PDA

View Full Version : SORTED: 6 year old male tri, Ireland

Karlin
15th July 2006, 06:01 PM
I have been contacted about a 6 year old tricolour boy who needs a new home. It sounds like he has a mild heart murmur and is on frusemide; a murmur would be common in about half of all cavaliers his age so this is not unusual. He looks to be very well cared for if a little plump! I am contacting people on my waiting lists, but PM or email me if you are interested in offering him a home, and want to know more about him.

Pictures soon. This dog is in Laois at the moment.

Karlin
15th July 2006, 06:04 PM
Pictures:

http://static.flickr.com/57/190088738_6d3c0de855_m.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/48/190088709_92980c0077.jpg

Arne
15th July 2006, 07:39 PM
Awh he is lovely if a bit chunky. I like Tris. My Jassy looked the same when I got him last year but he wasnt put on a diet just lots of small walks to build up his stamina and within a couple of months he was a different dog.

Mary
15th July 2006, 08:13 PM
What a handsome kind looking fella'. Hope a good home is near in his future.

Maxxs_Mummy
15th July 2006, 10:41 PM
OMG he's gorgeous. Look beyond the flab :lol: A few months on light food and a few extra walks and games of fetch in the garden will soon have his weight down.

Karlin, if no one in Ireland wants him then I'll have him here with my two. I think he's really yummy and has a beautiful face.

What's the story behind him? Do you know? He does look as though he's been loved - if a little too much!

Karlin
15th July 2006, 11:02 PM
He has been loved; the family living situation has changed and so they need to rehome him. I don't know anything more however; I have contacted the owners for more details.

Maxxs_Mummy
15th July 2006, 11:27 PM
Well, I meant what I said and I'll bet his Murmur won't be half so bad when he drops a few pounds. He's almost the same age as my Maxxy too :l*v:

I'm sure that someone on here could come up with a pausible story to weave my hubby ;) :lol:

misty
16th July 2006, 10:22 PM
Well, I meant what I said and I'll bet his Murmur won't be half so bad when he drops a few pounds. He's almost the same age as my Maxxy too :l*v:

I'm sure that someone on here could come up with a pausible story to weave my hubby ;) :lol:

If I can help, let me know ;) ;) ;)

I'm all for conspiracies to get more Cavaliers too :)

Mia
17th July 2006, 12:12 PM
Hi Karlin,

How is that little tri colour? We are looking for a companion for Bailey - is he still with you?? Any more info much appreciated!!

Maria & Bailey

Maxxs_Mummy
17th July 2006, 12:20 PM
I'm all for conspiracies to get more Cavaliers too :)

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Hi Karlin,

How is that little tri colour? We are looking for a companion for Bailey - is he still with you?? Any more info much appreciated!!

Maria & Bailey

Oh Mia, it would be wonderful if you would take him - he looks so adorable and if I was in Ireland I'd have had him here by now :l*v: .

I don't think he's with Karlin (at home) but with Irish Rescue - I'm sure she'll be along soon though :flwr:

Karlin
17th July 2006, 12:30 PM
I'm still waiting to hear from the owner -- sometimes they contact rescue then don't follow through or change their mind or home the dog themselves, so I won't know more aboiut this dog's situation and availability til I hear from them.

There are homing applications downloadable from my rescue site:

http://rescue.cavaliertalk.com

:thmbsup:

Karlin
20th July 2006, 02:18 AM
OK, this boy is officially coming into rescue. The murmur was diagnosed by a vet, not a cardiologist, who treated with elanapril, and then after 6 weeks couldn't hear the murmur any longer. So it is hard to know if there was a murmur at all, or a mild murmur. It is far better to have a cardiac test done as vets are not very good usually at hearing murmurs -- then the new owners will know if there's any need to give heart tablets at all as he may be murmur free.

The owners say he is very friendly. He has been an only dog. I presume he at least met other dogs and I will check with them on this. If he has been an only dog with little experience of other dogs, he is better going to an experienced home with other dogs, who will know how to settle him in.

They say he is also quite active and enjoys walks (that's why I am guessing he is probably fine with other dogs! :) ).

Mia
20th July 2006, 06:34 PM
Hi Karlin,

He is a cutie - don't know how he would manage with Bailey - you probably have loads of homes that have more experience than me on your list.

Let me know what results from more info about him but def interested!!

Maria & Bailey

Karlin
21st July 2006, 01:35 AM
I always work through the waiting list, but there are many variables with each dog so it isn't necessarily a strict order. The difficulty with this dog is I don't have the ability to really assess him unless he goes to a foster. So I am trying to get more info on him.

Maxxs_Mummy
21st July 2006, 11:34 AM
Maria,

How about fostering him????? I would if I was nearer, I think he's gorgeous :l*v:

Karlin
21st July 2006, 11:48 AM
He doesn't actually need foster at this time as he's remaining with his family til homed. :thmbsup:

Maxxs_Mummy
21st July 2006, 12:03 PM
Oh that's good news :l*v: They obviously love him. I don't think I could bear to part with my dogs so it must be hard for them :(

Mia
21st July 2006, 03:31 PM
That's good news - yep they obviously care for him a lot and it will be really hard to let him go - can imagine the trauma they are in. I hope it will work out keep me posted Karlin on his progress. I am going away for two weeks in two weeks so i wouldnt want to take him in and leave him then with another family he didn't know. So I would have to wait until i came back from hols but sure we will see! Once he gets a happy home and is loved then that's the best that could happen - and i know you will see to this Karlin!! :l*v:

Maria & Bailey

Karlin
31st July 2006, 11:34 PM
This fellow's owners found new accommodation which will let them hang on to their dog so he is safe with them. :)