• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what dogs do!!

Fi

with all this talk of snoring and other little traits i thought id ask if any other owners notice this one...

Cloe and Lady both have the same habit and im wondering if there is something wrong or is it just another cav quirk!!

they will get thier back paw, and chew the divvle out of it... they bloth like me to actually hold the paw while they dig and bite....

I have checked the paw to see was soemthing cought or cut, or nails or something but it looks fine every time...

any ideas?

any other things your pet does thats funny?

my Max loves to roll on the floor and his long hair goes all fuzzy!! but i know he does it to try to scratch his eyes [he suffers from dry eyes] a spot or cream and he's fine, but Cloe always goes straight for him and tryies to lick it out and he seems to love it, so now i have to hold him untill it has all soaked in so to speak!

Usually chewing like this would indicate some sort of irritation, from something mild like allergies to more serious neurological pain or discomfort. Some dogs seem to like licking their paws but chewing indicates something is bothering them.

I was afraid you would say that.....

i will check it out with vet, to be sure. maybe its something i can not see. :(

If BOTH dogs are doing it, it could be an common allergy or something along those lines. Definitely something to check with the vet, though.

I found something that JoJo did the other day quite funny :lol: He is a very laid back dog and relaxes alot, don't get too over excited about much. Well the other day JoJo discovered the sprinkers in the back yard. He just kept running through them like 90 Miles per hour and when he would get through he would turn around and run back through them as fast as he could. I couldn't stop laughing :lol: Maybe I should try to catch a picture of it...

Hi , someone was talking recently about dogs licking and chewing at their paws. Apparently, they can get infected by red spider mite (I think that's what it's called) anyway, the vets are making a packet because so many dogs are presenting with it. The cure (if that's what it is! ) is a product called "Frontal Attack" available from the vet and it clears it up . Also, when I have Rudee at the beach and she's been digging , I usually dip her paws in a bowl of warm water when we get home. This gets rid of any sand etc that gets stuck between her pads :paw:

The only time i've seen Cody going at her back legs like that was when she needed her anal glands cleaned.

Back