• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Colorado

Hi everyone! I'm new to the Cavalier world, after having my heart captured by a very special little girl. We have Gracie who's four months old and she is the sweetest and most wonderful companion. I also have a golden, who's also the love of my life, and they have become the best of friends. They're so alike in temperament, although Gracie is somewhat feistier.

Anyway, I'm glad I found you all and I've learned so much already from all your posts. Cavaliers are truly special and I consider myself a very lucky lady to have been chosen by one.

I LOVE looking at all the photos, too!

Kathy

Here's my girl, Gracie

201300550_2ee7eef4d4.jpg

Welcome! Gracie is adorable, love the name, too--my niece is named Gracie. :)
I had Goldens when I was younger, and I've always said Cavs have very similar personalities and temperments as Goldens...but in a much smaller package! :D

Thanks for the warm welcome, Charleen & Jen.

I've found it to be really true about the temperatments of goldens and cav's being similar. Our golden (Sophie) has really adopted her and treats her like her own puppy. They're very cute to watch. I've never seen two dogs fall so in love with each other. Since I love photos, here are a few more.

201428543_7dcf3b7417.jpg

Gracie as a young pup.

201300560_425af4a399_m.jpg

Gracie's first day home.

201428536_79731d8baf.jpg

Playing tug

201428545_21387b490b_m.jpg

And just hanging out.

Welcome! Gracie and Sophie are both adorable. The pictures really show how well they get along. :luv:

Welcome Kathy, Gracie and Sophie. Love the pics. The girls are gorgeous. How old is Sophie. She has such a wise soft face. It is easy to see what good "buds" they are.

Is Sophie a white golden retriever? I have never seen one before. How wonderfully rare that must be. Sophie & Gracie look so happy together.

Hello! I love seeing small and bigger dogs together :)
They are looking grate lying next to each other.
Gracie is beautifull :)

Hi again, and thanks to you all for your warm welcome! I love taking pictures of my doggies, but I'll try not to bombard you with too many :)

Sophie is what I was told an "English style" golden. Maybe someone who actually lives in Europe can enlighten me. I got her from a breeder in California and he gets all his dogs from Europe. He does specialize in the light cream/white color. My last golden died of cancer and she was absolutely like a daughter to me, and I'm still grieving for her. She was a beautiful medium golden color. I knew I wanted another golden, but was afraid if I got one that looked like her, I'd expect her to be her, if that makes any sense. So, when I saw this color, I decided it was the way to go for me. Sophie has the most gentle and loving temperament. Here are my favorite photos of her, when she was a puppy seeing snow for the first time, and then when she was a year old. She'll be two years old next month.

201826476_498c63b7e9.jpg

201826477_694384907a_m.jpg

201826481_ec1f658d73.jpg

I was amazed and delighted at how well she accepted Gracie and that she really does mother her. Sophie is spayed, so I think it's wonderful for her that she gets to experience being a Mommy without having to go through all the other stuff. It only took them a day to become friends. The only thing I have to watch are the toys. According to Sophie, they're all hers :), especially the baby ones. But when I take one away from her, she just lets it go. No fuss, no problem. She has a wonderful temperament.

I have some cute clips of them playing together, that I'll post on the other board.

Thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome! There's sooo much good information on this board. It's wonderful!

Kathy

Back