We've just heard from Many Tears that our home-check was fine! :D

Going to collect our new friend on Sunday, for his new life in the North. :D :D

Jen
18th July 2006, 09:33 PM
That's so great, congrats!!!! :flwr: :flwr:

misty
18th July 2006, 09:41 PM
Thank you.

We've all been so lonely since Declan went to the Bridge in May.

Who'd have thought it would be so hard to find the right canine companion for Cailean. Lost count of the number of dogs we just missed out on etc!

But things happen for a reason. :)

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 10:04 PM
Fran,

Have sent you a PM! Really, really pleased that you're getting your little man. He couldn't wish to go to anyone more caring and loving towards Cavaliers :flwr: Your darling Cailean will be pleased to have company again too :flwr:

Karlin
18th July 2006, 11:10 PM
:jump: :jump:

Great news; can't wait to see the pics once the new friend is settled into your place!

RockNRollCav
18th July 2006, 11:13 PM
Oh yay! How fabulous!! We hope to adopt next time, and I'm glad to see that you're getting a chance to better the life of a little angel! :)

misty
18th July 2006, 11:14 PM
If anybody hasn't seen him yet....

http://www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue/dogslookingforhomes.htm

He is the last Cavalier listed on 13th July. Unfortunately he is called "Fickle" the bitch there, but that's our boy.

Handsome or what?

Apparently he's got a wonderfully waggy tail as well. He sounds a darling.

:D

Moviedust
18th July 2006, 11:47 PM
What a manly Fickle he is!! :) Congrats on getting the fellow. Have you thought about his new name?

Maxxs_Mummy
18th July 2006, 11:51 PM
You know, the more I look at 'her ' picture the more boyish he looks :lol:

misty
18th July 2006, 11:59 PM
It's odd, isn't it?

We thought "she" was pretty.....

now we think HE is handsome!

Maxxs_Mummy
19th July 2006, 12:02 AM
LMAO bless him he is handsome and looks as if he is ready to come home to his new Mummy :lol:

If Maxx doesn't stop playing me up, he'll be looking for a new home too :x I've got to be up early to drive my son to a school golf day tomorrow and Maxx won't go to bed. He wants to stand in the garden and sniff the air :roll: . evetytime I shut the doors he batters them with his paws and barks at me to tell me off :x grrrrrrrrrrrrr

molly
19th July 2006, 12:05 AM
Awww, he's a darlin' little stud muffin! Glad your other boy is getting a mate. Our Katie is blind in one eye and it sure hasn't slowed her down. She's our ball of fire. Can't wait to hear what his new name will be (you are changing "her" name I hope icon_whistling !)

Mary
19th July 2006, 02:34 AM
Congratulations!! Your "Fickle" is a fine looking pup. Can't wait for more pics once he is home. That site makes me so sad with all the sad stories. Those faces are heart breakers. That lovely retriever that has been beaten over the head.....what are they thinking ?????

misty
19th July 2006, 10:40 AM
Well, we are naming him "Bradley" :)

Arrangements been made to collect him Sunday morning!

Maxxs_Mummy
19th July 2006, 11:15 AM
What a lovely Welsh name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've been watching too much Eastenders, Fran - his colouring is the same colour as Bradley's hair too ;) :lol: :lol:

I've always liked that name though :D

Claire
19th July 2006, 12:54 PM
That is such great news - I am so happy for you.....yippeeeeeeeeeee

Alison_Leighfield
19th July 2006, 12:59 PM
Donna dearest,

Us red heads are the best !! b*n*n*

Honey Buns had the same red as me.....and the white to go with it (like me) Wow that hurt to admit that one !! :*nana:

Call it gracefull ageing LOL.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy
19th July 2006, 01:28 PM
Donna dearest,

Us red heads are the best !! b*n*n* .

How can I disagree when my own hair is a fetching shade of watermelon red, thanks to Mr Garnier :lol:

Honey Buns had the same red as me.....and the white to go with it (like me) Wow that hurt to admit that one !! :*nana: . Hahahaha I bet it did but she never moaned about her white like you do :badgrin:

Call it gracefull ageing LOL.

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Call it what you like - you're getting old :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :lol:

Alison_Leighfield
19th July 2006, 06:40 PM
Cor....Wow....that was so cruel and cutting, LOL

...me old...never, ever!

Still young at heart! like a spring chicken......

well perhaps without so much of the spring... LOL... and less feathers!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Nicki
19th July 2006, 09:01 PM
You're only as old as you feel, don't forget that...and Rupert says that white/grey is very distuinghesed, even if Mummy can't spell it!!

Bradley is very handsome, I'm so excited for you, I'm sure Cailean will be thrilled to have a new brother so he can teach him all his naughty tricks LOL why do they never teach each other the good stuff!!!

This is Fran's Bradley

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/RupertsMum/fickle-cav.jpg

misty
20th July 2006, 12:58 PM
I've just been in tears of joy.

Sylvia at M/T tells me that Bradley has been having strong antibiotics for his bad eye.

They've worked wonders and the vet says he's not blind in it after all. :) Isn't that wonderful?! I can't believe it.

How can I feel so much love for a little guy I've never even met? :) I'm in tears just thinking about it.

I can see this is the start of an emotional rollercoaster with our puppy farm rescuee. Undoubtedly there will be many more tears - both joy and pain.

Bradley is apparently walking really well on a lead, and behaves well with the other male dogs at M/T. Sylvia says he's acting more like a normal dog every day. She thinks (and I agree) that he may have lived in a home before.

Mary
20th July 2006, 01:02 PM
Oh yay for Bradley. His life is getting better all the time and this will continue thanks to you......can't wait for pics of him in his happy new home. :)

Alison_Leighfield
20th July 2006, 01:58 PM
That is just fantastic news about your little guy...I'm crying as well....

Yes, an emotional ride are true words. I know you love him, I love all of them when I see them, each so very special, brave and needing of a very good home...you can't help it...your heart just goes out to them....everyone, everytime, all the time.

Soon he will be yours... safe, secure, loved and very, very much wanted.

Lucky you!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Sunna
20th July 2006, 02:07 PM
Awww he is very cute :l*v: It is so GREAT you are gonna safe him!

misty
20th July 2006, 03:08 PM
That is just fantastic news about your little guy...I'm crying as well....

Yes, an emotional ride are true words. I know you love him, I love all of them when I see them, each so very special, brave and needing of a very good home...you can't help it...your heart just goes out to them....everyone, everytime, all the time.

Soon he will be yours... safe, secure, loved and very, very much wanted.

Lucky you!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Alison, I can see how much you're wanting to travel the same road again some time when your heart is a little bit mended.

What you've done is so wonderful - I know what you mean about falling in love with all of them.

I've been showing Anne, who I work with, all of the dogs at Many Tears. She wants them all too.

Alison_Leighfield
20th July 2006, 03:20 PM
Yes, one day...

We all have our dreams...

Mine would be to sell up in the town and move to the country, own a home with land and open my own small Cavalier Rescue where dogs like these could stay for a while and be gently introduced to life before going on to forever homes...a bit like a half way stop to freedom...with no limit on the time they stayed....and with total devotion to their care while they were here...

Yes that would be my dream....bliss...

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

misty
20th July 2006, 03:41 PM
Yes, one day...

We all have our dreams...

Mine would be to sell up in the town and move to the country, own a home with land and open my own small Cavalier Rescue where dogs like these could stay for a while and be gently introduced to life before going on to forever homes...a bit like a half way stop to freedom...with no limit on the time they stayed....and with total devotion to their care while they were here...

Yes that would be my dream....bliss...

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I think my little girl would move in with you, Alison. That is her dream.

She wants to be a vet, in order to fund her dream.

Alison_Leighfield
21st July 2006, 12:36 PM
Starting the countdown........not long now till you have him home.

Roll on Sunday! :mexwav:

Safe journey in the :drivecar: take care,

Alison, wilts, U.K

misty
21st July 2006, 01:18 PM
Starting the countdown........not long now till you have him home.

Roll on Sunday! :mexwav:

Safe journey in the :drivecar: take care,

Alison, wilts, U.K

Just been shopping for Bradley, and also for some goodies for Many Tears, so even more excited now. :)

Managed to get a good few blankets, towels etc together for Sylvia too.

I'm just silly - so excited when we got his name tag engraved. :D

Piccies tomorrow night or Sunday, no doubt.

Alison_Leighfield
21st July 2006, 03:10 PM
Oh yes please, lots of pics, :snap: :snap: :snap:

You will be a very specialy mummy to this little boy, how very lucky is he to have found you. :lotsaluv:

Give him a hug from me as well. :luv:

Alison, wilts, U.k.

Nicki
21st July 2006, 03:47 PM
So very excited for you Fran, it's great news about Bradley's eye.

It does sound as if he was once in a home - maybe a run on puppy from a show home? Sadly they do end up in puppy farms sometimes, it's not jsut pups the farmers have bred that have for breeding.

Wishing you a safe and happy journey tomoorrow, take lots of water just in case, I think it's still going to be hot.

Thinking of you

misty
21st July 2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks, Nicki.

Well, the car is packed and ready for the off at 5 am - and yes, plenty of water on board.

Thank goodness for air-conditioning too; should make the little fella a bit more comfortable for his long journey.

:)

Alison_Leighfield
21st July 2006, 10:04 PM
Fran,

I thought you were going Sunday but it's tomorrow....

I am so excited for you.... heavens knows what you must be like!!!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

misty
21st July 2006, 10:19 PM
Fran,

I thought you were going Sunday but it's tomorrow....

I am so excited for you.... heavens knows what you must be like!!!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Alison, when Sylvia told me that the only other Cavalier left was going on Saturday, I thought Bradley would be lonely !!!

Was only going on Sunday 'cos we thought the motorways would be quieter, but Bradley's more important.

I'm going to bed shortly - hope I can sleep!

Maxxs_Mummy
21st July 2006, 11:32 PM
Cor....Wow....that was so cruel and cutting, LOL.

Moi, dahlink? As if ... ;) :lol:

...me old...never, ever!.

Yup 'fraid so and a few months older than me if I remember rightly hahahaha (At least I hope you're the eldest..... :yikes)

Still young at heart! like a spring chicken.......

You'll be out picking up some worm next..... :badgrin:

well perhaps without so much of the spring... LOL... and less feathers!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I'll be inspecting everything you give me to eat or drink for stray feathers now :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're only as old as you feel, don't forget that...and Rupert says that white/grey is very distuinghesed, even if Mummy can't spell it!! .

Yes, right, thank you very much, we don't need you or Rupert encouraging her, Nicki :yuk: :lol:

Hope everything goes well Fran and I'd be the same - I always want them all when I visit rescues. No dog deserves to be in prison, they should all have a nice warm/cool bed to sleep on at night and a loving Mum or Dad to cuddle them :l*v:

Maxxs_Mummy
22nd July 2006, 08:48 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is a secret.....

Fran's got her baby and he is yummy :D I want to keep him - she's going to post pics when she gets home (or probably tomorrow) as it's a long, long way and it's been a long day for them all.

You would never believe he was a puppy farm rescue as he is so well behaved and well adjusted - he already knows his name!!!!

Right, that's it Fran will tell you the rest :D

emsley
22nd July 2006, 09:27 PM
I am so please and excited for you!
I know what a wonderful job Sylvia does at Many Tears - all credit to her.
Here's to a wonderful, fun and laughter filled future :D :D

Mary
22nd July 2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the update Donna. Helps to decrease the anxiety waiting for news and pics of course!

misty
22nd July 2006, 11:17 PM
Well, we're home :)

Bradley is sprawled across one sofa as if he's lived here for years and years!

We had a long but lovely journey back. Bradley sat or slept in his basket all the way - much of the time he was upside down, with him opening his back legs wide to entice me into tickling his belly :D.

The journey back was made even nicer by meeting Donna & family + Maxx & Charlie. Maxx is soooo funny - I want him! Bradley was so sociable with both Maxx and Charlie. He enjoyed himself so much, he even stayed for tea ;), before relaxing on a patio chair.

When we got home, hubby and Jennifer took Bradley straight to the recreation field behind our house, whilst I went to fetch Cailean for a late night walkie. They met on the field outside, and we tried to keep it 'cool' - just like meeting a strange dog on a walk.

They then spent a long time in the garden together, with both Bradley and Cailean being very clingy to me. It seems the long journey make has reinforced Bradley's idea that I am HIS mum :).

They're now back indoors. Bradley's been out for another wee, and now they're not sure whether to kiss or ignore each other!

Just too tired to download photo's tonight, having been out for 19 hours now.

I'll post lots more about the little fella tomorrow. For the moment, suffice it to say you would never believe he's a puppy farm dog in his behaviour.

Everyone's had countless kisses from him.

Charleen
22nd July 2006, 11:21 PM
I have been waiting to hear the end of the story with Bradley. So exciting for us all. Get some rest and then give us more!! Pictures please. :lol: :D

arasara
23rd July 2006, 12:09 AM
alright! ! You got him back.. I have been checking frequently for new news. :P hehe. I am glad he's adjusting well to life with caileen. Congrats and take care! Get some sleep! :)

Alison_Leighfield
23rd July 2006, 06:17 AM
I cried with joy for you all Fran, thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking this little guy into your hearts and home, bless you for giving him a new lovely life to look forward to, I'm in tears with old memories but there are tears of joy in there as well for you all.

Love Alison x

Wilts, U.K.

misty
23rd July 2006, 11:19 AM
Well, he's shattered now!!!

We were sitting out together at 6.30 this morning, enjoying the morning sun before it got too hot. One Cav either side of me - lots of kisses.

Cailean thinks all his Christmases have come at once. I thought he had been lonely; seems I was so right. He is sooooo excited and happy.

They are sharing occasional kisses now and both run out into the garden together at high speed, both weeing in the same places (of course!).

Bradley even had his breakfast in the same room as Cailean :)

We had a short walkie before the sun got hot and Bradley's been sitting on Jennifer's lap on the patio.

He's so tired now. I keep thinking he's so quiet, but of course he's probably done more in the past 2 days than he's ever done in the whole of his life before.

Hubby will download photos later, then I'll post some up here.

Charleen
23rd July 2006, 11:46 AM
I am so glad that Bradley and Cailean have taken to each other so quickly. What happy times they and you all are enjoying. Can't wait for pictures! :D :D

Mary
23rd July 2006, 01:36 PM
Sounds like the perfect match for Bradley and you all! Congrats!!

Maxxs_Mummy
23rd July 2006, 02:08 PM
Fran,

I'm so pleased you got home OK :flwr: Hope Jennifer was OK on the way home? Really glad that Caillean loves Bradley - saying that, there's nothing not to love about him :l*v: he's quite adorable and so full of love :l*v:. After you left, Geraint said 'It's a shame Bradley had to go home isn't it, Mum?' - I wonder how long it'll be before he's nagging his Dad for another :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to seeing more pics of him, including some of him and Caillean together :flwr: X

misty
23rd July 2006, 02:10 PM
awwww - gushing here!

Cailean was resting in the corner of the room and Bradley went up to him and gave him a big kiss :D

Maxxs_Mummy
23rd July 2006, 02:11 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww bless him. He really is such a lovely little fella, you enjoy him, you deserve each other :lotsaluv:

misty
23rd July 2006, 02:43 PM
I'm waiting for hubby to get back home with the camera lead - in the meantime, Donna e-mailed me these:

Looking At Mummy, At Maxx & Charlie's Place

http://images.fotopic.net/yxyl6h.jpg

Me And My New Friend Maxx

http://images.fotopic.net/yxyl6i.jpg

Me And Mummy Again
http://images.fotopic.net/yxyl6g.jpg

Maxxs_Mummy
23rd July 2006, 02:50 PM
See, you were meant for each other :lotsaluv: I still can't believe the way he was running round kissing everyone and then curled up on the sofa next to Jennifer and used her lap as a pillow - contented or what?

You really do deserve each other :D x

Mary
23rd July 2006, 02:52 PM
Great pics Fran. So glad this has turned out so well.....meant to be I say!

Maxxs_Mummy
23rd July 2006, 03:01 PM
Btw, they have got orange paws because my hubby was laying some pebbles in the garden yesterday and they kept wandering in and out of them and getting all orangey from the dust on them :roll: :lol:

Claire
24th July 2006, 11:03 AM
That's great news Fran, see it was meant to be....