PDA

View Full Version : Missing Cavalier, please say a prayer...

danielle
18th July 2006, 03:49 AM
I am just beside myself. I was at work, my fiance was in town and at home with plans to meet me for lunch with the boys. He'd stepped outside to check his oil, Caden was laying across his foot and he thought Jace was laying under the car like he usually does. He said he was under the hood for no more than a minute, surfaced, and Jace was completely disappeared. My yard is entirely fenced in exept for the front gate, wide enough for a car to fit through that is about 20 yards from the carport where my fiance was. Jace has never strayed far, he and Caden are inseperable and usually cannot stand to be out of each other's sight, that includes other dogs, birds, squirrells, anything nearby beckoning their attention. I know they are still Spaniels with the hunting sense but we are usually very careful. I guess he figured since he was just stepping out the door to his car for a moment, he didn't put collars or anything on. The only thing unusual he mentioned was a white work-looking truck parked kind of in front of the house next door laying on the horn. I guess it's possible Jace heard the noise and uncharacteristically took off after it but we are afraid whoever was in the truck took him. I've put up signs with cash rewards (as much as $1000), I have drafted flyers to send to every vet in Pensacola, I'm taking out a newspaper ad. I'm at such a loss. I don't know what I'll do if he is not returned. It's worse than having to give him up, or he pass away from illness... I'm so worried because I have absolutely no idea who has him or how he is being treated. I just can't stop the tears from flowing. Please say a prayer for us.

Kingofthehouse86
18th July 2006, 04:01 AM
That is just awfull...I really hope u find him and I send my prayers to u and where he is now

Charleen
18th July 2006, 04:04 AM
How distressing. I'll definitely be praying for you & Jace.

arasara
18th July 2006, 04:22 AM
oh my goodness I am soo sorry to hear of your ordeal. I think this is one of my worst nightmares. I'll definately be praying for you. Good luck. *HUGZ* and I hope to hear some good news soon. :(

RockNRollCav
18th July 2006, 04:38 AM
I hope you find him soon!! I'm so sorry you and Jace are having to go through this :(

notme
18th July 2006, 07:17 AM
I hope and pray you have word of you little cavalier. I can't imagine how awful you must feel. Please keep us posted.

Nancy

judy
18th July 2006, 08:08 AM
Danielle, can you post some photos of Jace? From different angles, showing his markings and stuff? That might help to increase the number of people who can identify and help bring him home. Any photos you have could help. How old is he? What color is he? Anything special about him, quirky, things that if someone met him, they could distinguish him by certain quirks? Im really sorry, i know your pain must be terrible. I sure hope Jace is being treated nicely. I remember earlier this year, i read on a mail list about two cavaliers being stolen out of a woman's van, she was staying in a motel, travelling to a dog show, and dogs weren't allowed in the motel so hers were in the car. By word of mouth, lots of people were searching for the dogs, and after a couple of days, contact was made with someone who had them, and she got them back. For a while there, that seemed unlikely. i'll hope for the best for you guys.

Mia
18th July 2006, 08:35 AM
Hi,

I am so sorry about what happened to you all - I will say prayers and I know he will return home and you will be reunited again - stay strong if you can and tell as many people as possible near you about Jace and how wonderful he is!

I hope he is ok - Maria & Bailey

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 09:51 AM
{{{{{{{{Danielle}}}}}}}}

Do you have any organisations over there like dog lost? Teams of helpers in every area will get emailed your Jace's photo(s) and get looking, put up posters and spread the word.

How about contacting a local newspaper? Anything to get wider publicity...

In the meantime, sending positive and healing thoughts your way and also to Jace. XXXXX

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 09:58 AM
Just found a lost dogs site http://dogdetective.com/register.cfm get on there and register and also take their advice and call all shelters, humane societies and pounds & let them know about Jace.

Take care x

edel
18th July 2006, 11:05 AM
Im so very sorry to hear about Jace, Danielle. I cant imagine what you are going through. Ill will be thinking about you both and praying for his safe return. I know you will get him back, if everyone sends positive thoughts i know you will.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

brid kenny
18th July 2006, 11:29 AM
Keeping you in the thoughts and prayers.

Nicki
18th July 2006, 11:54 AM
SO very very sorry to hear this, I think it's everyone''s worst nightmare.

Donna has put some good advice up...in case he has been stolen, make him "too hot to handle" - so poster everywhere as you are doing, and visit all the shelters in your area - don't just 'phone as they may not know what a Cavalier looks like.

Thinking of you, will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hurray home wee Jace.

Karlin
18th July 2006, 12:47 PM
Oh so sorry to read this. I too will be hoping for his swift return; this must be so terribly upsetting to you. be sure to go around to all the shelters/pounds and let police know as well. Often the pounds/shelters will say they don't have a dog when they do -- because one person may describe a dog one way and another see the dog very differently (and miss even the right sex!). So it is worth getting notices up everywhere and getting into all the shelters each day or so.

Good luck and hope he is back with you very quickly. :flwr:

Mary
18th July 2006, 01:38 PM
Oh my. I am so sorry ...I am hoping by this time Jace is back home. It is a horrible feeling. I had a dog once missing for two weeks. Combed the area a million times looking for her and did what you did. Posters /flyers with her pic. I alerted all the local vets also. Also make sure the local humane societies have a picture. That is where I retrieved her. They had picked her up and had my pic so they called and I was fortunate it was her. Good thoughts going out for the return of Jace!

misty
18th July 2006, 02:04 PM
Omg - you poor thing!

That is my absolute worst nightmare.

I wish we could all help. Saying my prayers.

Please don't lose hope - I've read accounts on dogslost over here of dogs being returned weeks and weeks later.

*Jenný*
18th July 2006, 02:29 PM
Æjji.. I know how you feel... Bono has got lost, and I was just out of my mind :(

Hope he will showe up soon, I send my prayers to you :flwr:

Gillian
18th July 2006, 03:01 PM
I will be praying for his safe return. Good Luck!!!

danielle
18th July 2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks so much for the support. Here are some pictures of Jace. He is 4 months and 8 1/2 lbs. He's still a puppy so there is nothing too, too revealing aside from all the regular Cavalier traits. He's a smart, michevious little devil but he knows when he's done something wrong and will find a corner to pout until you forgive him. Ice cubes are his favorite treats, he loves sitting by the fridge and of course forget about using your pillow because his favorite place to sleep is right where you want to lay your head.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/anothersouthernbelle/100_0808sm.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/anothersouthernbelle/100_0806sm.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/anothersouthernbelle/100_0749sm.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/anothersouthernbelle/100_0744sm.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/anothersouthernbelle/100_0593sm.jpg

nlg679
18th July 2006, 04:17 PM
Oh my heart is breaking for you!
I am saying a prayer for you!

arasara
18th July 2006, 04:44 PM
have you thought about putting colored flyers up for people as well? I know you can see him in black and white but I personally think color helps give a better description and also creates more emotions because it feels like it's "real."

Jace is so adorable..!!! and Good luck again! Let us know when he comes home (:

molly
18th July 2006, 07:52 PM
We are praying for Jace's safe and quick return home. Hugs, Molly.

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 09:57 PM
Danielle,

I'm really hoping your darling boy is home soon. I'm a registered Dog Lost helper here & have been involved in two successful 'finds' 2/2 missing!

When you've got your posters be sure to also poster every single Vets surgery and animal hospital as well as local shops - charity shops will usually poster for free.

As one of the others has already said, colour posters are better than black and white as it's the colours of the dog that catch peoples eyes.

A few weeks ago a trail hound went missing locally and as I was postering for her, people were coming up to me and saying that they thought they'd seen her. She was eventually found three weeks after going missing, by a farmer, in a field almost 30 miles away - NEVER GIVE UP HOPE - he's out there somewhere. Just make him too hot for anyone to keep.

I wish I could be with you I'd help you search, I really would. Take care and good luck xxxxx

danielle
18th July 2006, 11:34 PM
Now I hate to get my hopes up too much because I'm scared I'll get there and it won't be him but it's not like there are a ton of adorable little brown and white bundles of joy that were wandering around my street around noon yesterday. We're very blessed to have a couple connections in town with my fiance's job so several radio stations as well as the local news advertised and we got a call!!!! The guy said he found him walking down the road and he heard it on one of the stations. I wanted to go ahead and post the good news and I'll post tonight when I verify my baby is home. I'm so sorry to get everyone concerned but thank you so much for your support!

arasara
18th July 2006, 11:44 PM
Oh my goodness that's so wonderful!!! Congratulations.. Hope everything goes well.. I was praying for you! Such good news!! :) b*n*n* :rah: :*nana:

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 11:58 PM
Oh Danielle I do so hope it is him and that he's just had an adventure :l*v:

I'm off to bed now but sending positive thoughts your way that it is Jace :flwr: I'll bet Caden is pining for him too? x

RockNRollCav
19th July 2006, 12:14 AM
:xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr: I hope it's him!! :xfngr: :xfngr: :xfngr:

danielle
19th July 2006, 03:35 AM
My baby is home!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was him! I still don't know if it was him wandering off or he was nabbed and the reward money caught their eye but either way my baby is back. I think Caden was more excited than I. Jace seems to be worn out, I'm sure he slept as little as Caden and I did. He got a second wind when we came home though and he and Caden have been fighting like crazy!

It's amazing how smart they are. Caden knew something was wrong, he acted so strangely yesterday. And he didn't eat a thing since Jace disappeared, nor would be touch his food today. I tried to hand feed him and he would take the food out of my hand, walk under the dining room table and drop it off, come back for another handful, etc. As soon as we picked up Jace they both went straight for the food and chowed down like there was no tomorrow.

I'm setting an appointment to get them both micro-chipped tomorrow. First thing when they wake up, collars are going on. My gate will remain cloesd at all times. I will wake up half an hour earlier so I can supervise their play time, regardless of the fence.

Thank you all so much for the thoughts and support and prayers. I'm so glad to report such a happy ending and though it didn't feel quick, in hindsight I realize we're lucky to have him back home after only one night.

Mary
19th July 2006, 03:40 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad Jace is home. Hug those little guys tight tonight!!! Yay yay yay!!!

Charleen
19th July 2006, 03:44 AM
I have been praying for you & Jace and I am so happy for you both!

judy
19th July 2006, 03:58 AM
:D :D :D
great news! when i saw his photos, before i knew you found him, i had a good feeling about him. i said to myself, "He's a survivor." He has some definitely distinctive things about him. he sure loves the water!
i'm really happy for you all.

nlg679
19th July 2006, 04:07 AM
:jump:
Oh ThANK GOODNESS!!!!!
I have been logging on ALL NITE LONG looking for good news!
Give your puppy a BIG hug from ALL of us!
I am sooooo happy for you!

Nancy
NJ

Kingofthehouse86
19th July 2006, 04:08 AM
That's GREAT news We're all glad that ur baby is home...Give him a big hug and a good meal

arasara
19th July 2006, 04:59 AM
aww thank God!! Congratulations.. I am so happy for you.. you can sleep soundly tonight at least (: ! That's sad that your other one wouldn't eat, but thank God everything is over now!! Give them both big hugs from us!! (: Take care and get some snugglin with your new blessing Jace!@ (: :rah:

Maxxs_Mummy
19th July 2006, 11:46 AM
:rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah:

So pleased he's home again. As you said about the reward money, it could also have been that with radio coverage etc you also made him 'Too hot to handle' :flwr:

:rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah: :rah:

Cathy Moon
19th July 2006, 12:34 PM
I can breathe again! First thing I did this morning was log on to see if you found him. What a relief! I'm sooooooooo happy for you! :flwr:

Claire
19th July 2006, 01:31 PM
I haven't been able to log in for a few days and was getting more worried each message until the one that said he is home, I am so happy for you - what a scarey day - kisses and hugs to Jace...

amanda L
19th July 2006, 02:01 PM
Delighted to hear you have Jace back :jump:

hellsbells
19th July 2006, 02:58 PM
That is great news. It has to be my worst fear too. I am so happy for you. :w**h**:

Nicki
19th July 2006, 04:30 PM
OH thank goodness so relieved for you...

Cuddle him close, he's a very brave boy and we're just so thrilled he's back safely where he belongs.

JaneB
19th July 2006, 04:46 PM
What wonderful, happy news, Danielle. I woke up in the middle of the night and thought of you and Jace. I'm so happy your boy made it home safely. Did the guy that returned him actually ACCEPT your reward? I found a couple of dogs running down the middle of a road a few weeks ago. They both had tags so I phoned the number and found that an elderly man had lost them a few days before. When I returned them, I found that he was offering a very large reward for them. When I told him I couldn't accept money for getting them reunited, he insisted on paying the reward!!! I asked him if he would make the check out to our local Humane Society instead. I can't imagine someone benefitting from someone else's loss. Oh, well. I guess the main thing is Jace is home.

JaneB

danielle
20th July 2006, 03:41 AM
What a wonderful nights rest we all got, and a great day. I'm so happy to have him home I just can't stop hugging him! About the reward, I'm not sure yet, since we didn't know this guy and had no idea what the situation was my fiance talked to him beforehand and told him he'd be in town in four days and they'd deal with the money side, in the meantime to just give me my puppy! He didn't think it was a good idea I go to some strangers house with a large amount of cash. So we'll see... Right now the boys are fighting over greenbeans. Jace doesn't really like them, he just likes to try and bite them out of Caden's mouth cause he does. :lol:

Alison_Leighfield
20th July 2006, 12:22 PM
Wonderful news...home safe! Hug him tight!

:w**h**:

:jmp:

:mexwav:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Cathy T
20th July 2006, 04:33 PM
Oh my gosh...I just read your initial post. My heart dropped and I held my breath as I scrolled through looking to see what happened. You made me cry!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you that this all worked out. You sure are lucky!!!! This is one of my biggest fears...that one of my guys whill escape and someone will find him/her and keep them! Whew...now I can breathe again.

danielle
20th July 2006, 08:15 PM
This is one of my biggest fears...that one of my guys whill escape and someone will find him/her and keep them! Whew...now I can breathe again.All I could think was how adorable he is, how smart and loveable and if I found a dog like him I'd certainly keep him! Ha, just kidding but really, I am just so thankful to have him home.

brid kenny
20th July 2006, 09:37 PM
YAHOO!!!!! :D :D
Great there's a happy ending.

Karlin
21st July 2006, 11:57 AM
What great news; a reward offered can make all the difference between someone deciding to keep him and someone handing him in. Ypou may never know the situation in which he disappeared; he may well just have gone wandering off. Was he found far away from your home? If so then someone probably picked him up. You are so lucky to have him back.

cl*p

crimperess
8th August 2006, 08:53 PM
So glad your young man has been found. He is absolutely beautiful :D