• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CKCS books?

Sunna

I just wanna ask you guys, what is your favorite Cavalier book(s)? What books do you recommend with? What books do you have?
I have four Cav books:

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, An Owner's Companion
Author: John Evans
FC1861266391.JPG

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, A Complete Pet Owner's Manual
Author: D. Caroline Colie
1423723.gif

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, The World Of Dogs
Author: Margaret Workman

B0701_b.jpg

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, A New Owner's Guide to CKCS
Author: Meredith Johnson-Snyder

079382804X.gif

I am very happy with all those books, they are very good :D
But it would be very fun to hear from you if you know about some especially good CKCS book other than those ;)

In addition to those, I have Sheila Smith's Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Today. I have another one, but I have not found it since I moved. The author is a breeder in US, but may be from UK originally.

I love looking at pictures of Cavaliers from the past! I also love to study pedigrees and lines of Cavaliers. I have followed my dogs pedigrees all the way back to the first Cavaliers!

I have correctly guessed the ancestors of one or two cavaliers by recognizing facial characteristics.

One of the authors of your books, Meredith Johnson-Snyder, lives here in Ohio. We have seen her at dog shows. :flwr:

I have the second one and think I have the first but can't find it at the minute - the cover looks extremely familiar though!

I have 'swapped and borrowed' loads of Cavalier books from likeminded friends over the years but I think the second book by Caroline Coile is the best one :D

I like Sheila Smith's book, too.

I also have Mary Forward and Evelyn Booth's books, which are some of the other 'classics'.

I keep meaning to put together a library of books -- Nicki and others posted a range of favourite dog reading. I haven't got around to it yet!! But I will. I have redone the design now of the SM website and updated the info, so one step ata time... :wggle:

I have the 3rd book youhave there and also another book which is a series on all breeds.....it's the PET LOVE series or something like that.

:)I have 3 books slightly different called Paws for thought by Maureen Melvin and Paws Again by the sameperson and also Paws for pasta I am now looking for the last book They are about Abigail a cavalier king charles spaniel and is written in verse with superb line drawings I know this is of the topic but hope you understand I also brought the book called For The Love of Ollie by Sandy Ross Smith which is slightly diffrent :lol: Aileen

Thanks for the answers :) It's cool you have seen Meredith Johnson-Snyder, Cathy Moon ;) I'm thinking about maybe buy Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Today, it would be very fun to own a lot of cavs books :p

Back