• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do you have a thief!

Alison_Leighfield

YES we do,

Her name is Whintney! :jump:

We have never had one before and have always been able to leave plates on the table with food on...always 100% safe....until now....

Oh yes you leave the chair and with a flash she is in there, I mean this lady is super quick! you just wave goodbye to your food! :cry*ing:

We have never had a thief in the house before so new notes are posted on the doors!! reminders that she is about....watching...waiting...

I must admit although it is really naughty it is so funny! you wouldn't think she had an ounce of naughtiness in her little bones but this one is a clever one, she thinks the route out first and is one step ahead of me!

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

I put my plate down and went to answer the door...when I came back I had an empty paper plate on the floor! I'm not sure which one did...but I can guess :?

Nope, don't belive either of you :rotfl: Cathy, Jake and Shelby look far too innocent and I know that our darling whitney is far too much of an *ng*l to even think about this, Alison - you must have had a stray cat in or something :lol:

Maxx will eat biscuits and things (Alison, remember the chocolate hob nobs and a still sleeping Hunnybuns?) if left unattended but I've never known him to take off an unattended plate. Charlie however, as sweet and innocent as he looks will try and steal food from your plate as you are eating off it - he doesn't even have the decency to wait until you are looking the other way :yikes

We can't leave food out, but it's mostly because of our cat Buck.

Our biggest problem with our dogs is coffee, especially if it has cream in it. There are at least 2 of ours that will help themselves to coffee if we leave it on the coffee table next to our chair couch.

Not so much with these 2 dogs but Mattie one of my other c k c s was so small he could get on a tray and was helping my Daugter eat her dinner so funny :D Aileen

King can prob top every1's dog here...He'll steal food rit out of ur mouth if ur not careful... I will have a snack of cheese/crackers or fruits of some sort...and b taking my bite wit a lil bite hanging out of my mouth..Then b4 I can get the last bite...he snatches it from me.... Or or how bout this sometimes I'll make a snack pnut butter and apple slices... I'll give King a piece of apple w/pnut butter then when I'm eatin my piece King is eatin like 3/4 of the apple pieces then if I stop him in time he'll start lickin the pnut butter out of the bowl...tlk bout greedy :lol:

Whitney, I thought you were a lady ;)

:lol: :lol:

Cailean can't be trusted either - unfortunately he can reach the worktop in the kitchen - he's caught me out many a morning when I've been making sandwiches and Jennifer's distracted me....

needless to say, I've returned to wonder where the sandwich went icon_whistling

The cats eat from the table, cos he can't be trusted with their food but if we leave a chair out just a couple of inches, he can pull the chair out enough to climb on and thence onto the table. :)

How can you be annoyed. It's just soooo funny.

Yes I have a little thief to! :lol: If someone accidentally forget some food on the table Molder is very quick to catch the chance and the food is gone on the second! He is a clever boy and he always find it if it's food somwhere. He jumps upon a chairs and from the sofa upon the table in the living room, he almost do everything for just a tiny piece of some food! If it's somthing as he can possibly eat he loves it.. and he loves it actually to though he can not eat it, he tries to eat everything that he see, like once I saw he was chewing something and I checked it out, then it was a little rock as he was trying to eat!

That is so funny!! Such similar characteristics but completely different dogs in every way personality wise!!

Bailey is one of those that will not wait for you to look the other way - out of your mouth or from your plate he will be there in a flash if food is on offer!!

He has an obsession with chewing gum lately and when i am chewing some he just sits as close as he can get to my mouth staring at me chewing and just waiting and hoping for it to fall out!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG chewing gum yukkkkkkkkkkkkkk why do they like it so much? I am forever retrieving lumps of the stuff from Maxx's mouth when we are on a walk :(

Oh Whitney and we thought you were such a little *ng*l

It must have been one of those Shelties wearing a Cavalier suit to disguise themselves :lol: :lol:

Yes I have the biggest thief out...my Rupert!! He is just always two steps ahead of me!!!

Friends used to have a vegetable rack...Rupert thought it was the best self service restaurant he'd ever encountered!! If they moved things to the top rack, he'd just pull the whole thing over to get to it!!

Are they still friends Nicki ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxx loves the veg rack too - especially when I buy too much fruit and put it on the top shelf :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maxxs_Mummy said:
OMG chewing gum yukkkkkkkkkkkkkk why do they like it so much? I am forever retrieving lumps of the stuff from Maxx's mouth when we are on a walk :(

I don't know but I'm forever pulling Shelby away from chewed up gum on the sidewalks. Once pulled a big old chunk of green gum out of her mouth. Yuck!

Casey is our smart thief! He now has a new trick if we go out. He pulls the kitchen chair over to the counter so he can surf for food. Managed to get a steak off the counter when I went to get the mail. :yikes

If I take the doggie stairs away from the bed to keep them off, he is the only one who manages to drag the stairs back in position again. And don't leave anything on the night table...gone. :sl*p:

India is my thief. More than once I have returned to our living room to find her on the arm of the loveseat slurping my cocoa :shock: out of the mug on the lamp table. Fortunately she didn't get enough to make herself sick. :lol:

I think we luck out since Pixie isn't a jumper. She'll just sit and stare and bark if we leave a plate unattended. Although, I suspect she enlists the help of Max the cat to knock stuff to the floor for her...he seems to like flicking his kibble off his feeding table onto the floor. icon_whistling

But...Pixie likes to get into my purse and steal things. A while ago she had her nose in my bag and when I told her no, she stuck her head up...dollar bill in her mouth and ran off with it into the kitchen :sl*p:

It just goes to show what clever little dogs we all have, seems they all have their own funny little ways of being "naughty"....

but I think we all seem to enjoy it...MMmmmmmm :jump:

Alison, Wilts, U.K.

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Are they still friends Nicki ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Strangely enough...NO :yikes

but not actually because of this icon_whistling they thought it was very funny!!

Wonderful to read everyone's stories...makes me feel better, I haven't actually got THE worst behaved Cavaliers then!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO Molly,

Can you try and video him? I'd love to see him in action :lol:

I have a pic somewhere of Maxx clambering from the sofa onto our low side table to try and get to me on the chair next to it - just to see what I was eating :roll: . I have searched the computer this morning and can't find it :(

Back