• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I can't wait to get my future baby

Kdemars

Hi everyone! My name is Kristen. I live in South Carolina and I pick my future puppy September 15th. I'm so worried right now that I do everything right but I'm sure once I get her everything will be fine.

My history - My mother passed away 2 weeks ago and I moved in with my father and we decided that we could use a puppy - for companionship and something to take our minds off of things. I have wanted one for 2 years but due to my mother's illness it was not an option for me to have excess exposures to infections.

I will be getting a blenheim baby girl and I can't wait. I have read a ton of information from this site already that has been very helpful. One question I have is what size kennel I should get. I want one of those wire ones that you can see through (but I'll get a cover for it). Any suggestions on that or anything would be nice.

It's great to meet you all and I look forward to chatting with you in the future! :D

Hi Kristen, sorry to hear about your mother - a Cavalier will be a great campanion for you and your father - my lot don't have a kennel... so I can really comment, Tess sounds great, we had a few names picked out before we went and saw what suited them when we saw them at 4 weeks..... :)

Welcome to the board! icon_welcome

As for crate size, I have read that Either an 18 X 24 inch or 21 X 30 inch wire crate will work, or a 200 Vari-Kennel Size.

I'm sure you're very excited to bring home your new love! She should make a perfect companion for you and your dad, and will give you lots to do, that's for sure!! :)

How old will she be when you pick her up? Have you met her yet in person?

I am so excited for you. They are a pure joy. I picked my blenheim girl up 4 weeks ago and she has been wonderful. :D

Thank you for your help.

I have not yet met the puppy. They were just born a few days ago and the woman who breeds them lives about 5 hours away so I'm not sure that I will see her until I pick her up - she will be 8 weeks old when I get her.

Hi Kristin. Welcome to our board. Sorry about your loss of your Mom. That is so difficult. I am glad you and your Dad have each other and the little puppy will give lots of good hugs and kisses that are oh so healing. Tess is a great name. Sometimes when you see them you will know what to name them right away....can't wait for the pup to be old enough to come home with you. We will love to see pics.

Back