• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Some puppy pics of my big baby Maxx :)

Maxxs_Mummy

I know my biggest baby is almost 7 :yikes But I've just found some of his puppy pics and thought I'd share them with you all. Makes me very, very broody for a squidgy little pink tummy and gorgeously soft puppy fur - saying that, Maxx's fur is still soft and fluffy like a pups even now :lol:

We'd only had him a day or two in this first pic...

NewImage.jpg

He reminds me of Snatch the cartoon dog in the next two - this is how he used to sleep in his bed....

IMG023.jpg

Note the chewed door hahahaha. We 'lost' him one evening when we were sitting in the garden - this is what we caught him doing. We only ever said 'Ah' to him and he never did it again :flwr:

IMG022.jpg

These were Xmas ones. He was 4 mths old :D Hmmmm wonder what's in here....

IMG024.jpg

Oh it was a tennis ball, tastes nice too (we'll ignore the piece of toast that Daddy has fed him... :x :roll: ...

IMG025.jpg

Gosh he's so BIG! hehe he's so cute and fluffy and cuddly :) AWWW.. I wanna squeeze him. :l*v: Did he end up swollowing any of the Christmas wrapping paper? :lol:

arasara said:
Gosh he's so BIG! hehe he's so cute and fluffy and cuddly :) AWWW.. I wanna squeeze him. :l*v: Did he end up swollowing any of the Christmas wrapping paper? :lol:

Sara, Maxx is a very big Cavalier. Big solid bones and chunky head. He used to tower over Alison's little Annie !!!!

He'd let you squeeze him too - he's used to me doing it :lol: Every morning we have to sit on the stairs and have a squeezy hug. Otherwise he headbutts me until I sit down with him :lol:

And no, he is amazing at unwrapping Christmas presents and never swallows the paper - we always make sure it's out of his mouth anyway.

Last year, he started to unwrap everyone elses presents on Xmas morning as we obviously didn't come downstairs quickly enough for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mary said:
Awwwhhh what a sweet baby Maxx was......and STILL is!!!!! :)

Thanks Mary - we think so too :l*v: he does have a wonderful nature. Hubby always jokes that we had to teach him to growl :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
arasara said:

Sara, Maxx is a very big Cavalier. Big solid bones and chunky head. He used to tower over Alison's little Annie !!!!

He'd let you squeeze him too - he's used to me doing it :lol: Every morning we have to sit on the stairs and have a squeezy hug. Otherwise he headbutts me until I sit down with him :lol:

And no, he is amazing at unwrapping Christmas presents and never swallows the paper - we always make sure it's out of his mouth anyway.

Last year, he started to unwrap everyone elses presents on Xmas morning as we obviously didn't come downstairs quickly enough for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mary said:
Awwwhhh what a sweet baby Maxx was......and STILL is!!!!! :)

Thanks Mary - we think so too :l*v: he does have a wonderful nature. Hubby always jokes that we had to teach him to growl :lol:

How big is he?? He's not a Dheripark, is he? :D

Cailean's a Dheripark, from Leicestershire, and he is so big. Just wondering if Maxx is a similar size. Don't know if there's something wrong with Cailean's genes - his mum is still growing at the age of 10 apparently!

Handsome guy, even then. Love how creative the cavs are in their sleeping positions. I can't wait to see what ours will do. Riley used to like to sleep under our table. People who didn't know we had her used to think she was fake! lol

misty said:
How big is he?? He's not a Dheripark, is he? :D

No, he's a Loedlyndies from Birmingham. Haven't measured him in a while but last weigh in he was 14.7kg and I was worried about him being overweight. James said he's probably got 1/2 - 3/4kg to lose so it shows how big he is :yikes

I did laugh the other week. We were in the Vets waitng room and this old lady with a tiny little teacup Cavalier came in. He was the straggliest little fella I've ever seen, poor love.

She sat down and her dog did nothing but bark and leap around whilst Maxx was the perfect gentleman. She looked down and saw Maxx and the size of him and immediately asked me "What breed is 'im then? 'Im's not proper Cavalier is 'im? If 'im is then 'im's fat and too big' - As you can imagine, I wasn't very amused at her comments & I replied that yes, Maxx was indeed a Cavalier and that he'd come from a reputable breeder and that all her dogs were of the larger variety & no he wasn't that much overweight - 1/2-3/4 kg according to the Vet.

She then replied that her dog had once been as fat as Maxx until the Vet had said that she was killing him & now he had diabetes and I should watch out or Maxx would get it too :roll:

With that, one of my favourite Vet Nurses came across and started talking to Maxx. The old bag then started twittering at her about Maxx too (by now I was getting pretty irate and trying to bite my tongue) but the nurse soon put her in her place and informed her that Maxx's head was probably about the same size as her dog & that Maxx was one of the best looked after dogs that she knows & was only fed on proper dog food and fresh meat - unlike her dog who she had been feeding sausage and chips every night :yikes :roll: - No wonder the poor love ended up diabetic :(

RockNRollCav said:
I love that you wrapped his Xmas gifts :) Do you still do that every year?

Of course I do! He also has his Birthday presents wrapped up as well :lol:

He is such a handsome fella...... what a silly old bird, glad you held your tongue young lady!!!!

Back