PDA

View Full Version : Contest: new membership ranks

Karlin
15th July 2006, 06:56 PM
On the basis of this thread:

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2613

I thought I'd add three new membership ranks. :)

But I need you to come up with some good titles for the ranks. They need to be short and dog/cavalier related. Post your suggestions to this list, and then I'll have a poll and people can vote for the ones they like. Depending on how many there are, I might do a shortlist and have people vote on that.

:cffee:

Nicki
15th July 2006, 08:12 PM
Brilliant idea Karlin, I too keep a watch on the ranks.

I think the best title I ever saw was "oh no, takeaway for dinner again" :lol: :lol:

Cathy Moon
15th July 2006, 09:35 PM
:lol: What about different certificates and titles dogs can earn like 'Companion Dog Excellent' or 'Canine Good Citizen'? I'm not sure what the equivalent certificates are in IKC or UK KC.

Not as funny as Nicki's though :D

brid kenny
17th July 2006, 11:43 PM
Karlin,
Just wondering something. To get above "pup" do you have to create 100 posts or is it 100 replies that counts?
What about BEST IN SHOW or CRUFTS CHAMPION for another rank title?!!

RockNRollCav
18th July 2006, 02:45 AM
It seems to work after you respond to posts. If you look under your avatar, it counts, and I've noticed mine going up as I respond to posts.

What about doggy body parts? Start with the paws, then a nose, then ears? I don't know - I can't think of anything right now!

Karlin
18th July 2006, 10:32 AM
Anytime you post, you total posts number goes up. :) But don't post frantically just to raise your rank! :lol:

Keep adding suggestions and then in about a week, I'll do a poll.

Moviedust
18th July 2006, 10:53 PM
Anytime you post, you total posts number goes up. :) But don't post frantically just to raise your rank! :lol:

Keep adding suggestions and then in about a week, I'll do a poll.

So, Karlin, would I.....

Moviedust
18th July 2006, 10:54 PM
Get in trouble for doing .......

Moviedust
18th July 2006, 10:54 PM
something like this????

icon_whistling icon_whistling

Cathy Moon
19th July 2006, 12:48 AM
:rotfl:

JaneB
19th July 2006, 04:39 PM
Maybe we could use some of the award levels from dog shows? Best in Show, Reserve, Best Puppy, Best Bitch (oops, that might not be appreciated :lol: ).

JaneB

nlg679
19th July 2006, 04:42 PM
Best Bitch, huh? ;)
Do you have somebody in mind? :shock:

Nancy
New Jersey

JaneB
19th July 2006, 10:37 PM
:jump: Nope, not on this forum. I can't believe what a terrific group of Cav Crazy folks participate. It always feels so upbeat and fun but best of all supportive when one of us is in need. Not to be too corney, but I think it's pretty special to find a group of strangers that are so very kind to one another. :flwr:

JaneB

notme
20th July 2006, 12:20 AM
How about "Snoring Cavalier" for people that sign up and don't post??? :slp:

Cathy Moon
20th July 2006, 01:22 AM
:I can't believe what a terrific group of Cav Crazy folks participate. It always feels so upbeat and fun but best of all supportive when one of us is in need. Not to be too corney, but I think it's pretty special to find a group of strangers that are so very kind to one another. :flwr:

JaneB

I feel the same way! That's why I keep coming back here! :flwr:

nlg679
20th July 2006, 03:36 AM
Cathy Moon...
I love your name.
I know, I'm a goof! :roll:
Nancy
NJ

Cathy Moon
20th July 2006, 03:58 AM
:thnx: It reminds me of Daphne Moon on Frasier; I wouldn't mind being her! 8) :lol: My hubby has the British accent, though!

nlg679
20th July 2006, 04:09 AM
THaaat's where I've heard it before...Frasier!

judy
23rd July 2006, 03:06 AM
Therapy Dog
Pick of the Litter

Karlin
31st July 2006, 12:10 AM
OK folks, last entries; then I will create a poll later in the week!

Cockerspaniel
31st July 2006, 02:52 PM
Something like the following, perhaps?

Top Dog=Moderator.
Hot Dog= Senior Member.
Working Dog=Junior Member.
Pup=Newbie.

Cathy Moon
31st July 2006, 05:41 PM
Best of Breed
Group Winner
Best in Show