PDA

View Full Version : Looking for special homes for puppies...

Nicki
30th July 2006, 08:12 PM
NESSR are looking for some very special homes for a litter of Blenheim puppies.

Mum came into rescue 7 weeks pregnant, and produced 6 beautiful puppies - I think 3 boys and 3 girls.

The parents have probably not been health checked prior to the breeding - little is known about the history, so the pups need to go to knowledgable people prepared to deal with any health issues that may arise. I would strongly recommend insuring them just in case!

Hopefully they will all be healthy, they are three weeks old today, 3 of them are walking, 2 are crawling and one sits and watches! {Obviously planning his next move!} so are developing well.

NESSR are in the Scottish borders

There are some photos and a bit more about them here

http://nessr.proboards104.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=cavphotos&thread=1153157970&page=1

This is the main website for NESSR

http://www.nessr.org.uk/

Maxxs_Mummy
30th July 2006, 11:45 PM
Oh Nicki,

Aren't they just gorgeous? I could most certainly take one or two if only I could afford it. Alas, if I had to pay out more insurance, food and Vets fees at the minute I would be moving out and living in a tent :roll:

Come to think of it, if I got another baby just as hubs has worked so hard on the garden, I think I'd be out on my ear :lol:

Maybe if we win the lottery this week.....

Karlin
30th July 2006, 11:48 PM
Awwww, little squidgies. I am sure there will be queues. Fair play, Cynthia! I think I would be frozen with fear, having to birth babies! :shock: I've not had a pregnant mum come into rescue; I imagine there's a story there too.

Claire
31st July 2006, 11:37 AM
Oh, I hope they get them into nice homes... poor little guys.... to far from us..... :(

misty
31st July 2006, 12:14 PM
Note to self:

I cannot have a pup, I cannot have a pup, I cannot have a pup

Ermmm, it's not working :?

Busy reminding myself that my 2 boys have special needs from me - Cailean physically and Bradley emotionally.

Also trying to remind myself that I do want to get back to work outside the home part-time (struggling with my temp. home office at the mo' cos everything's in the wrong place!).

They are so wonderful though and Cynthia has done a wonderful job :)

Nicki
31st July 2006, 09:53 PM
I know they are just gorgeous aren't they?

Very big NOTE TO SELF...you are not having one!!!

Fingers crossed for the lottery for you Donna...and for my premiums bonds for tomorrow!!!

Nicki
3rd August 2006, 10:18 PM
Well the Premium bonds were a dismal failure again this month... :(

BUT

A big box arrived from Auntie Cynthia at NESSR today...I was all excited, lookng for air holes and listening for wee barks...but instead it was full of the most wonderful blankets to send to local rescues, bless her.

Karlin, I will sort out a parcel for you...

There may be a few blankets up for sale too {all proceeds to NESSR}, so watch the shopaholics thread...

Well the update on the pups is that there are still 3 girls and 1 boy looking for special loving forever homes...really need to be experienced Cavalier people. Don't worry if you are not in the immediate area, as long as you are prepared to travel to NESSR in the Scottish borders...please contact Cynthia if you are interested.

Karlin
4th August 2006, 12:22 AM
Hmmm I know a dachshund lover in Ireland who is considering cavaliers... 8)

I'll be watching for the package! Thanks so much. :jump:

Maxxs_Mummy
4th August 2006, 12:27 AM
Karlin one of those pups would be ideal for that dachsie lover - it'd be the best trained cavalier around :lol:

Have you decided what's happening to Lily yet?

Oh and btw, your rescue site is playing up - it loads and everything disappears :yikes

Karlin
4th August 2006, 12:29 AM
Lily's part of the household for the foreseeable future. :)

The site is working fine for me just now -- maybe it was a server glitch while you were viewing it?

Mary
4th August 2006, 12:32 AM
Yay Lily :fool: b*n*n* b*n*n* b*n*n* :jump: :rah: :rah:

Alison_Leighfield
4th August 2006, 07:28 AM
Ha Ha Lily, You did it!!!!!! :jump:

:rah: :rah: :rah: :w*w: :rah: :rah: :rah: :thmbsup:

Alison, wilts, U.k

Arne
4th August 2006, 09:51 AM
Ahh a wee boy all on his own

Cathy T
4th August 2006, 03:57 PM
Yay for Lily!!!

Maxxs_Mummy
5th August 2006, 01:31 PM

:rah: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy go Lily :rah: Methinks she's gotten right under your skin, Karlin :lotsaluv: :lol:

The site is working fine for me just now -- maybe it was a server glitch while you were viewing it?

Might be my computer as it's still doing it this morning :(

Karlin
5th August 2006, 03:41 PM
Might be a problem with your computer or browser with that particular page. Anyone esle having problems? I checked it on three doifferent browsers and had no problems. I'll try it later on the PC as well. Try reloading the page and see if that solves the problem -- it might just be that it is loading a bad page from the cache.

Tara wasn't even going to look at the puppies, but then she did! :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy
5th August 2006, 06:26 PM
It's still doing it :( I have clicked refresh about 20 times. The pictures and writing appear and then disappear just as quickly :roll: Must be me :(

So how many of the pups is Tara going to have? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nicki
7th August 2006, 10:32 AM

That's fantastic news Karlin, really pleased for you - and for Lily too!! :D :D

Nicki
7th August 2006, 10:33 AM
PUP UPDATE>>>>

Just TWO wee girlies left now....

Individual photos here:

http://nessr.proboards104.com/index.cgi?board=cavphotos&action=display&thread=1154887332&page=1

misty
7th August 2006, 11:30 AM
As these pups gets homes, one by one, the temptation to want one of the last 2 gets stronger and stronger.

Like Nicki, I was privileged to almost "watch" these pups being born - their rescuer e-mailed us almost one puppy by one! Declan's candle was lit right through the mum's labour, to wish them all a safe arrival :)

I have to remember I can't have EVERY Cavalier in the world!

Cailean and Bradley are darlings and I am kept quite busy attending to their needs :) :)

Anyone notice me trying to convince myself? ;)

nlg679
7th August 2006, 01:12 PM
Do It!!!! ;)

Nancy
NJ

misty
7th August 2006, 02:19 PM
Do It!!!! ;)

Nancy
NJ

lol - nope!

Hubby would never forgive me - I told him I wanted a rescue older Cavi in preference to one of these puppies.

If I had one, he'd think I'd be pulling the wool over his eyes ;)

Harry & Heidi's mom
11th August 2006, 08:59 PM
does girl number 5 have a home?? icon_whistling

Nicki
11th August 2006, 09:35 PM
No I think she's still avaiable..when I last heard, girls 4 and 5 were still looking...please PM Cynthia!!

Good Luck, she'd be a wonderful friend for Harry...and it would be great to have one on the forums to follow!!

Harry & Heidi's mom
12th August 2006, 07:28 AM
Hi,

have emailed her

Alison_Leighfield
12th August 2006, 08:34 AM
Harry's mum...

fingers crossed for you then???

I really hope you take her! b*n*n* :rah: b*n*n*

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Nicki
12th August 2006, 10:47 AM
oooh keep us posted...everything crossed for you :D

misty
12th August 2006, 02:17 PM
Hi,

have emailed her

Good luck!

Can I come to see her with you? ;)

Harry & Heidi's mom
12th August 2006, 06:14 PM
why not ;) but you can't have her lol

my daughter wants to name her lucky!

Harry & Heidi's mom
12th August 2006, 06:26 PM
Well i email her this morning but haven't had a reply yet, but i guess shes really busy at the moment

Maxxs_Mummy
12th August 2006, 08:10 PM
Oooh this is exciting - Harry would love a puppy playmate. He was dying to play with Ebony before wasn't he? And, from the pics of your kids with harry, they really know how to love and respect them too :flwr:

Really good luck, Heather :D xxxxx

misty
12th August 2006, 08:31 PM
Well i email her this morning but haven't had a reply yet, but i guess shes really busy at the moment

Life is often really chaotic for Cynthia, so bear with her. :)

Good luck!

Harry & Heidi's mom
15th August 2006, 08:28 PM
icon_whistling :xfngr:

springer6
16th August 2006, 01:06 PM
Yes she is still here awaiting her New Home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Spoke to you last night.................
I am going to be away over the weekend but back on Monday, speak to you then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Harry & Heidi's mom
16th August 2006, 06:25 PM
hi,

does this mean shes ours??
did the vet change his/her mind?

Harry & Heidi's mom
21st August 2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Nikki,

have you heard anything??

Nicki
22nd August 2006, 07:48 AM
Heather, Cynthia has been away over the weekend, and I haven't cuaght up with her yet, she's not been on the NESSR forum yet.

Keeping everything crossed for you...maybe try phoning her today?

Karlin
22nd August 2006, 11:51 AM
Best to have this discussion privately and directly with Cynthia, Heather. :thmbsup: Good luck!