PDA

View Full Version : Did she swallow a watermelon???

jeni
18th July 2006, 01:42 AM
My baby girl Puzzles is due this weekend... She is such a sweet heart :flwr: I gave her a maternity cut which she fell asleep during she enjoyed it so much :lol: I also took her for an x-ray today and we are expecting 6 lil ones...

Puzzles after her maternity trim...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/f4f8af58.jpg

Puzzles cooling the babies on the tile floor. We were also baby sitting for my sister in law which has a boston terrier due this Wednesday...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/776a8469.jpg

nlg679
18th July 2006, 01:51 AM
WOW!!!!! :shock:
What GREAT photo!!!!
I am so impressed.....this is just amazing to me! Six puppies!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Nancy
NJ

Mary
18th July 2006, 02:22 AM
Oh my what a tummy!

RockNRollCav
18th July 2006, 02:34 AM
What a lovely "big momma"! I'm sure she can't wait for the puppies to arrive even more than you can't wait!

Moviedust
18th July 2006, 03:50 AM
Goodness!! She must be thinking, "please enduce me!!"

jeni
18th July 2006, 03:56 AM
This for sure will be her last litter. She is pretty small and she has too many puppies in her litters. I don't think I will put her through this again. I am going to focus more on the babies that I have, Puzzles and JoJo and probably one from this litter. Or maybe two icon_whistling umm... or all of them icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

Alison_Leighfield
18th July 2006, 09:09 AM
Ah, a beautiful girl.

WOW 6 pups! you will be busy!

Hope everything goes well and that mum and pups will be fine.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 09:11 AM
Oh bless her, what a squidgy bellied little darling. I'll bet the heat is killing her being all enormous and everything - I had a baby in a heatwave so I kind of know how she's feeling!

How many litters/puppies has she had so far? I'd be wanting to keep them all, too :lol:

Nicki
18th July 2006, 10:51 AM
oh bless her she looks enormous...she must be so uncomfortable :(

I hope the pups arrive soon and that everyone is well - keep us posted

Jen
18th July 2006, 02:46 PM
Oh my gosh! That poor girl, she must be so uncomfortable.

brid kenny
18th July 2006, 04:09 PM
That's so exciting!! All the best for the birth. When is she due? It must be soon.

jeni
18th July 2006, 04:17 PM
She is due Sunday. I predict she will have them Saturday or Sunday. Her actual due date is Thursday of next week but she will NEVER make it that long, she didn't last time. I am very excited and I will post pictures of our puppies on the puppy page when they get here.
:D

arasara
19th July 2006, 02:20 AM
oh my goodness she is absolutely gigantic@! Hopefully she will have them sooner so she can be a little more comfortable in all of this heat!! hehe (: I can't wait to see pictures of all of them! (: Have you got them all acounted for yet?

jeni
19th July 2006, 02:38 AM
Don't have them all acounted for yet... 4 of the 6 for sure. I might be adding a new member to my Cav family as soon as next month (and it isn't any of my puppies). icon_whistling I am WAY excited over this one. I will wait until it happens before I post ;) Its safer that way :D I will know for sure tomorrow b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n*

Kingofthehouse86
19th July 2006, 03:18 AM
Jeni wat color's the daddy so we kno wat colors to expect....

Also this woman met King 2day (cuz he came to work wit me) and wanted to have King father her 3yr Tri-color...but sadly for me and her King is fixed so King wont b a daddy....But mayb my next cavalier i will breed dont' yet

jeni
19th July 2006, 03:26 AM
Jeni wat color's the daddy so we kno wat colors to expect....

Also this woman met King 2day (cuz he came to work wit me) and wanted to have King father her 3yr Tri-color...but sadly for me and her King is fixed so King wont b a daddy....But mayb my next cavalier i will breed dont' yet

The daddy is a blenhiem just like her. So we are expecting Blenhiems b*n*n*

Kingofthehouse86
19th July 2006, 04:34 AM
Cool...but u never kno cuz both King's parents where bleinheim but 1 of his sis's was tri cuz some of their grand and great grand parents where tri

Maxxs_Mummy
19th July 2006, 11:21 AM
Jeni, is JoJo the Daddy to Puzzles' puppies? Hope she 'pops' soon it must be unbearable for her but at least she's got a nice cool tummy to lay on now :D

Claire
19th July 2006, 12:47 PM
Give her a big tummy rub for me - got to feel sorry for the dogs and humans in this heat.... :yikes

jeni
19th July 2006, 12:48 PM
Cool...but u never kno cuz both King's parents where bleinheim but 1 of his sis's was tri cuz some of their grand and great grand parents where tri

I was wondering if this is possible??? icon_nwunsure I have never seen it myself and several folks from the board here say that it is not possible. Only time will tell. I have 4 days till she is due, here is my happy dance b*n*n*

jeni
19th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Jeni, is JoJo the Daddy to Puzzles' puppies? Hope she 'pops' soon it must be unbearable for her but at least she's got a nice cool tummy to lay on now

JoJo is actually her son from her last litter, when Puzzles came into heat I took JoJo straight to the vet to have him altered. Didn't want to leave ANY room for accidents :yikes Those little guys are quick sometimes, better safe than sorry. He was younger than 6 months when I had it done but he seemed to do very well with it. :D

Maxxs_Mummy
19th July 2006, 01:30 PM
:oops: Silly me :roll: I thought maybe you had a 'couple' :lol:

How nice that you have Mummy and Son - will you keep any from this litter as well? I'd have to keep them all :lol:

How many litters has she had now and how many pups? Is she a granny as well?

WoodHaven
19th July 2006, 01:33 PM

Can't happen-- a blenheim bred to a blenheim will always produce blenheims. Doesn't matter how many tris are in the ancestors. My girl has a tri mom -- there is a zero chance of her ever producing tris when bred to a blenheim. Sandy

jeni
19th July 2006, 01:38 PM
Silly me I thought maybe you had a 'couple'

How nice that you have Mummy and Son - will you keep any from this litter as well? I'd have to keep them all

How many litters has she had now and how many pups? Is she a granny as well?

Thats not silly, boy and a girl... who wouldn't think they were a "couple" :lol: It's cute. This is her second litter so her first set of puppies are only 7 months old, and all of them have been spayed/neutered. So she isn't a granny. She does quite well with being a mummy :D She loves her babies, this will be her last litter also.
I am not going to keep any from this litter, I am adding to my broad next month icon_whistling so keeping puppies is out of the question right now. But you know I say that now and well, stuff happens between now and then icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling I swore that I wouldn't keep any from her last litter and JoJo happened to get to stay 8)

*Jenný*
19th July 2006, 10:27 PM
Wow!! She is exploding! You have to show us some pictures when the puppies comes.
Bonos breeder had once two litters in the same time, and in both litters there where 7 puppies, so she had 16 cavaliers in her hous in two months.
I became one of her family during that time :lol:
We hope that everything will go fine :luv:

Sunna
19th July 2006, 10:31 PM
Good luck with the little babies :paw:
In Fjalar's litter where 8 pups and his breeder was also with another litter on this time and there where 4 pups, so she had 12 puppies and 8 adult dogs, 20 Cavs in her house!
And yes! Pictures of your puppies are duty!! ;)

arasara
19th July 2006, 10:36 PM
One day closer here for Puzzles! You'll have to show us all pictures (: I am so excited for her.! And you're doing so well to have 4 of the 6 accounted for. :) YAY! I'll be praying and sending positive thoughts to you and Puzzles for the next little while - hope everything goes smoothly !! :)

jeni
20th July 2006, 01:34 AM
For sure I will post pictures the day they come :snap: :snap: :snap: I am excited and ready also. I got my refresher course on delivering puppies this week, Monday night I was up all night delivering puppies for my sister in law. She didn't know what to do and neither did the mom of the puppies :yikes It was a case of really poor planning on her part. I am glad that I am more prepared than she was :D
I am ready for some puppies, I am counting the hours now b*n*n*

jeni
20th July 2006, 02:17 AM
This is what I have been doing this week.

This was Sundays litter... my sisters babies, there is a lil one down there waving ;)
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/July16th2006PregnantPuzzles032.jpg

This was Mondays... my sister in laws babies (I only got one good pic sorry :sl*p: )
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/July19thScarletspuppiesandpregnantp.jpg

Charleen
20th July 2006, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the baby pictures. I can't wait to see Puzzle's litter next! This is so exciting. Thanks for sharing you life with us.

Claire L
20th July 2006, 10:41 AM
Puzzles, you look amazing! so relaxed . It's clear that you are a very well looked after girl. You have a beautiful face and I just want to scoop you up in my arms and nuzzle you... Hope everything goes OK .

My Rudee say's " rather you than me pal!" this heat is killin' me!

:roll:

Love
Poochpal & Rudee

Maxxs_Mummy
20th July 2006, 12:24 PM
What beautiful pics - my youngest loved the waving kitten :lol:

I really don't envy poor Puzzles in this heat and hope she pops those puppies out soon :flwr:

Here's to a nice easy time and gorgeous healthy pups for you, Puzzles :rah:

jeni
20th July 2006, 12:47 PM
I don't envy her either. We are having a heat wave right now too! :yikes
Yesterday it was 109 degrees here with a 112 degrees heat index, today it is supposed to be hotter :( We have excessive heat warnings on the TV all day the state is highlighted in red. It's ugly :x But I am keeping it about 75 degrees in the house and Miss Puzzles has two fans on her all the time, one is aimed at her bed and one on the tile floor that she lays on. She hardly pants.
To show you how rotten she is, I took her for her x-ray the other day and she strattled a bag of ice and had 2 air vents on her in the car and she still panted there and back, and I left the car running the whole time so we wouldn't have to get into a hot car. She is rotten :lol: :lol: :lol:

jeni
20th July 2006, 01:24 PM
This was her last night, I am an nut I take pictures of her every day to track her tummy growing progress :lol: :lol: :lol:

She is hiding from the camera, she said enough is enough lady
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/cutpregpuzjuly20.jpg

Then she decided to pose for me one time then the paws went right back up infront of her face... :lol: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/July19thScarletspuppiesandpregna-1.jpg

nlg679
20th July 2006, 02:55 PM
Oh My GOsh! :shock:
It almost looks painful!
THose puppies better come out soon!!

Nancy
NJ

Cathy T
20th July 2006, 04:28 PM
Oh my gosh...look at that bursting tummy!!! I love her covering her face...enough already!!

Sunna
20th July 2006, 04:49 PM
SHE IS ABSOLUTELY EXPLODING!! :shock:
Cute pictures, love when they do that with their paws :paw::

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/cutpregpuzjuly20.jpg

*Jenný*
20th July 2006, 04:52 PM
Oh my... How does she WALK?? :shock:

jeni
20th July 2006, 05:14 PM
Actually she walks well, she wobbles. The huge belly sways from side to side... so cute. She can even run still beleive it or not :lol:

Alison_Leighfield
20th July 2006, 05:17 PM
Oh love her!!....

she is so beautiful,

I bet she will be glad to get it all over with. Fingers crossed it's very soon.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Heritage Cavaliers
20th July 2006, 05:19 PM
Keep us updated - hope all goes well :)

Seems like you have your hands full.

jeni
20th July 2006, 05:23 PM
She is a joy to take care of, she never complains :lol: She still runs around like her normal self. She just wont do the stairs in the house and she quit jumping on/off furniture. She will go to where she wants to go, like a piece of furniture or the bottom of the stairs then she sits down and looks at me until I carry her or put her on the couch. :lol: She is pretty cute... :D

*Jenný*
20th July 2006, 05:44 PM
Aww... Give her an extra hug from Iceland :lotsaluv:

Maxxs_Mummy
20th July 2006, 11:43 PM
And why should she be jumping on furniture? There's more than one fo her :lol: She should have her slave running round after her (you ;) ).

3 days and counting whoo hooooo b*n*n*

arasara
20th July 2006, 11:43 PM
Holy cow is she ever huge! Only 3 days left@! Have you cancelled all of your plans for this weekend yet ? I am having a hard tim elooking at that picture without my eyes going --> :yikes She's just soooo big!! Kosmo sniffed at the screen when he seen her though - I think he's in love. :l*v: :lol: Does she sleep in your bed at night?

jeni
21st July 2006, 01:21 AM
Holy cow is she ever huge! Only 3 days left@! Have you cancelled all of your plans for this weekend yet ? I am having a hard tim elooking at that picture without my eyes going --> She's just soooo big!! Kosmo sniffed at the screen when he seen her though - I think he's in love. Does she sleep in your bed at night?

3 days and counting, almost 2 days now. She has some little signs that she is getting ready. Yes all plans are cancelled for this weekend and I am off work all next week.
She normally sleeps in bed with us at night. Until about a week ago she was able to still do that, I put a chair next to my bed that she jumped on first then got in the bed. A giant ramp in other words... :D But now she can't even make that jump. So not she sleeps in a crib next to my bed so I can hear her if she goes into labor at night. She is a spoiled rotten girl. I have a few pictures of her in her crib last night.

In this one you can see the chair next to my bed that I put there for her... the foot of it slopes down and it is almost on the floor. The perfect doggy ramp!!!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/July20thpregnantpuzzles003.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/July20thpregnantpuzzles005.jpg

Cathy T
21st July 2006, 03:35 AM
Well....you've got my picture of my guys in a stroller beat by a mile!! :D

Kingofthehouse86
21st July 2006, 05:23 AM
Wat a cute baby in the crib...soon to b many babies... yea to more babies!!!!!!!!

Maxxs_Mummy
21st July 2006, 10:49 AM
What a good idea to put her in a crib, she certainly looks happy in there :D

Won't be long now Puzzles, sweetheart. Then you'll be a Mamma all over again with more of those gorgeous babies to look after :l*v:

Bruce H
21st July 2006, 12:14 PM
That is one BIG girl!! And what a great idea with the crib, although with a couple of our girls we would have to add to the height of the sides; they're jumpers.

I really do envy you with puppies coming, even though you are at the stage where you have to sleep with one eye and one ear open :D

That is, if you can sleep. Good luck and try to let us know the minute the puppies are born. Thinking positive thoughts for mom, the pups and you.

jeni
21st July 2006, 12:30 PM
Well....you've got my picture of my guys in a stroller beat by a mile!!

No way! I absolutely love your stroller, I am so jealous. I have been wanting one of those for so long. On our evening walks I let Puzzles walk for a short time then she rides in my kid stoller. It is the kind of stoller where a small child rides in front and a toddler can stand up or sit in the back. So Puzzles rides and Katelynn rides behind her. I would rather have a doggy stroller cause I wouldn't have to tie her to it. She is a runner :yikes

That is one BIG girl!! And what a great idea with the crib, although with a couple of our girls we would have to add to the height of the sides; they're jumpers.

I really do envy you with puppies coming, even though you are at the stage where you have to sleep with one eye and one ear open

That is, if you can sleep. Good luck and try to let us know the minute the puppies are born. Thinking positive thoughts for mom, the pups and you.

I am worried about the BIG part. My sis in law and I both went to x-ray our girls the same day and they both told us we were having 6. My sis in law had 7!!! :yikes I didn't know that x-rays could be wrong.
I had one eye and ear open this morning, she started scratching to get out and I thought she was "nesting" :lol: I flew out of bed like 2 hrs before I had to be to work... so I just went in to work early anyway. That way I can leave early on a Friday cl*p

*Jenný*
21st July 2006, 12:56 PM
I'm getting so exited! b*n*n* Hope everything will go fine :D

Sunna
21st July 2006, 03:02 PM
It's very good idea to put her in a crib and those pictures of her in it are so cute. And what a pretty blanket!

Alison_Leighfield
21st July 2006, 03:14 PM
I'm watching for any news...... :cffee:

Getting exciting isn't it? b*n*n*

I bet you can't wait to say a big icon_welcome to the new babies!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

jeni
21st July 2006, 03:23 PM
I'm watching for any news......

Getting exciting isn't it?

I bet you can't wait to say a big to the new babies!

Oh I am more than just excited, :jmp: :w**h**: :rah: :wggle: cl*p I'm ready to get out of this place (work that is) and get home so I can watch her myself. I found someone to stay with her all day today while I am at work so I am a bit releived :hug: Otherwise she was being checked on once an hour. I will post something in the puppy section or somewhere (not sure what would be appropriate) when she is actually in labor if everyone wants to know. Thanks :flwr:

JaneB
21st July 2006, 05:20 PM
Hang in there, Jeni, you better rest up as best you can now!! watch is like You'll be worn out even before the big event. The baby crib was a terrific idea. Now all you need are bumper pads so the babies won't fall out! :) I hesitate to show your pic to my husband as he already thinks we are all a bit "possessed" by our dogs. Can't disagree with him. We'll be thinking of you and sweet Puzzle and wishing her a safe delivery and health for her little ones.

JaneB

PS Just think of all that wonderful puppy breath!!! :flwr:

arasara
22nd July 2006, 02:11 AM
I'm with JaneB,
hang in there and rest rest rest while you can! Cuz God knows you'll be another worried mummy when they all come out :)

I love the pictures of her in her crib!

You have to let us know the second she is having puppies so we can stay updated :P We want it all - boys, girls, colors.. everything :P

Take care *hugZ*!

OH and if you by some rare chance happen to get a "chocolate" cavalier, I will fight you for it :P

jeni
22nd July 2006, 02:45 AM
OH and if you by some rare chance happen to get a "chocolate" cavalier, I will fight you for it :P
Trust me we will be fighting over it. I have had my eye on those for a while but have NEVER seen one for sale. EVER... :( I will keep all posted. She is really quite tonight and hasn't been on the tile floor like normal. She just sits in her whelping box staring at me. :( :( :( Poor baby...

arasara
22nd July 2006, 03:08 AM
aww she is miserable!! Oh well she's getting closer then (: Is there anything that helps induce the dogs into labor ? You know, like walking for humans? hehe (: We've only ever once had puppies and I wasn't there when it was happening. :(
I've never seen a choco for sale either. I'de imagine whoever gets those in the litter keeps them for themselves. Even if it's not a "true" color, I want one!! My BF wants a Chocolate lab and I want another cav, so I guess we'll just have to compromise with a Choco Cav! hehe :)

Maxxs_Mummy
22nd July 2006, 11:59 AM
Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what's a chocolate cav? Is it a dark ruby? I'm lost.....

jeni
22nd July 2006, 12:16 PM
Here's an interesting set of pictures and the genetic explanation for a variety of chocolate cavaliers:

http://www.cochrancav.com/chocolate/chocolate.html

Not sure how to post a link to another thread but Karlin has this info under the "Buying and Preparing for a Cavalier" section, it is the 6th thread down. Very interesting color. I have not yet to see one for sale.

WoodHaven
22nd July 2006, 01:36 PM
Here's an interesting set of pictures and the genetic explanation for a variety of chocolate cavaliers:

http://www.cochrancav.com/chocolate/chocolate.html

Not sure how to post a link to another thread but Karlin has this info under the "Buying and Preparing for a Cavalier" section, it is the 6th thread down. Very interesting color. I have not yet to see one for sale.

Susan Cochran is the only one I know that has come up with this color(very recessive)-- it isn't a recognized color. In fact- when you breed this color you end up with putty colored eyes and nose pigments (not good). Sandy

Moviedust
22nd July 2006, 03:08 PM
[
Susan Cochran is the only one I know that has come up with this color(very recessive)-- it isn't a recognized color. In fact- when you breed this color you end up with putty colored eyes and nose pigments (not good). Sandy

Aside from the fact the coloring is not recognized by AKC and means disqualification from any AKC show, etc., are there other negatives to the eye and nose pigmentation? Are there health concerns that these cavs would have that the others dont have?

jeni
22nd July 2006, 03:10 PM

I think they are cute because of the chocolate color of the fur, I am not too fond of the nose color or the eye color. It is pretty scary that they are so rare. Probably because it just wasn't meant to be. She just had the two on her site, they are no longer on their either. I don't know much about it but makes you wonder if the color even came from a cavalier?? :huh:

arasara
22nd July 2006, 06:41 PM
How is she today!? I think they came from the old ancient cavaliers.. I think I read that somewhere. . Also apparently there was a such thing as an all black one and an all white one. (: I'll still take the Choco though! I want one!

jeni
22nd July 2006, 08:46 PM
All is Okay today. I am just sitting here watching her... secretly wondering if there is a way to induce her icon_whistling Maybe a long walk, something... the supense is killing me :D

Maxxs_Mummy
22nd July 2006, 09:10 PM
OMG that little choc & tan baby on her site is soooooooooooooooo yummy :lotsaluv: Me and Geraint are in love with the furbaby. He was ooohing and aaahhhing like a good un :lol:

Poor Puzzles, she must be getting fed up now. I remember the last days of my pregancies so well that I can really sympathise - and I only had one at a time ;) :lol:

Let us know as soon as anything happens, Jeni :flwr:

Mary
22nd July 2006, 09:33 PM
Remember Jeni....a watched pot never boils! icon_whistling :D :D :D

Mimi
22nd July 2006, 09:45 PM
Cant wait to hear the news , Puzzles will be delighted too when she has her babies .
Lots of Kisses from Heidi and Nifa

Mimi

Ste
22nd July 2006, 09:54 PM
I've lost track of how many times i've checked this thread in the last 24 hours expecting to read about new arrivals :lol:

jeni
22nd July 2006, 10:18 PM
Remember Jeni....a watched pot never boils!

Man is that ever true :roll: I let her go for a little walk a bit ago. We had a cold front come thru :shock: temp droped to like 95 instead of 110. :D So I figured like 15 mins out in the yard wouldn't hurt icon_whistling I am supposed to go to ball game tonight, for a few hours... I am thinking about going just to get away and see if she does something while I am gone. She has had loose stools today and last night, but worse today. She has shown some nesting behavior but nothing like when she was in labor last time. (she shreded towels last time :lol: ) so I don't know... I guess next step is taking the stairs a few times :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy
22nd July 2006, 10:21 PM
Won't work - I tried it all. Hot curry, tin of prunes, up and down the stairs - babies come when they're cooked and not before :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll bet Puzzles is thinking 'Gee, I wish Mamma would go to her bal game and leave me in peace ;) :lol: '

Bruce H
22nd July 2006, 10:39 PM
I agree. The puppies will come when they're ready to come, usually when it's most inconvenient for you :D . Once puppies start coming, we walk the mom if she starts going a little long between pups. Don't know if it really helps or not, but it makes US feel better!

Been a while since I watched a thread this close. In many respects, I envy you, but then again I don't envy the lack of sleep you are facing. Hang in there!

jeni
22nd July 2006, 11:00 PM
Thanks Bruce... Yeah it is just a big waiting game. I have been taking temps and this morning it was 99.9 and just now it was 98.8 So we have droped quite a bit just since lunch time. She seems to be pretty calm now, I will probably just go to my ball game and hope for the best. :flwr: I have baby sitter for her so I am not to worried to leave her, yet I am :(

Charleen
22nd July 2006, 11:07 PM
Jeni - I can't wait to hear about the puppy births and further puppy details. I have been avidly following Puzzles progress.

However, I am worried that you & Puzzles will be too busy to let us know what is going on once the birthing begins. Have you planned to have a backup person to give us the blow by blow on this website? :lol: :lol: :lol:

arasara
23rd July 2006, 12:13 AM
Lol I'm with Charleen. Who's the backup!? I can't even imagine how excited you are to see all the little ones right now. I don't think I'de be able to sleep for days.. Or go to the ball game! But I bet puzzles wants you out of the house though :P hehehe.. Keep us posted !! (:

jeni
23rd July 2006, 01:32 AM
I will keep everyone posted. Looks like its time to start another thread. I went to my ball games and I am back to watching her, and patiently waiting icon_whistling I expect that I will have time to post blow by blow. I have a laptop so I will keep it next to the whelping box :lol: And my camera :snap: Thank you all for your interest in Puzzles... I am sure she is glad that she has so many supporters b*n*n*

Kingofthehouse86
23rd July 2006, 02:57 AM
Jeni looking forward to seein the new additions to ur happy family

Bruce H
23rd July 2006, 01:38 PM
Here puppy, puppy, puppy.

Here puppy, puppy, puppy.

Puppies: Come!

Cathy Moon
23rd July 2006, 03:32 PM
:rotfl: Yes, we're all waiting here for some news!

Nicki
23rd July 2006, 03:39 PM
Oh goodness was really hoping that they'd be well on the way by now...poor Puzzles, she must be so hot and exhausted :(

Has she shown any signs yet?

Thinking of you and sending lots of positive thoughts

Cathy Moon
23rd July 2006, 04:09 PM
Hi Nicki, While we're waiting for news of Puzzles, do you live near Pitlochry or are you further north?

arasara
23rd July 2006, 04:13 PM
OK i'm awake .. How's Puzzles!?

jeni
23rd July 2006, 05:53 PM
Nothing yet :( She is just resting. She has to be 1/2 past miserable. I found pictures of her last time while she was whelping and she was not near as big as she is this time. I don't know what is going on.
The only thing that I can figure is that she knows that I have this all planned out, she knows I'm off work next week, so she is probably waiting to surprize me :yikes That's got to be it...
I promise to keep everyone posted, I will send a message as soon as I see something exciting going on. She will probably do it in the middle of the night... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here is a pic from her last pregnancy...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/1821e98b.jpg

And this is a pic of her today...
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/jenihill1/5bb8e29d.jpg

Nicki
23rd July 2006, 06:14 PM
Oh bless her she looks SO much bigger...I hope the pups are not going to be too big, but they shouldn't be when she is having that many.

I'm sure you are right, she will probably wait until the middle of the night, that seems the favourite !!

Thanks for keeping us posted...make sure you get some rest too whilst you can!

Cathy, we've about 140 miles NORTH of Pitlochry :D

About 1/2 way between Inverness and John o'Groats, about 1 1/2 miles from the coast. Do you know the Highlands at all?

My Aunt and Uncle used to live in Dayton, my parents went out to see them but sadly I never did get to go...is it far from you?

Mary
23rd July 2006, 06:33 PM
That poor little girl. Her tummy is huge. Hope she has some relief soon!

Cathy Moon
23rd July 2006, 07:13 PM
Cathy, we've about 140 miles NORTH of Pitlochry :D

About 1/2 way between Inverness and John o'Groats, about 1 1/2 miles from the coast. Do you know the Highlands at all?

My Aunt and Uncle used to live in Dayton, my parents went out to see them but sadly I never did get to go...is it far from you?

Forgive me if this posts twice, I am having a terrible time with my computer today - keep getting kicked off the internet for the past 2 days. :crash:

Nicki, Yes, we have visited Scotland twice, and drove all over the Highlands! We got married in Pitlochry, stayed in Blair Atholl. We stayed in the small towns, not cities, but drove through Inverness. We stayed on Skye, too. We love the Highlands!! Can't wait to return someday! Love seeing the Highland cattle, and the scenery and castles, and the people are so friendly.

Dayton is 3-4 hours from me, and I have relatives there also! Small world!

Maxxs_Mummy
23rd July 2006, 10:27 PM
OMG Jeni,

Poor puzzles, she is enormous :yikes . I'll bet she can't wait to get those babies out now, she must be feeling pretty uncomfortable :(

I love your whelping box, has it got a heater in it as well as the lamp? I just see a temperature control thing on the side.... Sorry, I've never seen a whelping box before and am interested.

Really hope those pups come soon, I'll be checking in as soon as I can tomorrow :D :flwr: XXX for Puzzles

jeni
23rd July 2006, 10:52 PM
I love your whelping box, has it got a heater in it as well as the lamp? I just see a temperature control thing on the side.... Sorry, I've never seen a whelping box before and am interested.

The box in the first picture has the heat lamp and the thermometer in it. The lamp is enough heat for the box. I kept it near a heater vent also. The box in the second pic is the box that I have now, (I lent out my old white box and the lady let one of her boy dogs chew it up :( ) so I got another one, the wood one. But this one just has fans pointed at it now to keep my little princess cool. I have the thermometer and heat lamp near by.
Her first litter was in the winter so I didn't have to work so hard to keep her cool. Panting is a good indicator of her starting her labor so I work hard to keep her cool this time. Well of course it is way comfortable for her also. :D

RockNRollCav
24th July 2006, 02:04 AM
Oh my, that poor girl is huge! This makes me never want twins! ;)

arasara
24th July 2006, 02:35 AM
seriously.. How on earth does she walk? I can't even imagine seeing her wobble through the room. If I were here I think I'de be rolling by now! Hang in there Puzzles, it's almost over! :)

WoodHaven
24th July 2006, 02:48 AM
seriously.. How on earth does she walk? I can't even imagine seeing her wobble through the room. If I were here I think I'de be rolling by now! Hang in there Puzzles, it's almost over! :)

I agree!! looking at her photo- I can't believe there are only 6 in there. I wonder if she is carrying a lot of water? or the pups are BIG-- How big were her last pups? Sandy

jeni
24th July 2006, 03:32 AM
My guess is that the x-ray is off. It was off on my sister in laws dog and she had the x-ray the same day and the same Dr. read it.
Here are the weights of her last puppies:
8.0 oz
7.0 oz
8.5 oz
6.5 oz
6.5 oz
8.5 oz
I wish I knew how close she was because if she isn't even close then I need to go to work tomorrow. :huh: :huh: :huh: She has dug at her bedding a total of about 4 times today. Her temp is 99.4, I am so ready for this lady to start... icon_whistling I guess it is just a big waiting game :lol:

Cathy Moon
24th July 2006, 11:52 AM
Jeni, how is she? I hope today is the day! :flwr:

Sunna
24th July 2006, 12:16 PM
I hope today is the day! :flwr:

Me to!! I'm so excited :*nana: And I ask the same question, how is she?

Maxxs_Mummy
24th July 2006, 12:19 PM
Oh Puzzles, you poor love :( It's not funny being pregnant and looking and feeling like a beached whale - especialy when it's hot. I know, hun, I've been there :( My mamma was watching me like a hawk too ;)

I hope thise babies come out today and then you might feel a bit better. Sending you lots of hugs and cuddles :lotsaluv: xxxxxx

jeni
24th July 2006, 12:23 PM
She is fine, she is keeping me in suspense today :lol: :lol: :lol: I decided to come to work because as of 5 am this morning nothing was going on. So I have my son camped out in the recliner watching her. He has his cell phone and is giving me reports of everything she does :lol: :lol: :lol: From about 3-am til about 6am this morning she was nesting a lot more than normal but no panting yet. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that today is the day. :flwr: I'm only a 10 min drive from my work to home and I have a very good puppy sitter at home watching her... I am ready to see some puppies darn it... b*n*n*

Jen114
24th July 2006, 12:25 PM
My goodness this is so exciting!!!! i have been reading all the posts....

come on puppies you are ready to come out now your mom is tired :D

jeni
24th July 2006, 01:40 PM
This is fresh news right from my sons mouth, he said that she has started panting!!!!! You are the first to know... :*nana: b*n*n* cl*p :*nana: b*n*n* cl*p :w*w: I will go home shortly and keep all posted.

Maxxs_Mummy
24th July 2006, 01:42 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy when I saw you'd posted I knew what it was going to be :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: Let's hope it's quick and easy for her :lotsaluv: xxxx

jeni
24th July 2006, 01:46 PM
Hopefully not too quick... I can't go home for another hour and a half. :( :( :( That is when my relief gets here... but that is okay. Acording to last time she was in this pre-labor stage for 15 hours. So I am not going to rush home quite yet. She is in good hands :hug: This is when I need advise from Bruce. I don't know if this labor will progress quicker since it is her 2nd litter. It is true with humans, I would assume it would be the same with dogs. I will keep all posted...

Maxxs_Mummy
24th July 2006, 01:48 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure on that one but would have thought so, seeing as the muscles and birth canal have already been stretched once....

Bet you're really excited? I know I would be :flwr:

jeni
24th July 2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah I am about to die being here at work! :yikes My son just called and said she is shreading everything in her whelping box!!! Thats okay with me... Oh am I so excited!

Alison_Leighfield
24th July 2006, 01:58 PM
Oh little Puzzle, if only you knew how many people worldwide are thinking about you right now!!! :lotsaluv:

We all wish you a very safe delivery and we all welcome your new babies into the world....how many indeed we all ask....the wait is worse than having a baby yourself...I get on here and can't wait to see any news!!!

:paw: :paw: :paw: :paw:

Will keep on checking!! :cffee:

Hold on little lovely, let your mum get home, not much longer now we all hope....

Alison, wilts, U.K.

Mary
24th July 2006, 02:04 PM
OMG. How hard it must be for you to wait. I am going to die now leaving for work and not being able to check all day. The one litter I had with Maya...I checked on her at 2 and she was panting a little but quiet. When I got back home at 4:30 from work she had had two.....she was a gem of a mom. First litter and knew exactly what to do. But no second litters for her so can't help there. Positive thoughts going out for a healthy healthy litter with no problems.

Cathy Moon
24th July 2006, 05:50 PM
Jeni, thanks for letting us all be a part of this! I've logged in here at work - it's lunch time - now I won't be able to log in again until 8:00 pm or so. I hope all goes well! :flwr: :xfngr:

Bruce H
24th July 2006, 06:25 PM
...I don't know if this labor will progress quicker since it is her 2nd litter. It is true with humans, I would assume it would be the same with dogs. I will keep all posted...

I have never noticed a big difference, but then I would imagine anything could happen. Once ours start nesting and rooting around, we have always had at least 4 to 6 hours if I remember correctly. Once ours start panting, it's getting close, although once in a while we have had them pant for a a long time; or at least it seemed like forever!

Has you son delivered a puppy before opr helped you deliver a puppy? Have my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

jeni
24th July 2006, 06:41 PM
Has you son delivered a puppy before opr helped you deliver a puppy? Have my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

Not yet :lol: I am sure he would LOVE to. He loves animals and loves to help out with that kind of stuff. He didn't get to last time, he only seen like the last 2 be born and his dad made him stand back so that Puzzles didn't get nervous. I hope that they come as soon as 6 hrs. I kept a log of her last labor and she started panting and nesting 14 hrs before the birth of the 1st pup. But this time she isn't panting as much... I hope they get here soon, I am looking forward to seeing them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy
24th July 2006, 10:11 PM
Come on Puzzles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any news yet, Jeni?

Fingers toeses, pawses and noses all crossed for an appearance of puppies and soon! :lotsaluv:

arasara
24th July 2006, 10:31 PM
AWww Jeni, today is the day!! I'm so excited for you (: Hopefuly it doesn't run into the middle of the night..! :lol: Probably will though :p I am holding up a a glass for a puzzles salute!! Good luck hun - you're in wonderful loving and caring hands!!