• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vacation??

Kingofthehouse86

Ok well in bout little less then a month we're goin on vacation to visit my aunt uncle and cousin...they live bout 15 mins from VA Beach...well my aunt is really big on dog shows and agility....so she has basically a whole agility set in her backyard..well last time we were there I could only get King to go through the tunnel (a 20ft tunnel)..but the only way to get him to go the first time was to go through with him!!!! so here i was inching my way 20ft through this tunnel that i just barely fit in... :lol: after bout 20 mins on me inching through wit him he loved goin through it by himself...every1 was laughing their a**es off @ me inching through..

So this time Im hoping we can try to do the weeve poles or the A frame.. I also want to go check out some stores to try to find some new things for my baby...

Also King is really looking forward to this trip...He got 8 cousins there too..7 papillons and 1 poodle but the poodle is to fond of King but they get along so it will b like a big mob of fur running around at play time....

I'll take lots of pictures....hopefully we'll go to the beach so we can go swimming too...

:lol: Hi Aaron, That sounds like a fun vacation! I'm laughing about you inching through the tunnel to teach King! In agility class we started out scrunching the tunnel up to make it short - most dogs will go in if they can see right through. Then we gradually lengthen it, and finally add a curve when they are used to running the full length.

I made my own equipment (jumps and weaves) very inexpensively with pvc pipe. I will try to post pictures this week so you can see how easy it is! It will be easy to teach King to jump, but weaves are more difficult, and people usually use one of two methods - your aunt will show you! I'm still luring Geordie through the weaves with treats!

If you start off with the a-frame not too steep, King will probably learn it easily! Little dogs like the a-frame because they are up high and like the view!! :lol:

When King was bout 7-8months we did try the weave poles he only got through 3 poles then lost interest...Her A-frame is only like 4ft tall so hopefully he'll get the hang of it....Cathy every1 was laughing so hard that they were literally crying when i was inching through the tunnel... hopefully we'll get good pics of him and his cousins to

Dogs are wonderful! :lol: I think I would have to do this to, go through the tunnel with my boys. Probably I would have to go first with some cheese or something good in my hands so Molder would come but maybe Fjalar would go alone hehe..
I look forward to see the pictures ;)

Got any pics of you in the tunnel????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why is it that we'll do all sorts of daft things for our dogs that we'd never do for another human? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aaron - sounds like you are all going to have a wonderful vacation. Definitely take lots of pictures...and have lots of fun!

Have fun on your vacation Aaron! Take lotsa pictures (especially if you have to inch through that tunnel again!) lol :p

WoodHaven said:
Ahhhh-- what is a va-ca-tion.. Nope -- I don't get it? Sandy

I think for us multiple dog people that is just a day off from work spent home cuddling with the puppies! Really can't think of any place I would rather be anyway!

Here are photos of the inexpensive jumps I made at home, they cost just a few dollars to make.
IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

Aaron have fun on your vacation !!! I leave for ours in a week ! Take lost of pics !

Thanks Cathy ;)

Aaron,
My son and daughter-in-law live at Virginia Beach and last fall we took our dogs. We went out on the beach and walked on the boardwalk. People constantly stopped us to pet Rudy and my two Shih tzus. Most of the people were fasinated with Rudy, many had not seen a Cavalier. My husband got concerned with all the attention, he worried that someone would try to steal them :shock: . When I got on an elevator to go up to the hotel room a man got on with me and my three dogs. He looked at me and said, "in my next life I would like to come back as a dog". :lol: :lol: :lol: I laughed and as I have watched my dogs in their serious business of sleeping away their days I have thought about that man's comment and just laughed!
Enjoy your trip, Virginia Beach is a great place. (y) The boardwalk is wonderful walking with a dog but off limits for pets until after Labor Day. :(

Last time we were there most ppl kept thinking King was a weird looking Cocker Spaniel...or a small Brittany....was like are u guys nuts!!! King is gonna love the beach last time we didn't get to go to the beach just around town

Back