• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eating Grass

James C

Hi new to the world of King Charles. Have a seven month old dog. He is in brill form eats well and is growing every day. When he is out in the back garden he eats grass and green leaves . I asked the vet and he told me i had nothing to worry about that that was a good thing for a dog to do. He also said for a King Charles he had a very good heart. Has any one else ever had a dog that eats a lot of grass. trying to upload a pic.[/url]

Yep!! I jokingly call Leo "my little Holstein" as he looks like a miniature cow with his colouring and grazes like one, too. Eating grass is his favourite activity when we're at the park. :lol:

All three that I have in the house eat grass. None do it to vomit -- they seem to like the roughage and it does certainly, um, reappear as an aid to firm poops! I have seen them actively seek out grass when they have stomach upsets too.

There's directions for putting up pics in the Getting Started section at the top of the board. (y)

HI James and welcome to the board

Great to hear that you have a King Charles - is your pup definitely a King Charles or is he a Cavalier King Charles?

Many of the Cavaliers are "grazers", they do seem to enjoy grass, and as long as there aren't any signs of digestive upset - mucus in the poo, diarrhoea etc, then he should be fine.

Be wary of leaves...some are poisonous.

HOpe to see a pic of your baby

Thanks for that . He is a tri colour cavalier King Charles. He is such a funny dog . What ever you have in your hand he has to have a smell of it he is so nosey every thing in the house is his until he chews it up then its mine again.

Yes! One of my boys, Molder, LOVES grass! He loves to eat, he loves everything that is possible to eat and impossible to :lol: Always when we are outside he start to eat grass and he eat and eat and eat! My other boy, Fjalar, just eat grass when he needs to but Molder is just doing that because he want some food.

Hi James and icon_welcome to the board,

No worries on the name - we've got a Charlie too and there's a Charlie a few doors up from us as well :lol: It's obviously a popular name for a Cavalier :lol:

Anyway, my Maxx has the nickname of Maxxymoos as he eats more grass than the local cows and is almost the same colour :lol:

He likes to eat flowers as well, especially if they are expensive ones :roll:

Welcome! My Abbey eat grass and mulch all the time!! Our new pup, a miniature Schnauzer hasn't caught onto his sister's habit...yet! :lol:

Hey there and welcome! icon_welcome

Bono eats grass sometimes, but Nóra eats it like she doesn't have anything else!

To day my little brother said to me Jenny, did you know that Nóra is turning into a horse? :lol: LOL

Every day my 3 eat grass. I have been calling them my herd of cows or horses or sheep, it depends on the day which kind of animal I call them. They only seem to be nibbling, so they don't get sick.

My girls eat grass too we even have a little section of longer grass in the garden just for them . It does help the digestive system . Our 2 cats have even taken up the grazing. Your little Charlie is ok eating grass but not leaves. Try letting a small section of grass grow longer in the garden 6 inches square.
Mimi

karlin said:
Yep!! I jokingly call Leo "my little Holstein" as he looks like a miniature cow with his colouring and grazes like one, too. :

How funny! We often comment on our Holstein, Black Angus, and American Short Horn (i think) grazing around in the paddock! :lol:

Hi James and Charlie, Ozzy is my grass eater - I know he is eating it as I always hear a choking sound - and rush out and he has swallowed it - the guy that does our garden now has to trim all round the garden now.... ha ha.

Back