed...

A new start with new memories....

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Cathy Moon
31st July 2006, 12:37 PM
Cathy,

The Latin name is Spilanthes Oleantum and you can buy seeds in the USA - http://www.horizonherbs.com/product.asp?specific=jphmhqd0 .

I bought it as a plant in my local Morrison's supermarket but I am going to try and get some seeds to go in the greenhouse. :flwr:
Thanks! This will make a nice little gift to surprise him with!

Cathy Moon
31st July 2006, 12:43 PM
Cathy,

they are a lovely little plant.

Donna bought them in memory of little Honey-Bee, and the flowers are so bright and sunny, I planted mine out in half sunshine and she is doing well.....will have to pot her up soon though as hopefully we will be on the move....we have sold our house and bought another....fingers crossed...

A new start with new memories....

Alison, Wilts, U.K.
How exciting! I know it's a lot of work to move, but once you're settled in the new house it will be worth it all! We moved last November. Hope everything goes smoothly for you! :flwr: