• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cedar's New Obsession

Moviedust

We are visiting my parents this weekend, and my mother got out her basket of toys she's given to "the girls". They are toys that she's pulled from the remnants of her daycare, so we have to watch them closely. The stuffed bear, for example, has stuffing.

Anyway, one of the toys that Cedar thinks is THE BEST is a bumblebee that has a pull string. When you pull on the string, the bee buzzes and shakes. Obviously, this isnt a dog toy, so it's purely supervised. Cedar was mesmerized when we buzzed it for her the first time. When it buzzed out, she brought it back and we buzzed it again. Of course, this started a cycle that she could do for hours. Eventually, the human element tired of the constant pulling of the string. When Cedar wasnt immediately rewarded with a buzzing bee, she figured she could do it herself. She grabbed the little ring at the end of the string, held the bee in her front paws and got it buzzing. So now she lays there, pulls the string, and holds the buzzing bee. When it stops buzzing, she pulls the string again. OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. She's obsessed!! I dont know what she'll do when the motor wears out..... :roll:

That is very intelligent, very good mechanical reasoning. you better watch out :)

Oh that Cedar is smart. She'll be teaching Willow and the next thing you know they'll be making coffee in the morning. Isn't it amazing to see how they figure things out for themselves!

She sure is a smart little girl. Sure wish Jake could entertain himself like that!! :lol:

That has got to be the most intelligent thing I've ever heard of a cavalier doing!

Incredible. :)

Who said cavaliers were lower down on the intelligence scale!!!! :) Clever little girl Cedar!
Julie and the girls

arasara said:
Lol @ cedar. Do you have a digital movie recorder? I'd LOVE to see a clip of that.. !

I was just going to ask the same thing :lol:

Moviedust, you've just got to video her and put it on youtube for us to see, I'll bet she's really proud of herself, bless her.

OMG that is one of the CUTEST things I have ever seen a cavalier do!! :lol: :lol: I can't believe she figured out how to pull the cord to make the bee buzz!!

I am going to create a section in the gallery just for videos right now as we are getting quite a few and it is fun to have them all in one place, with an explanation for them too when people link to them. :)

Brilliant! and beautiful too. :flwr: her sister seems enthralled. 'stick around kid, you'll go far.' Cedar certainly is a camera hound and so photogenic. I noticed from your first avatar picture, and many others, i how she seemed enjoy the fun of being photoed by mom, the way some kids grin and wave when you turn a camera on them. She certainly performed perfectly for the video. thanks!! bravo!

happy0065.gif
happy0065.gif
happy0065.gif
happy0065.gif
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy way to go, Cedar you clever, clever girlie
happy0065.gif
happy0065.gif
happy0065.gif
happy0065.gif

Love the way Willow is watching with interest :lol:

LOL That's the funniest thing ever. It looks like she could keep herself busy for hours, :lol: . How funny. I love it!

That's great - what a clever girl - I have mouse like that somewhere, am going to have a look for it tonight.....

Back